Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

I wouldnt have stopped either.

Travis' son is super annoying. Travis almost died because he had to protect his kid because he wouldn't get away from his dead mom.

I hope Nick is the only one of the kids to survive.

1 minute ago, -Ghost- said:

I wouldnt have stopped either.

Travis' son is super annoying. Travis almost died because he had to protect his kid because he wouldn't get away from his dead mom.

I hope Nick is the only one of the kids to survive.

I'm with you on all of this. Alicia is going to get people killed.  Travis' son is trouble too. I'm glad Travis had the good sense to agreet that they needed to keep going. 

4 hours ago, Jedi Renee said:

strand is awesome too. I enjoy this show more then the walking dead tbh 

Yup me too. Strand probably has an agenda, but who cares as long as he doesn't put people in harms way.

I hate the way people are written on the Walking Dead, and Fear is no exception, I can't believe most of them seemed to think it was good idea to stop help other people when 1) As far as you know, it's the apocalypse 2) you have almost no food on the boat to support the people already on it 3) you don't know these people and they could infect you or straight up murder you to try and steal the boat. 4) If the guy who owns the boat that is sustaining your life tells you he won't stop to help anyone, for god sake say OK BOSS ! instead of trying to change his mind and piss him off

I get why Alicia would want to speak with someone like that. Yes, it was dumb, but she IS a teenager who just lost her boyfriend­. She was manipulated into giving away her position. and she realized it at the end (well, the ''see you soon'' line pretty much sold it)

Carlos (ok I don't know his name, but Travis's son looks like a Carlos) is the biggest idiot out there. The character sucks and the actor sucks. Kill him. And more than once please.

I liked that at least they were fishing.

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Do you get much drug/people trafficking via the west coast? I'd prefer these guys to be actual criminals, otherwise they seem to have gone feral rather quickly.

Im betting they are actual criminals. Normal people having a fast boat would be believable, but the damage done to that boat seems to much for just average people that just fled the city. 

It's not far fetched that people hearing the cries for help of men, women, and children on a packed-to-brim half-sinking small boat would want to pick them up.  In fact, if someone DIDN'T want to pick them up, it would be unrealistic and we'd be bitching about THAT. 

I can understand Strand's instantaneous reaction.  His character is SUPPOSED to be ruthless and cunning.  He WOULD want to keep his awesome boat with its water desalination system for himself. 

Oh, and about Strand and Daniel. . .

In a preview of upcoming episodes, it shows Daniel (whose wife died) plotting to get rid of Strand. 

Not too surprising, really.  Daniel's another ruthless one.

Saw this tonight. Strangely, it didn't completely suck. Strand's a decent character, and young Pete Dohery Nick is growing on me.

Not sure why the mum and the torturer are so down on Strand. He's done nothing to suggest an ulterior motive.

ETA: And yeah, Strand was totally correct to ignore anyone who wasn't already on his boat. As far as they're aware, the end of the world has just been brought on by some horrible, fucked-up virus. Who in their right mind would have rescued those guys?

ToL, I wish I had the like button. Anyhow, your right. I get so sick and tired with everyone saying you should do this and oh, their so stupid. Your whole life just went down the tubes less than 24 hours ago and you think your gonna be in Apocalypse mode? Nah. You still care about humanity. Its just like the older guy said last season, "Nice people are the first to die.". And, most people are nice and caring and would look out for others in dire straights. It would take a ruthless SOB or military personnel to make the right choice 90% of the time. Imho, I believe they do a good job at presenting how they have a hard time coming to grips with what it takes to survive. 

I think that most of these characters are supposed to be douchebags in the beginning .... they don't know what we know, and they're still thinking in terms of the pre-apocalypse world .... the shows viability will all depend on how interesting they make the character arcs... if this show has a Carol-esque evolution or two...  and if the more annoying characters can either die badly, or have an epiphany.... maybe we can get behind this group.... granted, that's a lot of ifs & maybes..... my point is, its still early..... lets see how they handle a group of pirates and if they figure out that the Gandhi approach ain't gonna cut it in the apocalypse

Victor is by far the most interesting character on the show.

All zombie worlds assume no zombie pop-culture and therefore limited apocalypse planning. The characters caring about others makes sense, it's actually a bit odd they have a character or two (or three) who go straight to myself-before-others.

Just now, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I wonder if we're going to see a Battlestar Galactica scenario with a aircraft carrier or some sort of other naval vessel protecting a fleet of civilians. 

This was mentioned towards the tail-end of the last thread. I hope if they do it they do the admiral character justice. Adama was hilariously lenient, Cain was an offensive caricature of a woman in a position of power.

23 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

All zombie worlds assume no zombie pop-culture and therefore limited apocalypse planning. The characters caring about others makes sense, it's actually a bit odd they have a character or two (or three) who go straight to myself-before-others.

This was mentioned towards the tail-end of the last thread. I hope if they do it they do the admiral character justice. Adama was hilariously lenient, Cain was an offensive caricature of a woman in a position of power.

Yeah that was probably me. She was over the top. If they did it it would only be for a few episodes I bet but it could be cool. 

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

Yeah, cut throat pirating seems to have happened rather quickly.

I'm ok with all three teenagers to just die already.

Kid lover, huh?  :lol:  

That's how I used to feel too. 

Archived