NFL 2015 Week Won cont: Return of the Honeybadger.

Jace, Extat

unlesshe has an injury that's not currently public knowledge and that is readily treatable in the short-term , I think we are seeing the end of Peyton Manning's career. The question is how long it will take him and the Broncos organization to recognize this. and if the team realizes it before Peyton comes to terms with it, will they be willing to bunch him?

Peyton Manning is closing in on some all time stats, the Broncos are under a lot of pressure to win with him or this entire experiment since he came back in 2012 will be viewed as a failure, they don't have a replacement that will realistically lead them anywhere Peyton can't...

It would take a lot on the Broncos part, and legacy wise, I don't think Manning wants to go out playing the way he is now, and having his last several years in the league being summed up by him getting demolished in the SB, his rival succeeding where he failed, and his replacement on the Colts knocking him out of the playoffs and looking poised to have a more successful run than him. Peyton going to Denver was all about getting the Elway story book ending.

So the story of the day is the AFC East, no? 4-0 as a division, 3 blowouts and the Patriots and Bills each dismantled an elite AFC contender. Another lost its premier defensive player and the last one was revealed to have a QB whose arm has a range of a good 8 yards. 

I mean this is national overreaction Sunday but I still think how teams look matter. And for the most part a ) contenders throughout the NFL looked shaky (add Seattle and GB to that list) and b ) there looks to be 3 very good defenses in the AFC East in addition to the Patriots usual extreme competence. Definite style points to how the division has come out this year.

Peyton had a very poor game today, the talking heads this week will scream that he is absolutely finished. I'm not so sure about that. I personally think that Manning will be fine this year. I'm going to wait a few more weeks to make up my mind if he is finished or not.

Eh. Tom Brady was done after the chiefs game last year. Small sample size is small.

Mariota had apparently the best debut game by any qb ever. From the highlights it looked like vintage Mariota.

We aren't supposed to agree KB... 

Also, I may be changing my tune later on, but as a Cowboys fan, I have seen nothing to fear in the NFC so far. It is opening kickoff for me, so take this for what it is worth, but I think my Cowboys just may be the best team in the conference and may just be right up there with NE...

(You guys feel free to ridicule me mercilessly if my Boys lose tonight)

A tip of the hat to Buffalo today.  Very nice first game for Rex and Taylor. 

Nice comeback win for the Chargers.  Keenan Allen with 15 grabs. 

Nice game for Cincy too.

Same sorry-ass Raiders.

Same sorry-ass Jags.

Same sorry-ass Browns.

Not sure after watching the Carrie Underwood waiting all day for sunday night star spangled fight pre game promo if I should be fired up for America or clearing my throat.  I mean America fuck yeah but does anyone besides Canada actually care about football?

(Not meaning to start a discussion on soccer v football.  If soccer weren't a British-english word to begin with, it might be conversation...) 

Not sure after watching the Carrie Underwood waiting all day for sunday night star spangled fight pre game promo if I should be fired up for America or clearing my throat.  I mean America fuck yeah but does anyone besides Canada actually care about football?

(Not meaning to start a discussion on soccer v football.  If soccer weren't a British-english word to begin with, it might be conversation...)

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/nov/10/wembley-nfl-london-franchise

Whoa. Torn Achilles for Terrell Suggs, out for the season.

No sympathy. He can wear his stupid-ass gladiator helmet on the sideline while decent human beings get the chance to play... Well, decent being a relative term in the cesspool that is Baltimore.

Peyton Manning is closing in on some all time stats, the Broncos are under a lot of pressure to win with him or this entire experiment since he came back in 2012 will be viewed as a failure, they don't have a replacement that will realistically lead them anywhere Peyton can't...

It would take a lot on the Broncos part, and legacy wise, I don't think Manning wants to go out playing the way he is now, and having his last several years in the league being summed up by him getting demolished in the SB, his rival succeeding where he failed, and his replacement on the Colts knocking him out of the playoffs and looking poised to have a more successful run than him. Peyton going to Denver was all about getting the Elway story book ending.

Can Brock Osweiler physically throw a football? Then he can take this stacked Broncos team further than can Manning. The greatest advantage the Ravens had all day was that Manning couldn't figure out where to go with the football and on those rare moments he had a clue, the ball struggled to get there. He's not a 'supercharged Chad Pennington'. He's an old man holding 52 other players and god only knows how many team employees hostage with his refusal to go back to whatever Mississippi swamp that produced him.

Archived