Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

I just went back to this show as a friend recommended and I have to say, for a Walking Dead show it's surprisingly not bad.  Bit of a shame they killed off Nick he was the one character from the old cast that didn't irritate me. Like the addition of Al, John and Laura, and the latter's episode together which actually felt like it had a bit of soul, something I would never say about Walking Deads. I nearly always enjoy Garret Dillahunt's stuff, a criminally underrated actor.

I'm guessing Laura has to be alive or what's the point. Hopefully Madison is dead, the most annoying character since Rick's wife but i'm sure she's also fine.

Well so another episode in and still no solid answers to hardly anything.

So Naomi/Laura screwed up and caused her daughters death, which may have led to the deaths of the entire place. Ok, I get it she would crack and leave, makes sense. But then she goes back and they bring the truck of supplies back to the stadium, she has set them up for success, and yet they still end the episode on a wth moment. So after setting them up to succeed she switches to the other side? There is no way she was a vulture all along because if she was she wouldn't have given them the supplies.  

Also, was the three stooges entire plan to stand out in the open and take on 30 armed people? I mean they saw them coming, why not take cover, hell shoot Al and use her machine gun truck if needed. Do anything but stand side by side out in the open.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't understand...

You pull up in the Land Rover, and just stop 100 yards away, and watch while the caravan pulls up, then keep watching while they unload the zombies, then just sit there while the zombies surround your car.  Why didn't they drive for the gate?  I honestly don't understand...did someone in the writers room at any point say "hey...why are they just sitting there  letting the zombies surround them?"

Dumb.

Have to say, I'm sort of done with Naomi.

LOVE Diliahunts character, especially he and Morgan's dynamics, so I do hope he moves on from Naomi. No matter what darkness led her to this place, she changes sides more than Warwick, the King Maker.

I still love Strand and though I do wish Frank Dillane had stuck around, I get that he wants to pursue other opportunities.

Agreed on the tactics though, it seems to me in this world, having a scouting party to stay one step ahead of who or what may be coming for the group is essential because there is no reason to believe that after all they've been through and have seen, they are the only ones trying to survive.

And if you've made it to this point, chances are, if you aren't still ruthless, you have been.

I'm sorry, but this show is friggin abysmal... So last week ends with Alicia shooting the stupid cowboy... she, strand and luciana are outnumbered, out in the open, and  20?... 25? feet away from the gang who destroyed the stadium who are pointing guns back at them... we pick up this week with everyone shooting at one another from behind the cover of cars.... how the hell did that happen?... no one was shot?... did they all agree to get cover before they started firing?... who the F%$& let this go to TV without saying "wait a minute, this is friggin stupid?

... and that stupid SWAt truck with the rigged guns,,, FFS .... just stop... Alicia could have taken two quick steps and been under them... how many times is she *not* going to shoot that doctor lady?... 

17 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I'm sorry, but this show is friggin abysmal... So last week ends with Alicia shooting the stupid cowboy... she, strand and luciana are outnumbered, out in the open, and  20?... 25? feet away from the gang who destroyed the stadium who are pointing guns back at them... we pick up this week with everyone shooting at one another from behind the cover of cars.... how the hell did that happen?... no one was shot?... did they all agree to get cover before they started firing?... who the F%$& let this go to TV without saying "wait a minute, this is friggin stupid?

... and that stupid SWAt truck with the rigged guns,,, FFS .... just stop... Alicia could have taken two quick steps and been under them... how many times is she *not* going to shoot that doctor lady?... 

Have to agree that the shoot out scene was just horrible. I mean how does a professional crew not realize that they are asking the actors to fire at air, and then as soon as a target appears, hide behind the car, then poke your head out as the target moves behind a car, then fire at air again!!!!! WTF. Stay aimed at the target and when they poke their head out shoot! I was dying inside watching that happen over and over again. Not to mention how out numbered they were, out in the open, and then flash forward and they all have cover and the vultures run away! Flank people flank!

I do disagree with you on the Cowboy, I actually like him. Kill Naomi though.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, dbunting said:

Also, was the three stooges entire plan to stand out in the open and take on 30 armed people? I mean they saw them coming, why not take cover, hell shoot Al and use her machine gun truck if needed. Do anything but stand side by side out in the open.

And yet their plan worked perfectly!  boy I bet you feel really silly now

• 3 months later...

Posted in the wrong thread yesterday...so anyone still watching this show?

It's striking to me how different the cast is from Season 1.  However...my big question is....how did Al let her SWAT truck get stolen?  I presume she locks it up and takes the keys with her when she leaves it...

Also...I'm not sure how Martha's husband dying turns her into a complete lunatic.  I mean, it's one thing to go mad with grief.  It's another thing to start leading walkers around on poles, using them to attack other people.

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Posted in the wrong thread yesterday...so anyone still watching this show?

It's striking to me how different the cast is from Season 1.  However...my big question is....how did Al let her SWAT truck get stolen?  I presume she locks it up and takes the keys with her when she leaves it...

Also...I'm not sure how Martha's husband dying turns her into a complete lunatic.  I mean, it's one thing to go mad with grief.  It's another thing to start leading walkers around on poles, using them to attack other people.

I think it was him not being there for her when he was on the road as a trucker and especially after the shit hit the fan. 

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think it was him not being there for her when he was on the road as a trucker and especially after the shit hit the fan. 

Her husband wasn't a trucker - I don't think we know much about him except he got a guard rail through the torso.  Unless I missed something he said about it.

7 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Her husband wasn't a trucker - I don't think we know much about him except he got a guard rail through the torso.  Unless I missed something he said about it.

He gave Luciana trucking logs at the end of the episode  so we know he is the trucker. I haven't been really paying attention to her. She's a low budget version of Neagan and her catch phrase is i'm going to make you strong.  

3 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

He gave Luciana trucking logs at the end of the episode  so we know he is the trucker. I haven't been really paying attention to her. She's a low budget version of Neagan and her catch phrase is i'm going to make you strong.  

You are confusing her husband with "polar bear". We saw Polar Bear die last week with Luciana(sp?) after she gave him the beer. This ladys' husband died while she was with him, similar style of death but two different people.

Not sure how much I like this season. To contrived on how they are all meeting back up again after that major storm scattered them everywhere. I like the turnover in cast though, strange as that may be, for this type of show I think you need it to lend credibility to the danger they are facing. 

14 minutes ago, dbunting said:

You are confusing her husband with "polar bear". We saw Polar Bear die last week with Luciana(sp?) after she gave him the beer. This ladys' husband died while she was with him, similar style of death but two different people.

Not sure how much I like this season. To contrived on how they are all meeting back up again after that major storm scattered them everywhere. I like the turnover in cast though, strange as that may be, for this type of show I think you need it to lend credibility to the danger they are facing. 

That explains it, I haven't watched Sunday's episode yet.

• 9 months later...

I feel like I may be missing another thread...but I can't find one.  In any case, this new season confuses me.  I don't really understand this whole mission to just go out and "help" anybody they think is out there.  Who thought it was a good idea to fly that plane in episode one...generally planes don't do well just sitting around for years before being fired back up.

Skipping to the most recent episode...what was Al's big secret...that she was too busy filming the zombie outbreak at the start and therefore missed saving her brother?  The whole rock climbing thing was bizarre...it was like it was shoehorned in just to give an excuse to face a walker in another weird situation. 

I guess they're really driving at setting up the Rick standalone movie(s), since the mysterious 3 circle logo was on the same helicopter that took him away.

21 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I feel like I may be missing another thread...but I can't find one.  In any case, this new season confuses me.  I don't really understand this whole mission to just go out and "help" anybody they think is out there.  Who thought it was a good idea to fly that plane in episode one...generally planes don't do well just sitting around for years before being fired back up.

Skipping to the most recent episode...what was Al's big secret...that she was too busy filming the zombie outbreak at the start and therefore missed saving her brother?  The whole rock climbing thing was bizarre...it was like it was shoehorned in just to give an excuse to face a walker in another weird situation. 

I guess they're really driving at setting up the Rick standalone movie(s), since the mysterious 3 circle logo was on the same helicopter that took him away.

I doubt there is another thread since I don't know of anyone who cares enough to start another one? This season is just boring to me. I mean the whole thing where Morgan and what's his name meet up was bad. Getting a 2nd character from TWD to the exact same other group is too far fetched for me. Also, what are the odds of having two people in a tiny group who can fly a plane? And Al can also fly a helicopter? I mean c'mon. 

And Al, yeah, I think her secret was her shame in not being there for her brother.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know what to say about the absolute stupidity of this "let's build a plane and fly out of here" plot.  We started the season with them flying a plane...which we were never given any indication that anyone knew how to do.  And know we're expected to believe they're repairing/building a large airplane in a matter of days?!?!?  There are no roads out of this area that they're in??! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, HokieStone said:

I don't even know what to say about the absolute stupidity of this "let's build a plane and fly out of here" plot.  We started the season with them flying a plane...which we were never given any indication that anyone knew how to do.  And know we're expected to believe they're repairing/building a large airplane in a matter of days?!?!?  There are no roads out of this area that they're in??! 

Yep, they were able to rebuild a crashed airplane using duct tape and 7 year old chewing gum and fly 10-15 people out of there.  This thing is pretty much dead, if it wasn't on during a slow summer period I wouldn't even bother dvr'ing it. Hopefully Morgan gets saved and heads back to the main show because this one won't be around much longer. Of course, the main show is on a steep decline too.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I had a bunch of these build up on the DVR, and just got caught up.  I'm confused.  Let me make sure I didn't miss anything.  At, what I think was the mid-season finale, the Logan guy showed up and asked them to help find the oil fields.  Then...in the mid-season premiere, he was suddenly back with a bunch of other people being a bad guy?  We got some dialogue that indicated "the good guys" double crossed Logan and found the oil fields themselves.  Is that correct?  Did I miss an episode?  It sure seems like a big plot device to just handle by some exposition and dialogue.

Archived