Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

4.03 Good Out Here

Now that Nick and (probably) Madison are dead, I hope that the "now" and "then" alternating presentation style ended with their lives.
Ennis killing Madison seems like a logical explanation for Nick's murderous rage, but the Vulture did not seem to be armed when they encountered him on their scavenging run. I would like to see one more "then" flashback showing the circumstances of Madison's (again, assumed) death.
I didn't see Talking Dead after the episode. Were Frank Dillane and Kim Dickens on the Couch of Dead Characters?

15 hours ago, Holy Sith! said:

4.03 Good Out Here

Now that Nick and (probably) Madison are dead, I hope that the "now" and "then" alternating presentation style ended with their lives.
Ennis killing Madison seems like a logical explanation for Nick's murderous rage, but the Vulture did not seem to be armed when they encountered him on their scavenging run. I would like to see one more "then" flashback showing the circumstances of Madison's (again, assumed) death.
I didn't see Talking Dead after the episode. Were Frank Dillane and Kim Dickens on the Couch of Dead Characters?

They were not, I suspect we're going to keep seeing Nick in flashback form but I'm holding out hope that Madison lives and they just grabbed her to force them out of the diamond.

13 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

They were not, I suspect we're going to keep seeing Nick in flashback form but I'm holding out hope that Madison lives and they just grabbed her to force them out of the diamond.

I would hope so too. Nick's focus on killing Ennis rather than capturing and questioning him, however, makes that hope seem dimmer.

Yeah, throughout the episode I thought it was Madison dying until I started having "moral compass" feelings when Nick started reading the peace book, from then on Nick became a red shirt.

They introduced a lot of new characters this season, some of which are relatively big names for a series like this so maybe Madison is dead and they are here to fill the void? I mean, it seems like the only possible explaination for Nicks behavior since we know the little girl is alive.

I don't think Madison is dead... but in regards to Nick... IMO... in order to make a main character's death meaningful to a viewer, the writers --not to mention the actor-- would have to make us give a damn about them .... in comparison to say, Glenn, Andrea, or even Dale, Nick's demise invokes a general sense of "who gives a shit"?

4 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I don't think Madison is dead... but in regards to Nick... IMO... in order to make a main character's death meaningful to a viewer, the writers --not to mention the actor-- would have to make us give a damn about them .... in comparison to say, Glenn, Andrea, or even Dale, Nick's demise invokes a general sense of "who gives a shit"?

Have to disagree with you on that one. For me Nick carried this series through S1. Personally I don't think I would have watched all of S1 if Nick wasn't in it.

I don't know, my vibes sort of pointed to a hint that there might be an inappropriate relationship between Ennis and the girl,:dunno: fueling Nicks rage, because Nick seems really paternal and protective towards her.

Not that he wouldn't necessarily feel protective over his mother, because they did come to terms, but there is a different feel with that girl.He seems take her personally.

I continue to be annoyed at the dumb things characters do - especially those who have lived through a few years of a zombie apocalypse.  You climb to the top of a waterslide tower...which has all kinds of sheets and tarps hanging up...and you don't check it to make sure there aren't zombies hiding in any of the corners?

Tired of the timeline games. Still no confirmation on if Madison is dead or alive, all things point to dead so that means alive, maybe a hostage?

Waterslide thing, too unreal. The point of the toilet bowl is that you drop out of it a several feet minimum into a pool, stand up and walk away from the slide, so how are the zombies standing there? Also didn't notice, was that big machine gun in the cache of weapons they dug up? A gun that size can be a game changer as an intimidator. Well that and Als' SWAT truck mounted guns.

It would appear that the showrunners no longer care if the fans know what will happen this season. They're keeping us hooked by concealing how or why things happened.

I want to know why Madison is MIA. If she's dead, I want to know how it happened. I also want to know how Naomi died, how the standoff with the Vultures was resolved and what Ennis did to earn Nick's all-consuming hatred. I guess that this new tactic is working on me.

Maybe the rematch with the Vultures will feature flashbacks of the first battle to fill in all the blanks.

13 hours ago, Holy Sith! said:

It would appear that the showrunners no longer care if the fans know what will happen this season. They're keeping us hooked by concealing how or why things happened.

I want to know why Madison is MIA. If she's dead, I want to know how it happened. I also want to know how Naomi died, how the standoff with the Vultures was resolved and what Ennis did to earn Nick's all-consuming hatred. I guess that this new tactic is working on me.

Maybe the rematch with the Vultures will feature flashbacks of the first battle to fill in all the blanks.

Yeah I am finding this format frustrating. When I eat a meal I don't take a bite of dessert, then eat some salad, then dessert, then the steak...

I am guessing we will get some more details while they drive to the meeting point. Maybe get Madison's taped story after, unless of course she is dead.

They also lead us to believe the vultures basically just sit and wait for you to die, but then tell us how not everyone made it out of the stadium alive, and Naomi didn't. So was there a battle or did the vultures turn loose all the walkers they have and pointed them at the stadium, was it a virus????

Devoting an entire episode ("Laura") to putting flesh on a new character's bones after raising so many questions in the opening season episodes left me chomping at the bit.

OK, John is a nice guy and a sharpshooting addition to the team. He gave his heart to a woman with zombie apocalypse commitment issues. Sad. (At least he got his twin six-shooter back.)

I question why the entire main plot had to be brought to a halt to make those points. Get on with the main backstory, I say! 

15 hours ago, Holy Sith! said:

Devoting an entire episode ("Laura") to putting flesh on a new character's bones after raising so many questions in the opening season episodes left me chomping at the bit.

OK, John is a nice guy and a sharpshooting addition to the team. He gave his heart to a woman with zombie apocalypse commitment issues. Sad. (At least he got his twin six-shooter back.)

I question why the entire main plot had to be brought to a halt to make those points. Get on with the main backstory, I say! 

Couldn't agree with you more. An entire episode to Jon I assume since they told us Laura/Naomi died, no need to flesh her out then. Then the whole back story is he is a cop who killed in line of duty and felt guilty for it, spent a lot of time alone after the outbreak and only takes what he needs, doesn't hoard it all for himself hence the store still having supplies in it.

Also, what a lame excuse for the walkers getting in the water. Are we to assume that the one walker in the car is making enough noise to draw a small herd? How many times have we seen that once a walker doesn't see a living being and is in a car or even a room, it just sits there quietly or walks in circles!

As a stand alone episode it was good enough. Well acted, was easy to believe she was leary until she warmed up to him(strangely enough only after he shot a walker did she warm up to him) and that he was in a constant repeat cycle living alone.

Well, if they've killed off Madison, and they don't tell us how or why she died until the end of the half-season, or even the full-season, then what they've basically done is dedicated all of those episodes to rebooting the show. 

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

An entire episode to Jon I assume since they told us Laura/Naomi died, no need to flesh her out then. Then the whole back story is he is a cop who killed in line of duty and felt guilty for it, spent a lot of time alone after the outbreak and only takes what he needs, doesn't hoard it all for himself hence the store still having supplies in it.

So, when they showed the scenes from previous episodes before this latest one, I noticed that the wording of when they told Jon about what happened to Naomi. They didn't actually say she died. They said, "she didn't make it out." I think that was probably intentional and they will be bringing her back in some way.

12 hours ago, MisterOJ said:

So, when they showed the scenes from previous episodes before this latest one, I noticed that the wording of when they told Jon about what happened to Naomi. They didn't actually say she died. They said, "she didn't make it out." I think that was probably intentional and they will be bringing her back in some way.

True, she could easily be a hostage.

This past episode was like cutting open an apple and watching it turn brown...

The "Jon" character is just abysmal... I could just picture the conversation in the writer's room, "Hey, we're in Texas, right?... So lets put in a cowboy character!"... Yuck. 

Oh... and in regards to the Swat Truck and the rigged machine guns... no one thinks to go to the other side of the truck?... "Hey, you just stand there while i point my machine guns-on-a-string at you"... How is the reporter chick still driving around (alone) in that thing this far into the zombie apocalypse, especially when people are killing one another over a jar of non-dairy creamer....

15 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

This past episode was like cutting open an apple and watching it turn brown...

The "Jon" character is just abysmal... I could just picture the conversation in the writer's room, "Hey, we're in Texas, right?... So lets put in a cowboy character!"... Yuck. 

Oh... and in regards to the Swat Truck and the rigged machine guns... no one thinks to go to the other side of the truck?... "Hey, you just stand there while i point my machine guns-on-a-string at you"... How is the reporter chick still driving around (alone) in that thing this far into the zombie apocalypse, especially when people are killing one another over a jar of non-dairy creamer....

Is it bullet proof? You would think a tactical assault vehicle would be. If she slept in it and kept the doors locked it would be like living in a safe. No xhance a walker can get in or break a window and it's big enough to plow through a small herd.  Of course it's loud, heavy and uses a lot of fuel so the moment she gets out she is a target.

Surprised we haven't seen more vehicles like this TBH. Humvees, smaller military vehicles with mounted machine guns etc. And have we ever seen a small airplane, the type regular people own?

On 5/16/2018 at 9:26 PM, dbunting said:

True, she could easily be a hostage.

Yeah, I'm also thinking she may have went over and joined the other side. She may be dead, but I really think they've intentionally left the door open for her to return eventually.

Archived