Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

I think most people would consider losing Chris would be a good omen. :-)

I don't think it means anything.  I noticed half the main cast of The Magicians were on Aquarius this year.  Doesn't mean anything other than many actors can fit more than one show in a year.

I hope Chris bites it soon. He's definitely the worst character on this show. I'm not really a fan of what they're doing with Madison. I still love Kim Dickens though. Nick is still the best part of this show. We get quite a bit of him already, but I still wish there was more Nick and less everyone else. Especially Chris.

5 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I think most people would consider losing Chris would be a good omen. :-)

I don't think it means anything.  I noticed half the main cast of The Magicians were on Aquarius this year.  Doesn't mean anything other than many actors can fit more than one show in a year.

Agree with you on both comments....

I hope Chris bites it soon. He's definitely the worst character on this show. I'm not really a fan of what they're doing with Madison. I still love Kim Dickens though. Nick is still the best part of this show. We get quite a bit of him already, but I still wish there was more Nick and less everyone else. Especially Chris.

Yeah I love the actress too. That just makes what they are doing with her all the more awful. I love the Walking Dead world, however. And I like Strand and Eric. So, I'll keep watching.

Yeah, they should ditch Chris and do something else with Travis. He was one of my favorite characters in season 1. I liked the road stuff, however.

If they do eventually tie Fear in with the original series, I think Nick will be a significant part in that transition.  Wihtout adding lots of spoilers, the way he's learned to move with and use the walkers to a tactical advantage reminds me quite a bit of things that are happening in the Walking Dead storyline

I see where you're going with this, Ghadrack. But I don't think they plan on the series intersecting. At least I think that was the initial plan. But if ratings don't improve I can see them possibly doing a crossover in S3 of FTWD. However, some TWD comic spoilers ahead...

Spoiler

I think it's more likely they just used Nick to introduce this whole concept of walking among the zombies as camou so it won't seem so far fetched in-universe when the Whsiperers do show up in TWD post-all out war.

But if Nick was Beta in TWD series that would be damned interesting. If he just showed up one episode in TWD S8 or S09 that would be cool. I'm curious to see if FTWD will even get to S4 at this point. They've got another 16 episodes for S3, so there's a slim chance we'll see Nick build up a Whisperer colony/army and march it cross country in time to hook up with Rick's squad. 

On 9/22/2016 at 9:21 PM, SpaceChampion said:

Travis is no Carol.

True. At least not yet. But who knows where he'll end up.

17 hours ago, -Ghost- said:

They would have to do a huge time jump to connect the two shows, right?

Yes and no. 

I think I remember show producers saying back at the beginning of Fear that you'd be seeing one of the characters in that show on TWD. Right now, Fear is at least 2 or 3 years behind the main show's timeline. But, if they wanted to have a crossover, they could write one character off Fear and then have him/her show up on TWD "3 years later." 

That would allow Fear to continue on its current timeline of being years behind the original show, while still having some crossover.

My eye roll moment of the week...how do humans not know how to get into that hotel area? Zombies, yes, they will just bunch up and do nothing but humans!?!? Hello climb the fence or walk around to another area and climb over!!!!!! How are we supposed to believe that scene? And furthermore, somehow they were able to squeeze Travis through and then secure the gate again, c'mon. Does anyone actually watch these things when they are being made and not realize how dumb that was?

Ok, rest of the episode. I like the parts with Travis aka Rick and Chris aka mini Shane. One trying to do right and not kill, the other seeing that killing is a new normal. I guess the question is will we find out next week what happened to Chris? We must because they made a big show of the two guys he was with being at the hotel gate without him. I mean it's only been two days and they are already separated and lost the truck and made it to the hotel just after Travis?

I would have to root for Nick to be the cross over "survivor" of this series. He is the only character I am very interested in, with Strand being a distant second. I think I liked Strand more when I thought he was more mysterious. Now we know he was a con man and was going home to the person he loves it kind of took away that danger about him.

I think I just watch this sho

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

My eye roll moment of the week...how do humans not know how to get into that hotel area? Zombies, yes, they will just bunch up and do nothing but humans!?!? Hello climb the fence or walk around to another area and climb over!!!!!!

Amen. I think I'm really only still watching this show in hopes Chris dies horribly.

11 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Didn't they eventually open up? I mean the doctor was examining people.  

I think they set up a "triage" area and have it guarded, people had machetes and stuff standing around. I believe the last shot of the episode was at the locked gate when the two idiots Chris was with showed up without him. I could be mistaken though because I don't watch this show fully invested, I am usually doing something else at the same time.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I think they set up a "triage" area and have it guarded, people had machetes and stuff standing around. I believe the last shot of the episode was at the locked gate when the two idiots Chris was with showed up without him. I could be mistaken though because I don't watch this show fully invested, I am usually doing something else at the same time.

I took that to mean they were letting people who weren't sick through.  I guess we'll see. It's a shame that this safe zone isn't going to last.

Well, our Chris nightmare is over.  Interesting way they went about that, via "flashback".

I'm assuming the guy who caught Ophelia is with the same group that shot up Nick's group at the end.  I get the vibe that they're setting up some sort of right wing militia has taken over the border...the "Minutemen" or whatever they call themselves...

Archived