Heavy Metal 9: through Bruce is salvation

MercenaryChef

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 7:19 PM, Ferrum Aeternum said:

2018 is, thus far, an amazing year for the kind of stuff I like. Can't remember 3 months into the year hearing so many great records. Best-of list is gonna be packed!

Here's something interesting that should appeal to a lot of y'all. https://thecrownofficial.bandcamp.com/album/cobra-speed-venom

hell fuckin yeah, this whips!

This will be my first year missing MDF since I started going back in 2009? 2010? I can't remember. Bummed about that, to be honest. But given that the Memorial Day weekend for me is now forever going to be associated with my father's death, I'm not sure if I'll ever make it back.

• 5 months later...

MC and I went to Quebec Deathfest in Montreal last weekend and it was pretty great. I say this as someone who is a tag-along without any great interest in the music offerings though I usually find one or two acts I enjoy. At Maryland Deathfest I discovered Electric Wizard and Sleep, for example. 

It was a two day affair starting Friday afternoon with two venues and again Saturday afternoon with three venues. Foufounes Electriques, Katacombes, and the larger capacity MTelus where we saw Exhorder, Grave, and Demolition Hammer (all unknown to me but all pretty great). Lots of Quebec acts were showcased early Friday and I hope they are able to travel to MDF. We met up with one of the Deathfest team who handles all four (MDF, California, Netherlands, and now Quebec) along with Days of Darkness in the airport heading home. Told her how much we enjoyed it and hoped it would continue to be a thing and it seems like it will.

http://www.deathfests.com/event/qdf-2018

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One more from the new Haiduk album.

summoner of cosmic darkness– –Exomancer– –conjurer of astral terror

“[Haiduk’s] strong point has always been his riffs, and here they just destroy.”

-Bravewords

The album is solid, with truly unique and mesmerizing progressions of chords and lead work piled high.”

-Contaminated Tones

“A nightmarish journey that reveals one chilling, hallucinatory vision after another.”

-No Clean Singing

“Laced with intricate diversions into an almost hypnotic, tremolo-world of ever undulating riff patterns.”

-Worship Metal

"[Haiduk] has perfected his own signature style and very few bands are doing this style."

-Metal-Rules

“Sinister, spiralling, atonal and dark, ‘Exomancer’ is going to be an underrated gem from 2018.”

-The Killchain

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived