Septa Lemore Identity/Wording of Robert's Rebellion

SerLinginBerry

Why do you think Haldon's secrets convinced Tyrion of Aegon's identity? I hadn't got that impression. And after Tyrion's cyvasse game with Aegon, he thinks "He may well be a Targaryen after all", which sounds to me like Tyrion had his doubts, though perhaps he was not thinking literally.

Why do you think Haldon's secrets convinced Tyrion of Aegon's identity? I hadn't got that impression. And after Tyrion's cyvasse game with Aegon, he thinks "He may well be a Targaryen after all", which sounds to me like Tyrion had his doubts, though perhaps he was not thinking literally.

Twice after he was captured by Jorah, Tyrion thinks of Aegon as the Aegon Targaryen. The first instance in Chapter 27-ADWD:

The hairs on the back of Tyrion's neck began to prickle, Prince Aegon will find no friend here. The red priest spoke of ancient prophecy, a prophecy that foretold the coming of a hero to deliver the world from darkness. One hero. Not two. Daenerys has dragons, Aegon does not. The dwarf did not need to be a prophet himself to foresee how Benerro and his followers might react to a second Targaryen. Griff will see that too, surely, he thought, surprised to find how much he cared.

The second time Tyrion thinks about Aegon is this passage from Chapter 33-ADWD:

Griff, with his young prince. Could all that talk of the Golden Company sailing west have been a feint? Tyrion considered saying something, then thought better. It seemed to him that the prophecy that drove the red priests had room for just one hero. A second Targaryen would only serve to confuse them. "Have you seen these others in your fires?" he asked warily.

So that is twice Tyrion thinks of Aegon as being a Targaryen without any question. And his thoughts are well disposed to Aegon.

^^True. During the cyvasse game, Tyrion's innermonlogue refers to him alternatively as the boy, Young Griff, Aegon, and the prince. He's subtly mulling over the idea of who this boy really is. But after the he must be a Targaryen after all comment, he refers to Aegon strictly as Aegon or the prince. Yes, it appears Tyrion thinks Aegon is legit.

Archived