Secret Santa X...Gift are arriving from all over the World!

DreamSongs

Bad news gang...we lost the thread for this year in the board reboot.  All names and addresses will need to PM'd to me so I can do the final match up...which was going to be tonight <_<

So, I guess we start from scratch.  You can either write a paragraph about yourself and likes/dislikes or copy and paste a questionnaire.

The Santa's that I have listed from memory are:

Lany

Turniqui-Calima

Rocksniffer

Madame Zabsie

Ded as Ned

Littlefingers in the Air

Koba

Nox Irradiata

Theda Baratheon

Lady Q

KiDisaster

Arya Kiddin'

DreamSongs

PMG

Helena

LilyValley

Mcbigsky

Adz of CCAA

CorwinusJ

Lady Olenna

TheLegend of Cora

King Tyrion I

Fragile Bird

Anubiel

If I missed you or placed you on the list erroneously, let me know.

Update 11/15/15:  I count 24 Santas, including myself.  PMs are being sent out!  If you haven't received a name and an address within 24 hours (because the board is being wonky tonight) then you've been naughty and haven't sent me one!

Or the board's been replaced again!

Update 11/26/15:  We remain at 24 Santas.  WillWork4NinjaPowers hasn't been on the board since September and was replaced by Lady Q.  Let's hope everything is OK with our missing NinjaSanta!  I also want to thank the many people that offered to double up the holiday cheer :)

I'm in as well.

Reposting my questionnaire.

My questionnaire:

Are you over 18? Yes.
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): French, Asian and Italian. Hot'n'spicy.
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Chewing gum, nuts, dried fruits, candy in general)
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Fresh, masculine
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Photography. My collections. Writing and reading.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Non-fiction (history, medicine, psychology, law and neurology), graphic novels, true stories, fantasy.
Favorite animal: Dragons, lions.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): The great classics. Greenaway films.
Favorite Color : Purple/Green
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: surprise me. But no Christmas music, please. Something local/spiritual would be nice.
Do you collect anything? Yepp. Dice. But also mugs, lanyards, key rings and old fountain pens and pipes, role playing games books and accessoires. Funko Pops (see below), Mystery Minis (see below), Funko Legacy figures (I have normal Tyrion and SDCC exclusive Tyrion and Jaime) books. Lannister related articles, caps.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? I'm always in need of ballpens, ink and pens. And tea and coffee - especially brands/blends I haven't tasted yet.
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I love surprises. I really do.

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? Purple/Green
b. Type of candy? Turkish nougat, chocolate
c. Type of munchie? Crisps and nuts.
d. Puzzle to do? Logical puzzles and jigsaws.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) Mh... no, I don't really.

4. What type of hobbies do you have? Reading, listening to music, cooking, writing, baking, my collections, taking photos, going abroad I guess I'm the active type of guy.

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Chaos! <g>

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?
Immediate family.
7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Santa Claus(e) with Tim Allan. I really do like that kind of humor. And "Nightmare before Christmas".

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/
Religious Christian

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.
B ) Sounds great. But I'd also buy champagne for that event.

10. Favorite Christmas music
Johann Sebastian Bach

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

e) Definitely.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.
Cohiba Cigars (I'd really love to taste them.)

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: men's xl, hats: m

14. What colors are in your:
a. Bedroom?
Blue
b: kitchen?
White
c. living room?
Beige
15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)
Nothing special, although I do have a few vintage pieces of furniture.

Anything else your SS should know about you? Surprise me. I really like surprises.

Dear Secret Santa,

If you want to give me Funkos, I'd like The Mountain or Oberyn or even Ramsay. The later is my favorite bastard.

I don't have either any Dark Horse or Three Zero figurines yet.

I currently own these Funkos: normal Tyrion, Battle axe Tyrion, Pop Cultcha's exclusive Tyrion, Tywin w/silver and w/golden armor, Hot Topic exclusive Bloody Brienne, Cersei, Jaime V.1 and V.2, The Hound, Joffers

I currently own these Mystery Minis: Joffrey In Memoriam, Joffrey normal, Tyrion, In Memoriam Tywin

I would love those Mystery Minis: Tyrion V.2, Oberyn, Jaime (both editions)

And of course „A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms“ would be really great! I have the graphic novels though.

I can't remember what I wrote in the thread that went missing. But here's some info about me that might or might not be interesting:

I love surprises!

I don't wear t-shirts.

I don't collect anything.

I have two Maine Coon cats, but love all animals. Particularly horses and dogs.

I love cooking and baking.

I like pumpkin scented Yankee Candles.

I love to try new kinds of candy and chocolate.

I like to travel.

I have all the Hedge Knight stories.

I don't read science fiction...

I don't have a DVD-player, or CD-player...

My questionnaire:

Are you over 18? Yes.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Indian, Jamaican, Chinese

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Not much of a candy person aside from chocolate which, of course, melts. 

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Um...fresh & clean? 

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Board games & video games, trying new craft beers. 

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Fantasy & Sci-Fi. Historical fiction is also very cool. 

Favorite animal: Dragonfly, wolf, otter. 

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I like pretty much all kinds of movies. Most partial to dramas I suppose.

Favorite Color : Green

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Coheed & Cambria is my favorite band, but my taste in music is pretty wide. I don't really like metal, country or dubstep but other than that. 

Do you collect anything? Nope, not really. 

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? One can always use more socks. 

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I'm gonna love anything you decide to send me so don't even worry about it :) Also I'm allergic to mango just in case that crops up for any reason. 

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? Green
b. Type of candy? Chocolate
c. Type of munchie? Pretzels
d. Puzzle to do? Logic puzzles. 

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.): Nope, not really. 

4. What type of hobbies do you have? I play video games and board games quite a bit, listen to audiobooks. I enjoy cooking and occasionally baking. 

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Madness. 

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? The latter is better, but it's almost always the former. 

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? A Christmas Story because it's A Christmas Story. 

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/: Non-religious. 

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

B sounds pretty great. 

10. Favorite Christmas music
Old Blue Eyes. 

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

A, always A. 

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant: Can't think of anything that fits this description. 

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: XL for shirts. 

14. What colors are in your:
a. Bedroom?
White, blue, grey. 
b: kitchen?
White
c. living room?
White, brown
15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)
None in particular. 

Anything else your SS should know about you? Answered up top :) 

-----------------------------------

To give a more useful answer than everything above though: I'd love a gift that you feel best represents the place you're from or the things you love about where you're from. Can't really beat a gift like that. 

Also if you decide to go the board game route here's a list of the ones I already have: 

Android: Netrunner       

Betrayal at House on the Hill       
Cards Against Humanity       
Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game       
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)       
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre       
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Rumble at Castle Tentakill       
Friday       
A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)       
King of New York       
Mage Knight Board Game       
Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion       
One Night Ultimate Werewolf       
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set       
The Resistance: Avalon       
Roll for the Galaxy       
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective       
Small World       
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game       
Specter Ops       
Talisman (fourth edition): The Reaper Expansion       
Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)

i am in and here is my questionaire ...Bex i will send pm on facebook

Are you over 18? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): I love all food – whatever is your local cuisine it is for me!

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : nuts, dried fruits, chocolates, I saw someone say Turkish nougats…hhhmmmm sounds good…but also hard candies especially ones that are unique to your local region and caramels….love ‘em.
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): not much for certain strong chemical smells, but do enjoy earthy incense on occasion.

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): reading, fishing, sailing, fishing, riding harley, watching movies, fishing…

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): science fiction, non-fiction, alternate history, fantasy.
Favorite animal: dog…though now that Pusifer has invaded my life cats are also up there.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): great classics but also cool indie films, old school horror but hate zombies
Favorite Color : blue
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: rock, metal, jazz, blues, reggae …I would dig something from a local band you like

Do you collect anything? Shot glasses, maps, rocks, fossils

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Need…no, not really. I do enjoy teas and other beverages that are specific to a region.

anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I drink and smoke and enjoy trying new things…i am a sucker for anything local…even street maps and coastline maps which might seem boring to you will be interesting to me…I can be happy with a bag of sand/shells/ and rocks from an place…I have samples from everywhere I have ever been. A bottle of good vodka or sake is something I also enjoy. And I do not yet have the hedge knight books…

I have only included the parts of this that are relevant to me and don’t repeat the questions above

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite: Type of munchie? Nuts, chips/crisps, pretzels.

Puzzle to do? Logic puzzles and jigsaws.
3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) not me so much but Number One niece – SWMBO – loves all that kind of stuff, particularly if it is local to your area and handmade if not too expensive…so it would work for me as well.
5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Party.
6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? my choice just me and the little nieces opening presents and hanging out, playing games or camping….but at least every other year I must attend the “Gathering” and I wish it was limited to just second cousins…I have a LARGE family and anyone who can claim even a drop of blood comes out and reminds me why I live in a different state. But the food is outstanding!
7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? I enjoy animated old school (Charlie brown Christmas) and new school (polar express) I also like Scrooged and It’s a Wonderful Life
8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/: I was born catholic… I believe nothing now…though I would be interested in some small thing that represented my santa’s preferences…that is to say if you are religious/spiritual/mystical/druid… a small token or item that represents your beliefs would be cool. I could start a convo with kids about this which is always good with me.

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why: a beach or a cabin ok by me

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Hahahahah I am willing to try anything…

clothes: I almost skipped this cause I don’t need any clothes…but would not mind a knit cap, gloves, socks or scarf made in a local or regional style …
15. What style is your home decorated in? is “junk shop” a style?

I'm in. :)

A little about me:

I'm over 18, live in Hawaii (but originally from North Carolina and a Southern girl at heart), and am willing to ship internationally. Favorite color is purple and I'm a huge nerd (particularly of the Star Wars variety). :D  Favorite animals are pandas and octopussies octopi.  I love SciFi and Fantasy movies and "bad" TV.  I'm also into cooking/grilling, whiskey, and the ocean.

I'm pretty easy to please and I'm sure I'll love anything I get. My Santa last year was awesome! :grouphug:   Something local from wherever you are would be really cool.

I'm in. :)

A little about me:

I'm over 18, live in Hawaii (but originally from North Carolina and a Southern girl at heart), and am willing to ship internationally. Favorite color is purple and I'm a huge nerd (particularly of the Star Wars variety). :D  Favorite animals are pandas and octopussies octopi.  I love SciFi and Fantasy movies and "bad" TV. I'm also into cooking/grilling, whiskey, and the ocean.

I'm pretty easy to please and I'm sure I'll love anything I get. My Santa last year was awesome! :grouphug:   Something local from wherever you are would be really cool.

COVEN! :commie: :D 

Hi there is it too late !?! I want to take part in this :3 

Hello I don't really know what to write about myself but this is my tumblr and I post lots of stuff that interests me there so maybe you could get a sort of idea of what kind of person I am lmao when im not posting stupid selfies or animal vendor jokes haha

basics i'm a 21 yr old woman 

i am willing to ship internationally i am sure i could manage to work it out lmao but i am a bit crap

i love most foods except im veggie so obvs dont eat meat 

as for candy i cant eat marshmellows or anything with gelatin in  because im veggie i love chocolate tho 

fave scent anything like ...cute and fruity, sweet 

hobbies: colouring books, writing, watching dvds and playing video games, i want to get into hiking more and i used to really love theatre and wanna get back into that not sure how useful this all is haha 

fave animals cats and dogs and pigeons and crows !!! i love most animals actually except angler fish those scare the shit out of me 

i like cute witchy or gothic things 

fave films: blade runner, alien, aliens, sunset boulevard, matter of life and death, wings of desire, labyrinth, neverending story, pulp fiction, inglourious basterds, fight club, near dark, princess bride, monty python i love loads of stuff 

music; post punk, synthpop, blues, 80s pop, alt rock, shoegaze, dream pop

do i collect anything ; ummm only dvds really, little necklaces with nerdy things on, i have a ill la kill necklace, fallout necklace, one with strawberries on, one with a little owl on, i used to have one with an ANKH on it but i lost it and have been meaning to get another !!!!! i like gothic type stuff but when i say gothic i dont mean victorian or steampunky, i mean like 80s trad goth :P 

i love stuff to do with androids and replicants and post apocalyptic futures lmao 

video games i love; fallout, oblivion, skyrim, undertale, mount and blade, walking dead telltale my steam is sianesther feel free to add me 

i was gonna say you can add me on facebook but i realised it's secret santa and that might be a bit of a giveaway lol 

i love little keepsakes and stuff im probably hopefully quite easy to buy for :3 

From an unidentified participant:

I'm a second year law student. I enjoy going for walks while listening to music (film/tv soundtracks mostly, I have a thing for instrumental music) and lately I've found myself enjoying a walk through Regent's Park in the cold, then going to get a coffee and read my book while I warm up again.

I'm very much into reading, and would much rather read a book than watch TV or a film. Favourite author is Robin Hobb, though I've read more or less all of her stuff as Hobb, and am in the process of working through her Lindholm stuff now (read The Reindeer People and Alien Earth). Other than Hobb I like far too many authors to mention them all. I'll also read most any genre, though my favourites are Fantasy, Historical Fiction and certain classics (Pretty much anything Dickens or Austen. Also come to greatly appreciate E.M Foster this year after reading Howard's End and The Longest Journey). I'm always on the lookout for something new though.

Film and TV I'll watch a huge range of stuff, from old British comedy (Are You Being Served?; Fawlty Towers; Carry On...; Keeping Up Appearances) to gothic drama horror ala Penny Dreadful (which I'm far too obsessed with, but there you go. Also a big James Bond fan, having grown up with them as background noise throughout my childhood (Mam was always watching them). 

Home decoration I don't really have much, nor can I use much - I'm in student accommodation and there are fairly strict rules regarding putting stuff on walls etc. 

Favourite colours are purple, green, silver, and blue.

Not religious.

I have (had I guess) a dog, who lives with my parents. I'm one of those people who will refer to their pet as their baby...

I'm very close with all of my family - a Christmas without a get together of the extended family (admittedly for me this is only me, mam, dad, 2 grandmothers, aunt you and uncle) would just feel wrong to me.

i'm a big sentimentalist when it comes to keeping things. Like, train tickets, if I have gone to visit a friend I've not seen in years. Keep those. Napkins from restaurants if I had a particularly great time. Confetti and place cards from party tables, letters people send me, birthday and Christmas cards...I think you get the idea

That's about all really. Just know,whoever you are, I'm easily pleased and will appreciate anything I receive. Send me a paper clip and I'll buy myself a frame and stand it on my desk

Are you over 18? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): All the food.
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Chocolate
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): All the perfume.  I love everything that has a smell.  
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Reading
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): SFF and strange art books.  
Favorite animal: Cats
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I don't own any John Waters films and they're all brilliant.
Favorite Color : Red
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: I love music.  A local band of any stripe would be great.
Do you collect anything?   First edition books.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I love surprises and I love MAIL.

I guess we're back to the good old fashioned questionnaire. I'm just gonna use the first part plus I've added some general info on the bottom.

Are you over 18? Yes. I'm 30.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Vegetarian.
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : I love candy of almost all kinds. Salty Licorice is a favorite.
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Vanilla/Coconut.
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Video Games (but I get most video games digitally). I do some birding and scuba diving. I like to paint, draw, sew, bake etc., but don't do it as much as I would like.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Lighthearted Non-Fiction and Fantasy.
Favorite animal: Dogs, Blue Jays, Sharks
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): The only movie I would be interested in owning would be anything Monty Python (I already have Life of Brian).
Favorite Color : Purple
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Not really
Do you collect anything? Not a collection per se - but I have a lot of blankets because I can never resist a cozy blanket.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Good 2-person board games are always appreciated.

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:

I'm easy to please and will like anything that has your personal touch to it. I am always happy with scarfs, lotions, crafty stuff, t-shirts (ladies size M-L), earrings, etc. etc. Any geeky stuff is awesome.

Stuff I like: Borderlands, Elder Scrolls, Portal, Minecraft, Monty Python, Asoiaf, LoTR, Marvel, James Bond.

Christmas this year will be just me and the husband in New York. So quiet and cozy with lots of Swedish style food (I grew up in Sweden). We usually don't go all out with decorations, but I think it's time to add more to our collection of Christmas stuff, so anything like that would be fun as well.

Finally, local flavor is always appreciated.

My GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7388714-ameli-qvist-allen

My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/people/ameliqvist?ref=hdr_user_menu

Archived