Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

14 minutes ago, Pecan said:

There must be a reason they're fussing about the border. Maybe the safe house is inland but not too far south of the border, so if you sailed around the flotilla and went too far south, you wind having to traverse hundreds of miles of interior Mexico to get there, which is potentially even more dangerous. 

That sounds about right. And we don't know how the Mexican government dealt with packs of walkers.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:38 PM, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It looked like Mexico fortified the border. So driving in a van is going to be tough. 

So THAT'S how Trump is going to close off the border and have Mexico pay for it.  I was wondering how that would work.  :idea: 

Missed the part about the floating barrier at the Mexican boarder. So, fill up on fuel and go out around, down, and back up the inside of Baja, or at least try. That or head north to less populated areas.

On 5/13/2016 at 2:40 PM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

They straight stole that zombie/bag over the head/prisoner exchange from the Telltale Michonne Episode 3 video game. Yikes.

I have to catch up with this show, and have not played the Michonne game. Still I suspect what you're talking about was actually borrowed from Holly's fate in the comics. 

I am still liking this show and am able to keep the two separate. There are obvious parallels to the farm with the room of walkers. At least this one has a jail cell, kinds wonder what that was used for before!

Have they stated yet what this guy did for a living? The stereotype would be drugs but looks more like a wine maker.

Have to wonder if Celia?(the mom of the guy who owns the place) if going to react to Strand "killing" her son. She will not be as peaceful as Herschel was.

What is the Owl? The coin had the same symbol on it. Why did he want it given to his mother so badly and the other guy recognize it and toss it? Interested to see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I think they were real estate developers or something.  

Yeah I kind of got that, but most real estate developers don't have automatic weapons stashed around. I am sure we will get the back story later showing the shady side.

8 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I kind of got that, but most real estate developers don't have automatic weapons stashed around. I am sure we will get the back story later showing the shady side.

It thought they were into something unsavory but I changed my mind after hearing that Strand went to L.A. after the unrest started. 

15 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It thought they were into something unsavory but I changed my mind after hearing that Strand went to L.A. after the unrest started. 

They way they met though, with Strand pulling a con job and then the other guy having the ability to track him down and have body guard, just seems shady.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

They way they met though, with Strand pulling a con job and then the other guy having the ability to track him down and have body guard, just seems shady.

I think because Strand was using his credit cards.  It is somewhat shady but we'll see where it goes.

So, to all of you watching season 2; If one, like me, watched season 1 and thought that it started out great but then just went downhill from there and at the end became pretty boring... Would you recommend watching season 2? I'm a huge fan of all zombie-related things, but even I have my lines as to where something becomes of a too low quality... for example I can't stand TWD-tv-series, it is just awful, so awful...

1 minute ago, Seasick Shrimp said:

So, to all of you watching season 2; If one, like me, watched season 1 and thought that it started out great but then just went downhill from there and at the end became pretty boring... Would you recommend watching season 2? I'm a huge fan of all zombie-related things, but even I have my lines as to where something becomes of a too low quality... for example I can't stand TWD-tv-series, it is just awful, so awful...

if you don't like TWD then you probably won't like FTWD, I love both though :P

Just now, Lemore said:

if you don't like TWD then you probably won't like FTWD, I love both though :P

Haha yes, I get that point, but too me the first half of FTWD:s first season, was much better than any episode that I've seen of TWD. But my point were, do things start to become more interesting in season two or does it just keeps on rolling downhill (that is of course my interpretation of the first season hehe)? :)

Just now, Seasick Shrimp said:

Haha yes, I get that point, but too me the first half of FTWD:s first season, was much better than any episode that I've seen of TWD. But my point were, do things start to become more interesting in season two or does it just keeps on rolling downhill (that is of course my interpretation of the first season hehe)? :)

Well i can't really answer that because I don't think that it did go downhill, what was it that changed that made you dislike the 2nd half of S1? The first half hadn't much Zombie action so did you not enjoy it after they started showing up or what?

3 minutes ago, Lemore said:

Well i can't really answer that because I don't think that it did go downhill, what was it that changed that made you dislike the 2nd half of S1? The first half hadn't much Zombie action so did you not enjoy it after they started showing up or what?

hm, I remember thinking that the beginning was exciting and interesting with the outbreak and all that, but then it turned in to a bunch of lame overly dramatic people whining and being annoying, much like TWD imho. 

1 minute ago, Seasick Shrimp said:

hm, I remember thinking that the beginning was exciting and interesting with the outbreak and all that, but then it turned in to a bunch of lame overly dramatic people whining and being annoying, much like TWD imho. 

Alot of the characters are annoying in it, that's true enough. I do really like Nick and Strand though, as long as I have a couple of characters that I find interesting I'm happy enough. But anyway, if you didn't like the second half of S1 you probably won't like S2 either

33 minutes ago, Seasick Shrimp said:

Stay far away from this show. If you didn't like the second half of Season 1 there really isn't anything mind blowing this season to get back on board with. This is a very mediocre show.

Archived