Secret Santa X...Gift are arriving from all over the World!

DreamSongs

My questionnaire:

Are you over 18? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Steak and Potatoes
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : No candy, but I love cashews and pecans
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Bacon.  But only if it's from actual, real, cooking bacon. (So no bacon-scented candles)
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Gaming, Cooking, Reading
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Sci-Fi / Fantasy, Comics, Graphic Novels
Favorite animal: Dragon
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Sci-Fi/Fantasy, mind-benders
Favorite Color : Blue
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Local rock bands
Do you collect anything? Old coins.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? UK (University of Kentucky) Memorabilia  
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: 

Questionnaire 2

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) Mh... no, I don't really.

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?
Big Family Christmas

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? A Christmas Story, because it's awesome

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/
Religious 

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.
B ) Sounds great. 

10. Favorite Christmas music
Traditional Carols

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

e) Definitely.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.
Van Gogh Vodka

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: men's 3XL

14. What colors are in your:
a. Bedroom?
Blue/Gray
b: kitchen?
Red
c. living room?
Beige
15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)
Single Dad.  Basically random, basic, and functional

Anything else your SS should know about you? Surprise me.

Everything from this thread is backed up to my PC now.  The content will be added to the new thread.

Koba...you are OK.  I just need a way to contact you with your SS since the board is being wonky.  Sending via PM now; I hope it doesn't get lost before you see it.  I've been using FB as a back up to notify people as well.

Sniffer, you can copy and paste your questionnaire from last year.  

I should probably clarify, I generally drink fruit tea. I am not even sure what plain tea means. Without honey/sugar/lemon?

Beautiful? You mean aesthetically pleasing? I usually judge my food and drinks by how they taste, not how they look. :P

You are one of the scarce English people on the forum who would say that. They had something of a tea war up in GenChat at some point.

What did you study? Geology or something, right? I saw that you were interested in getting a Karst stone sample from your Santa. :D Almost made me want to sign up.

yes i am a geologist...and rock samples are always cool with me...your area is some of the most beautiful geology in the world...

Everything from this thread is backed up to my PC now.  The content will be added to the new thread.

Koba...you are OK.  I just need a way to contact you with your SS since the board is being wonky.  Sending via PM now; I hope it doesn't get lost before you see it.  I've been using FB as a back up to notify people as well.

Sniffer, you can copy and paste your questionnaire from last year.  

thanks bex, but i didn't get in on it last yr...however i have posted one in this thread and saved it to replace if needed. 

I am posting the questionnaire below just to give some ideas but really I like most anything - with the exception of peanuts/nuts of any kind- I am severely allergic :( 

My questionnaire:

Are you over 18? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): I like food too much, lol.
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : No candy please
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Gucci scents agree with me
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): sewing (I'm a rookie), reading, comics, gaming
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Sci-Fi / Fantasy, Comics, Graphic Novels
Favorite animal: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): these days I seem to only get to watch kid movies. But my favorite tv shows are: The Walking Dead, Supernatural, History Channel
Favorite Color : white
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: not really
Do you collect anything? Comics, Funko's, comic con stuff
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? I'm pretty content at the moment so I'm up for surprises
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Don't fret over what to get. I'm really laid back and enjoy humorous stuff.
Anything from your local area is great  

Questionnaire 1

Are you over 18? yes, since 1987! :P

Are you willing to ship internationally? yes

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): better don't ask

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : almost everything non dark chocolate

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): still no scent person

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): mugs with nice or funny motives

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): The Winds of Winter :P

Favorite animal: big dogs and horses (don't let my cats read this :leaving:

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Game of Thrones Season 2

Favorite Color : dark blue, lilac/mauve/purple, dark green

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: still The PetShopBoys, but I don't need anything in that direction at the moment.

Do you collect anything? as I said above... Mugs, I like them pint-sized or there about

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? a scarf (of cloth) would be nice, some rustic earrings (silver with maybe something black)

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I'd like to get a few smaller things instead of one big. Also, if you're sending from outside the Europian Union, please don't forget to write "gift" on the customs declaration!

Questionnaire 2

2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? see above

b. Type of candy? Anything chocolate...pecans and cashews in it rock. Peanuts and chocolate and caramel or something. But please don't just send a Snickers. :P I loved Ben's peanut-chocolate-cookies a lot :drool:

c. Type of munchie?

d. Puzzle to do?

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) No

4. What type of hobbies do you have? Reading. But please don't send books. I'm VERY picky when it comes to books.

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? cozy

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family...

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Drei Nüsse für Aschenbrödel (Three Nuts for Cinderella) It's tradition over here!

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ non-religious

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why: B, with A a close second. :biggrin:

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops

b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.

c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet

d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

11. What is your Christmas morning like" B

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. some platinum jewellery and a Porsche 911

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) Big, bigger, the biggest! 4XL or something. Certainly not less.

a. bedroom?

c. living room?

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc: no style really. I like old things, though.

Anything else your SS should know about you? I'd like to get something that's originally from your country. :)

There you go! :)

Hey folks!! Sorry for my long absence. And many many thanks to Bex for reminding me. *tips hat*  :kiss:

Questionnaire 1

Are you over 18? Yes!

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes!

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): North Indian/ Mexican (I'm a vegetarian)

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Chocolate of any sort!

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Something mild and .... blue

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Reading

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Any genre, as long as the book is interesting I'll read it.

Favorite animal: Apologies but none.

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Not much of a movie person

Favorite Color : Blue? White? Black? yes.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: None.

Do you collect anything? as I said above... Not really.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? No, you have full freedom to choose!! :D

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:  That I'm grateful regardless of what you send. :D

Questionnaire 2

c. Type of munchie?

d. Puzzle to do?

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? No

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?  Comfy and Warm.

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family...   Immediate family

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Don't have one.

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas     non-religious

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why -  At home. Among the options below, A.

11. What is your Christmas morning like -  B

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.  A BMW i8 :)

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) XL. I'd like to say it will be L by x'mas but I highly doubt it.

a. bedroom? Beige

b: kitchen? Blue

c. living room? Blue

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc: Not decorated, really.

Anything else your SS should know about you? I'd like to get something that's originally from your country. :) And some chocolate. ;)

Santa's have been assigned.  I am still waiting to get addresses on a couple of people.  If you have not received a giftee, please let me know.  Everyone should have an address by Friday.

Here is my response to both questionnaires.  Yippee!!!!  Can't hardly wait to start shopping.:wub:

Are you over 18? Yes.
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):  Asian and a really good steak.

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : All kinds of candy.  Dark chocolate, salted caramels, black licorice, and if I’m really lucky, you can find some dark chocolate covered black licorice.  Weirdly delicious!

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Fresh, crisp.  I’m especially fond of Jo Mallone fragrances – particularly Blackberry & Bay
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Knitting.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Mystery, literature, and of course fantasy.
Favorite animal: HUMMINGBIRDS and DRAGONFLIES, and I love seahorses! 

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): The great classics. Usually enjoy a good blockbuster.  Although one of my all-time favorites is Antonia’s Line – which I don’t own.
Favorite Color : Purple and Green
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: surprise me. World Beat music, anything by the eels, but I think I own them all already.

Do you collect anything? Not really.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need: ? Not really.

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I love surprises!

Questionnaire 2

a. Color? Purple and Green
b. Type of candy? Milk duds
c. Type of munchie? Cretor’s cheese corn – just the cheese, please

d. Puzzle to do? Logical puzzles and jigsaws and sudoku.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) Department 56 Dicken’s Village.  I have plenty of the houses, just adding accessories now.

4. What type of hobbies do you have? Reading, listening to music, cooking, writing, baking, knitting, traveling.
5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? 
Immediate family.
7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Love Actually, Elf and "Nightmare before Christmas".

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/
Religious Christian – Episcopalian or Catholic

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

Both A & B sound cool to me.  I’ll have to try them both, since I’ve never been away from home for the holidays (yet).

Classical

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

Mostly b, but a bit of all the others too.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.
100% pure kona coffee

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: women’s large

a. Bedroom?
Grey, sage, and white
red, white, black & grey
c. living room?
Neuteral colors
15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)
general american

Anything else your SS should know about you? Surprise me! 
J

have I ever mentioned how happy doing Secret Santa makes me?

I absolutely love trying to figure out what would make people happy.  I think one of the things I might really miss this year is sharing ideas with people who are at a loss of what to get their giftees.

I should truly set myself up as a personal shopper.  I could do all the buying and wrapping of gifts for people who need help (or can't be arsed to do it themselves) and just take a small % for myself.  If I lived in a big city, I just might do that! :P  Spending money would be an awesome job!  Spending other people's money would be even better!

Had a delivery today...which means I can finally start wrapping :D "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

Me too!

I am so excited.  I am almost there :P

Am I the only person who worries over every decision they make?  I mean, I decide something and I think "oh wow, this would be perfect" and then after the fact, I can't stop second guessing myself. *sigh*

Me too!

I am so excited.  I am almost there :P

Hidden Content

no, no you are not. In fact, i've already  refurned something i bought (to be fair, thats because i bought the wrong thing through carelessnes). Although this year i have at least refrained from excessively questioning of the host... :P :leaving: 

Archived