Wha does Bloodraven want?

Rickyhunt

^Ya I don't understand the thinking that BR is evil.  We have ample evidence of his character.  He believes the ends justify the means, so he may do bad stuff along the way, but his end goals are for the good of the realm.  Case in point, he invited the Blackfyre claimant to come to the great council, and then killed him.  While dishonorable, he did it for the good of the realm.

Nothing we know about his character, and age, suggests that he wants to do anything other than save the world from WW's, and maybe kill the last BF pretender if he can manage it.

^Ya I don't understand the thinking that BR is evil.  We have ample evidence of his character.  He believes the ends justify the means, so he may do bad stuff along the way, but his end goals are for the good of the realm.  Case in point, he invited the Blackfyre claimant to come to the great council, and then killed him.  While dishonorable, he did it for the good of the realm.

Nothing we know about his character, and age, suggests that he wants to do anything other than save the world from WW's, and maybe kill the last BF pretender if he can manage it.

I don't disagree with you, but the same or similar argument can be made about Tywin and the RW.

Anyway, I think so far, he wants Bran to replace him.  I'm sure that's not the end of it though...

^But Tywins end goal was not a universally good goal.  BR wanted to hold together a kingdom, Tywin wanted to take over a kingdom.

As Tywin seen it, starks were just rebels so he had good reason to destroy them because as long as they live there is no unity in westeros.

And killing blackfyre wasn't necesary good for the realm. Aegon and Aemon were soft and they could let some blackfyre sit in the throne. We can't know what would have happened.

How much of Brynden Rivers is still in BR is a good question.  Bloodraven saved the realm a lot of grief when he killed that Blackfyre.  But what about Bloodraven the 3-Eyed Crow?  Is this still the same man who crashed the traitor's tourney in Whitewalls? 

It's like Catelyn was telling Ned about Robert.  Ned knew Robert,  the man.  Ned doesn't know Robert, the king.  People change. 

How much of Brynden Rivers is still in BR is a good question.  Bloodraven saved the realm a lot of grief when he killed that Blackfyre.  But what about Bloodraven the 3-Eyed Crow?  Is this still the same man who crashed the traitor's tourney in Whitewalls? 

It's like Catelyn was telling Ned about Robert.  Ned knew Robert,  the man.  Ned doesn't know Robert, the king.  People change. 

Excellent post. Individuals change their views with time. A character's nature can change by his surroundings and experience (i.e. Sansa)

• 2 months later...

From the warging he's done right in front of our eyes, we know that he wanted Crasters son taken south of the Wall. He wanted Jon chosen for LC. He wanted Arya to know what Varys was up to. And he wanted Robert dead. That's why he killed him.

He also wanted the Starks to have direwolves and, for shits and giggles, to steal Tywin's quail. 

As Tywin seen it, starks were just rebels so he had good reason to destroy them because as long as they live there is no unity in westeros.

And killing blackfyre wasn't necesary good for the realm. Aegon and Aemon were soft and they could let some blackfyre sit in the throne. We can't know what would have happened.

but then you will be opening a big can of worms just imagine the precedence you will start by allowing a bastard line take the crown over the legitimate line. You think the dance of dragons was bad...

but then you will be opening a big can of worms just imagine the precedence you will start by allowing a bastard line take the crown over the legitimate line. You think the dance of dragons was bad...

They are not known as bastards but formally they are Baratheons and Robert's heirs. Its like saying that the Dance of the Dragon allowed a usurper's children to inherit, so that if a guy in line to the throne can just kill all his brother's or sister's children, his own children can inherit regardless if he's caught or not. I think that logic didn't really apply to the Blakcfyres, regardless.

And from what we've seen of Tywin after the Blackwater and the Red Wedding, odds are not that he would be trying to destroy the world or even Westeros.

They are not known as bastards but formally they are Baratheons and Robert's heirs. Its like saying that the Dance of the Dragon allowed a usurper's children to inherit, so that if a guy in line to the throne can just kill all his brother's or sister's children, his own children can inherit regardless if he's caught or not. I think that logic didn't really apply to the Blakcfyres, regardless.

And from what we've seen of Tywin after the Blackwater and the Red Wedding, odds are not that he would be trying to destroy the world or even Westeros.

That really is a can of worms the size of The Wall....I mean, if DNA tests were involved, Naerys would have one helluva time splainin some things....

what are you talking about... well I know what you're talking about. But we are talking about two different things I was talking about Bloodraven and Aenys Blackfrye. As the post I was replying to said he(bloodraven) should have let Aenys rule because both Targs were week. 

And dance wih dragons started the precedence that women can't inherit over legitimate men. Thats why I mentioned it, as it has relevance. In your analogy... I'm reluctant to just say it doesn't make since.

That really is a can of worms the size of The Wall....I mean, if DNA tests were involved, Naerys would have one helluva time splainin some things....

It would, however we also know that DNA tests were involved there would be much issue, although I'm not sure what Naerys had to do with it. Daeron and Daemon were both Aegon's children and Blackfyre slander of Naerys should be taken with a big grain of salt.

what are you talking about... well I know what you're talking about. But we are talking about two different things I was talking about Bloodraven and Aenys Blackfrye. As the post I was replying to said he(bloodraven) should have let Aenys rule because both Targs were week. 

And dance wih dragons started the precedence that women can't inherit over legitimate men. Thats why I mentioned it, as it has relevance. In your analogy... I'm reluctant to just say it doesn't make since.

What I was adressing was that I interpreted your post as talking about principles and I thought, and think, you were throwing a ball at the Baratheons of King's Landing and the present situation that Westeros has found itself within. Although in regards to female inheritence I'm more inclined to look at the Great Council as the start of that trend, which was then of course enforced by both several direct coupes on female heirs in the same fashion.

I hope I make more sense now. :)

Archived