Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

On 5/31/2016 at 4:49 PM, The BlackBear said:

Why though? This show was always intended (as I understood it) to fill the gap between series of the Walking Dead proper, why air it at the same time?

That's right. AMC is just trying to fill out its calendar. Combined, the two shows account for 31 Sundays per year, which is a fair amount. They must not be concerned about over saturation. Hard to say if they're being smart or stupid, but time will tell I suppose. 

On 6/6/2016 at 2:00 PM, elmis said:

I mean it is just one more episode in the season, and they are waiting two months to air it. Why do that?

No, there will be 15 episodes in S2. AMC is putting in a gap like TWD most likely because it's served them well doing a season in 8 episode chunks with a hiatus in between. The hiatus for FTWD picks back up in August so the FTWD S2 finale can lead in to TWD S7 premiere.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

this was one of the best episodes of either TWD

get rid of the emo drama stuff and just give us a pure survival show

one thing I forgot from the end of last season, why is he alone? didn't they flee the compound as a group?

7 hours ago, Commodore said:

one thing I forgot from the end of last season, why is he alone? didn't they flee the compound as a group?

He left his mom, wanted to stay with the dead or something like that. :dunno:

I was trying to figure out why I just can't get into this show... and I realized that I simply don't give a shit about any of these characters...  it's a really tough group to warm up to... I love Kim Dickens, but Madison is kind of a drip... the spoiled, cute daughter, just, yuck.... the clueless boyfriend with his incredibly annoying son, hippie turned psycho stalker.... Nick needs a bare knuckle beating, but if they handle his arc right, maybe he can be someone interesting... I like Ophelia, but she is kind of boring too... Strand is the only character I find remotely interesting... I hope the Asian girl finds her way back into the show

18 hours ago, Commodore said:

Nick was feeling compassion for the dead while at the compound. He was really bonding with the woman who was taking care of the dead and he understood what she was doing. When the group, and his mom killed them all he sided with them and stayed behind. I think the dead kind of remind him of himself and his friends while high. He also doesn't feel like he belongs with society so he would feel like an outcast, same as the dead, just doing what it takes to get by.

14 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Was Nick's drugs suppose to be not-white?  If his girlfriend was patient zero, was it the weird-colored drugs that did it?

Isn't there other drugs that aren't white? I have heard of black tar heroin, but don't have the slightest idea what it would look like, I guess it would look like tar though. Are you assuming that she is patient zero? That hasn't been said at all.

I liked the feel of this episode a lot more than some of the others. If he wasn't so willing to die then maybe I would like it more, just showing him trying to survive. Could be interesting showing him traveling across the U.S from town to town seeing the different ways people are coping with the outbreak. Then idk, ending up meeting the cast, maybe just observing from a distance and then walking by.

The showrunner David Erickson was on Talking Dead and specifically called her patient zero.  If he was being just careless with language, then I think that would be unusual for a showrunner; on the other hand if he was speaking accurately why would he reveal that in an aftershow?

Actually, googling for it, there are a lot of old articles referring to Patient Zero appearing on the show, and Gloria as being that person.

I'm thinking Nick might be the real Patient Zero, except is immune to the virus, and thus can't die just like he's been telling us.

Great ep. Nick and Strand are the only characters I can stand on this show, but I love the world and seeing the west coast. Hopefully they get up to Washington and Oregon at some point.

Big moment there. Either Nick was hallucinating or he has found a way to communicate with the dead. I clearly heard some female voice say something about going home while he was with the herd. Sounded like maybe one of the zombies was singing a song and he heard it.

6 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Great ep. Nick and Strand are the only characters I can stand on this show, but I love the world and seeing the west coast. Hopefully they get up to Washington and Oregon at some point.

Big moment there. Either Nick was hallucinating or he has found a way to communicate with the dead. I clearly heard some female voice say something about going home while he was with the herd. Sounded like maybe one of the zombies was singing a song and he heard it.

I believe he was hallucinating. That zombie talking looked just like his girlfriend or rehab friend.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:13 AM, SpaceChampion said:

The showrunner David Erickson was on Talking Dead and specifically called her patient zero. 

Just another point worth mentioning... I don't know if anyone else has noticed.... and maybe its just my imagination... But the Talking dead afterhows for FtWD don't have nearly he amount of energy that the regular cast has... Try as Hardwick might to get the Fear cast excited about their experiences, feelings, insights to their characters motivations, etc..., they just appear awkward, like they aren't fans of the genre, and its just another gig for them.

The regular cast all seem to get it... to a person they speculate on what their characters are thinking in a certain moment, and reflect on scenes that triggered certain actions... but the Fear cast all seem embarrassed to be on the couch, like they'd rather break into a Shatner-esque "get a life" rant... although Kim Dickens was a little better this time than she was the first time.

That's my feeling, anyway.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

So it would seem according to this show everyone in Mexico is either a drug dealer or some kind of death cultist.

I feel like a good bunch of the survivors in the southeastern United States are bikers.  

Being some sort of death cult I get because they're surrounded by it. 

I can't wait until Alejandro turns. It's only a matter of time.  

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Just caught up on the last few episodes.  Not sure I get the plan of walking the zombies off the pier.  Aren't they just going to wash up on shore a little while later?  This show has established that the zombies can survive in the ocean for some time.

There is a strong g rip tide that is going to pull them out to sea. 

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

There is a strong g rip tide that is going to pull them out to sea. 

Plus their main goal was to clear the hotel so they could barricade it up without walkers inside, so even if the walkers did make it back to shore they would still be outside.

Archived