What if Jon arryn had sons

Tarellen

It means that the realm eventually erupts into a war between Robert and Tywin when Robert executes Cersei and her children after Jon Arryn and Stannis reveal what's going on. Robert would probably win, and then he marries Margaery Tyrell to make new heirs. Or if he dies in the war, Stannis becomes king.

5 Robert Arryns is highly unlikely, and Lysa is more at fault for him than Jon. Plus there is always the thought that Robert isn't even an Arryn but rather a Baelish.

Actually is more likely that Jon was the one to blame for that. Yes Lysa had spoiled SR because he was the only child but it was more likely either Hoster's actions or Jon who caused the problems at Lysa so she had just one child. Are we sure that with a better seed donor she would be the same mother?

Also how are seizures Lysa's fault?

Lysa probably would have been married to his heir or his heirs heir if that was the case instead of Jon Arryn.

And she most likely would had a much better life.

Actually is more likely that Jon was the one to blame for that. Yes Lysa had spoiled SR because he was the only child but it was more likely either Hoster's actions or Jon who caused the problems at Lysa so she had just one child. Are we sure that with a better seed donor she would be the same mother?

And she most likely would had a much better life.

In short I agree with this, mostly.

And what I would like to add is that, when making a child I recall that both man and woman are involved and take part so I fail to see why Jon Arryn, who had failed to produce sons earlier, would be more at fault for a lack of a son, than Lysa. Both or none are guilty to it as far as I'm concerned.

Also if Cersei can't rely on Lysa to poison Jon Arryn I'm sure that Littlefinger or Varys would find a way to ignite the realm and have it tear itself appart regardless. They don't want a stable Baratheon region but war and anarchy, for their own goals. It may be from the show, but don't Varys make some comment about Jon Arryn being to trusting? If that's the case I can totally see that some other agent gets close to kill Lord Arryn.

Seizures aren't, letting her child suckle well into childhood is. Plus are we really going to blame Hoster Tully and Jon Arryn for Lysa's madness. That is more directed to LF who drove her mad by pretending to love her.

Seizures aren't, letting her child suckle well into childhood is. Plus are we really going to blame Hoster Tully and Jon Arryn for Lysa's madness. That is more directed to LF who drove her mad by pretending to love her.

Yes. We have to blame Hoster and Jon. Without them Lysa would most likely have many children and not just one after many deaths and miscarriages. So she wouldn't be so overprotective. Hence Hoster and Jon are those who should be blamed.

Archived