TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

This is beyond frustrating. I tried to log in several times, failed, got frustrated, decided to start a whole new account, did that, tried again today, and got here. Wow, this sucks. Feels like somebody renovated your house while you were sleeping. Nothing's making any sense really. I don't come here for notifications or following man, I just come here to let off some steam, chill, and randomly discuss things I happen to share an interest in with seemingly nice strangers. Simplistic is what they should have gone for.

I tried to Follow someone and it said I would receive notifications every time they posted.  I'm not sure if I want to receive notifications every time my friends post, rather than getting notifications in the threads I Follow.   I think that's why they have disabled Notifications for now.

I had a lot of friends.  Just think of the hundreds of notifications you might get on a busy day.  A bit silly, I think.

Go to your notification settings and tick only the options that you wish to receive notifications for. It is handy to get them for new posts on the followed threads or somebody quotes you.

I wonder why the option for getting notifications when somebody posts on my profile is disabled though. Not that I expect anybody to post on my profile, but that is the kind of thing one would want to know. :P

I just realised that also people who are not logged in - that is, non-members - can access profiles. I sure very strongly dislike that. *grumble grumble grumble*

they can? Have you tried this? I don't like that idea either. 

(Though it could be an error, like the way "Guests" we're able to post at first. You should maybe flag it up with someone)

eta; one thing I do like is that the forum seems to save your posts and/or message if the page crashes and you haven't sent it. That's always a bonus

they can? Have you tried this? I don't like that idea either. 

(Though it could be an error, like the way "Guests" we're able to post at first. You should maybe flag it up with someone)

eta; one thing I do like is that the forum seems to save your posts and/or message if the page crashes and you haven't sent it. That's always a bonus

I logged out and I could still access profiles through usernames, so yes. It is stupid.

Sorry, didn't mean for my first new post to be a whining. So, I see a lot of old posters have returned, and I think a more dignified introduction is due. 

I am The King in Black. I fled the madness of GenAsoiaf (Varys's dick is a wight ? Really, that's what life has come down to now ?) and wandered around looking for solace. I finally found asylum in the very South, where people rightly spend their time spamming, discussing books and TV and movies, and playing stupid games. So one dark and stormy night I sneaked into this thread, and Here I am now ! I make generally pointless and irreverent posts, my posts seem as if written during manic periods, and my interactions with posters here are borderline inappropriate. Still, I'm put up with for.... reasons. Glad that you are back, do stay around and post more !

How mysterious... :hat:

You're an appreciated contributor of spam, and we are (mostly... well in this regard anyway) sensible people, so of course we like you!

I logged out and I could still access profiles through usernames, so yes. It is stupid.

Not a fan either. The need to be a member to stalk people on this site is at least one small obstacle to keep the laziest stalkers out.

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well.

I am trying the computer version of the new board for the first time. It seems to work perfectly fine now. For me it seems faster and better than before, and I like the design. No complaints on that. Most issues on phone is resolved, but I wish I didn't have to have Java enabled. Without it the site covers the whole page and the ad banners are gone, but I can't access profile or pm's. Meh.

Also, if you are following me - don't be alarmed if I disable the follow function. I just don't like the idea of people getting notifications for everything I post, it feels super weird. I saw there's an option to not allow followers and maybe I'll use it.

How mysterious... :hat:

You're an appreciated contributor of spam, and we are (mostly... well in this regard anyway) sensible people, so of course we like you!

Not a fan either. The need to be a member to stalk people on this site is at least one small obstacle to keep the laziest stalkers out.

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well.

I am trying the computer version of the new board for the first time. It seems to work perfectly fine now. For me it seems faster and better than before, and I like the design. No complaints on that. Most issues on phone is resolved, but I wish I didn't have to have Java enabled. Without it the site covers the whole page and the ad banners are gone, but I can't access profile or pm's. Meh.

Also, if you are following me - don't be alarmed if I disable the follow function. I just don't like the idea of people getting notifications for everything I post, it feels super weird. I saw there's an option to not allow followers and maybe I'll use it.

Elle a non seulement phrase dans une langue qui pourrait vous dire ce que vous avez  :wub:

Good day spam.

Best of luck KTI! I also am very happy it's Friday! :commie:

Elle a non seulement phrase dans une langue qui pourrait vous dire ce que vous avez  :wub:

Awww.  :grouphug: My French is even worse than yours but I understand what you are saying :lol:

what it means is  "I'm actually a werewolf and you are  There are no more words left in any language to flatter you (according to Google Translate at least; then again they don't consider Elvish and Klingon as languages)

Nah, I'm just making this up. Peb's is right.

We love you KITB :grouphug: !

Happy belated Veteran's Day Lany and Rocksniffer!  Thank you for you service!

OMG!  Have y'all heard the new Chris Isaak?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUnZzamxJzw

Thank you DreamSongs, y'all are gonna make me tear up now. Here's some probably inaccurate French for you too.  Ecoute ma prière est les battements cardiaques, la mélodie est sur toi que.

See, I wrote it in Italics, because everything written in Italics is always legit !

And thanks to you, now I will have heard of the new Chris Isaak. And belated Veteran's Day to all servicemen indeed.

Morning my lovelies   Happy Friday!  Stopped off at the store before work to get my son a phone card and compare the prices on the games I am buying him, then I was looking around and picked up the last two Marvel figures we didn't have and then looking at clothes and suddenly I remember I am supposed to be going to work   No clue where my head was.  But I still got here at 8:00 exactly (but I like to be a few minutes early so I can go to the cafeteria for breakfast

I have decided I really don't like the new system our schools are using for the subs.  I signed up for only teacher jobs, the ones that pay the full salary. Last year, these were the only jobs that I was offered and that I saw when I logged in to the system. (which makes sense!  no point in showing me nurse jobs or showing aides teacher jobs they a re not qualified for)

Apparently, the new system does not make the distinction between teachers and aides, and aides get paid so much less.

Which is another issue:  the aide job was so much more tougher than any regular teaching job.  The lower pay is just not fair for them!!!!

I also don't know if it counts as one of my 5 days I need to do to stay on the list.  :tantrum:

Archived