Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

8 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

If I'm recalling correctly, water is the least of their worries. Don't they have some sort of desalination doohickey, coupled with limitless water under their feet?

Ahh, did not know they had this. I was wondering why water wasn't such a high priority.

7 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Yeah, I can see that happening. The only reason she doesn't come back is if she was a plot device to foment a mutiny on the boat. If the chain of command status quo remains there was no point to her second appearance. The first appearance was set up for the zombie clogging the water intake.

Yeah and on that whole clogging thing, boats have grates over those openings to keep this kind of thing from happening. At most it should have been clothing and debris covering the grate and being pulled in, definitely not an arm. 

On 4/26/2016 at 7:11 AM, dbunting said:

Good episode with the normal few dumb actions by people.

The yard sale landing group. It was like they were oblivious to what could happen. They land on shore then sort of just casually walk around shopping. How about you each get to a high point and look to the other side to see what could be coming your way, and maybe have a sense of urgency?

This.  I guess a "horror" show or movie wouldn't be so horrifying if people actually thought through their actions.  They dragged their rubber boat 20 feet away from the water, and left if pointing the wrong way.  I was thinking " you're only going to be here 15-30 minutes, why don't you leave it 5 feet from the water, pointing the right direction?!?!?

22 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

If I'm recalling correctly, water is the least of their worries. Don't they have some sort of desalination doohickey, coupled with limitless water under their feet?

Pretty sure that requires power.

I just don't get the uproar over mexico.  Why do they care?  it's not like they have somewhere better they need to get to.  the whole premise makes no sense.  There was no reason to keep it a secret because there's no reason for anyone to object.

That conversation pretty much would go down like this:

Strand:  'well, the US is fucked, but I have this safe house in mexico we could check out'.

Everyone else:  'OK'

it's the phoniest piece of drama since Kim Kardassian.

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

I just don't get the uproar over mexico.  Why do they care?  it's not like they have somewhere better they need to get to.  the whole premise makes no sense.  There was no reason to keep it a secret because there's no reason for anyone to object.

Strand:  'well, the US is fucked, but I have this safe house in mexico we could check out'.

Lol and this is still better then the main show right now.

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

My thoughts exactly. I remember telling my girlfriend "What's the big deal, why do they object so much ?! They have literally nowhere to go..."

And then when Maddy tells Travis they're going to Mexico he seems pissed, even though he agreed to pretty much every decision Strand made :mellow:

10 hours ago, Swordfish said:

Damn that's a good point, why would they care where they are headed? I would guess that the show is trying to show the characters still having hang ups and stereotypes about Mexico vs U.S?

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Damn that's a good point, why would they care where they are headed? I would guess that the show is trying to show the characters still having hang ups and stereotypes about Mexico vs U.S?

Maybe because they're unsure if the Mexican military dealt with the outbreak in the same way. If they didn't firebomb their cities it could be much more dangerous.  

I think I can understand their reluctance, while they have little reason to trust the military, the fact that someone is calling in airstrikes means some part of the US government still exists and is trying to do something about the outbreak.   

Going to Mexico means giving up even the illusion that someday things may go back to normal, that country borders and civilization mean anything anymore.

22 hours ago, The Unborn said:

My thoughts exactly. I remember telling my girlfriend "What's the big deal, why do they object so much ?! They have literally nowhere to go..."

And then when Maddy tells Travis they're going to Mexico he seems pissed, even though he agreed to pretty much every decision Strand made :mellow:

Nationalism of course. They don't want to go to some foreign country, they want to find somewhere safe inside the borders of the US of A, because surely trying to survive the ZA in the USA is better than trying to survive it anywhere else

On 29/04/2016 at 0:04 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

Nationalism of course. They don't want to go to some foreign country, they want to find somewhere safe inside the borders of the US of A, because surely trying to survive the ZA in the USA is better than trying to survive it anywhere 

Intresting I felt safer in Mexico City then in San Francisco when I was on holiday last year:P(I'm from nz)

This show is great. Nick is awesome he picked up the cover ur self in gore trick well! Loving the character of strand and his partner too.

More dumb tropes.

- Leave the obviously troubled kid alone with the prisoner - yep, that's a good idea.

- How convenient that the zombified prisoner guy stopped moaning and making zombie noises when the time for prisoner exchange came.  How did she get him out of the boat anyway?  And Connor and his two henchmen couldn't handle his zombie brother, Madison and a tied up Travis?

- Why wasn't anyone on the Abigail set up with the sniper rifle that the new guy used last week?

Decent enough episode, not without issues but to be expected.

Yeah, lets leave the kid who is having problems down there with the dick who is trying to torment him. Clearly he was going to kill him.

Also, yeah, you have a sniper rifle and a guy who is obviously good with it, position him to take someone out if things go south. Also, she would never have made that swap since her daughter wasn't there, no way no how never happening.

So, I don't quite understand the bad guys whole set up. What exactly were their objectives? They have boats already, they have a pretty secure location, they seem to have supplies(although probably stolen from the boats). If they had explained a little more about the why's it may have tied it all together a little better.

So now the swap has happened, how do they plan to get away since it has been made clear that they can't out run them?

And the strangest thing is that they believe that they need to pay to get into Mexico? They have radios and such, if they just monitor and ask some questions they will learn that Mexico is just as bad. I have a hard time believing that they actually think that this is isolated to the US. I mean, steal a van and drive to the hideout.

21 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

There is a Mexican flotilla at the border. The didn't say how far out it goes though.

There must be a reason they're fussing about the border. Maybe the safe house is inland but not too far south of the border, so if you sailed around the flotilla and went too far south, you wind having to traverse hundreds of miles of interior Mexico to get there, which is potentially even more dangerous. 

Archived