The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

Daryl was on his way to Alexandria but at some point he turned around and towards the end of episode 3, he is shown to have rejoined Sasha and Abraham.

Ah ok I missed that. So they're still just trying to lead the other half of the heard twenty miles out?

Thanks to the weird pacing his arc has been "wants to go and find more survivors. Rides a bike slowly for 2 episodes. Rides a bike fast for an episode. Drives alongside Abraham. Not exactly an arc but a flat-line. The creators are coasting on his popularity at this point.

It seems you have to be Rick or Morgan to get a story this season. Carol survives thanks to getting awesome moments but the rest are stuttering along.

yea, I said that wrong. Since the group has been in Alexandria, he just doesn't seem to be doing anything really. Its like his character has grown stale. It worries me for ol' Daryl. He's been one of my favorites from the beginning.

Well, Darryl got his air time tonight. 

At this point in the zombie apocalypse, why do people keep walking up to dead bodies without checking to see if they're zombies first?  The insulin girl was just stupid.  And Sasha not killing that zombie in the office building.  How are you supposed to sleep with that thing pounding at the glass wall 2 feet away.  And how are you supposed to hear any other trouble coming if you let that thing just keep making noise.  Not to mention, her brother was killed because he decided to ignore a zombie behind a closed door. 

I didn't record the Badlands show after TWD, so I didn't see the previews for next week...just the the 5 second clip showing Rick wiping at the blood coming through the wall.  (I don't remember since the threads go nuked...was it this one that someone was arguing it was just a shadow on the wall?)

I didn't record the Badlands show after TWD, so I didn't see the previews for next week...just the the 5 second clip showing Rick wiping at the

blood coming through the wall

.  (I don't remember since the threads go nuked...was it this one that someone was arguing it was just a shadow on the wall?)

Yeah, but IIRC there was a disagreement on whether the wall was coming apart or it was just the blood coming through.

So Glenn is alive then. Right? Walkie Talkie convo: "zombie growl followed by 'help'." Here I thought they'd wait until the season finale. I was so bored during this episode, I started playing Candy Crush. 

So Glenn is alive then. Right? Walkie Talkie convo: "zombie growl followed by 'help'." Here I thought they'd wait until the season finale. I was so bored during this episode, I started playing Candy Crush. 

I heard

that Norman Reedus(?) denied that it was Glenn talking on the radio at the end. Heard the name Morales thrown around -- is that the family that left in season 1? If so, that's crazy...

At this point in the zombie apocalypse, why do people keep walking up to dead bodies without checking to see if they're zombies first?  The insulin girl was just stupid.  And Sasha not killing that zombie in the office building.  How are you supposed to sleep with that thing pounding at the glass wall 2 feet away.  And how are you supposed to hear any other trouble coming if you let that thing just keep making noise.  Not to mention, her brother was killed because he decided to ignore a zombie behind a closed door. 

I think the problem was they couldn't really get to it. It was locked in what appeared to be a conference room with very thick glass. I suppose you could have tried to blow it open but that seems like a lot of effort for little gain.

The bit with the  insulin  annoyed me to  no end.

Me too. And I normally don't let things like that bother me, but there is no way a diabetic person would last that long into the ZA. 

Other than that, though, I enjoyed the episode. But, I enjoy most all of them.

Me too. And I normally don't let things like that bother me, but there is no way a diabetic person would last that long into the ZA. 

Other than that, though, I enjoyed the episode. But, I enjoy most all of them.

I  wouldn't  last long at all. Cleaning out a pharmacy  of insulin  is easy enough but the  lack of  food would  kill me  quick. I  actually  cringed  when they gave that young woman  a large dose of  insulin  like that. If anything  she might need something  to  boost her sugar  after being  on the  move. 

I  wouldn't  last long at all. Cleaning out a pharmacy  of insulin  is easy enough but the  lack of  food would  kill me  quick. I  actually  cringed  when they gave that young woman  a large dose of  insulin  like that. If anything  she might need something  to  boost her sugar  after being  on the  move. 

Doesn't insulin have a fairly short shelf life too? Like, considerably less than the two-plus years that have passed since the world went to crap on the show? Not to mention, the whole "needs to be refrigerated" thing.

Doesn't insulin have a fairly short shelf life too? Like, considerably less than the two-plus years that have passed since the world went to crap on the show? Not to mention, the whole "needs to be refrigerated" thing.

Shelf  life  is  a  bigger  issue  than  refrigeration.  It  isn't  kept  cold  in  the  hospital or pharmacy. And when  it is  in my  pump it is  warm.  

Yeah, that was just a really sloppy episode. The chase and gunfight logistics at the beginning made no sense, the insulin thing beggared belief, then the sheer idiocy of the diabetic girl bumbling right up to a couple of dead people (I mean come on, we all know dead people don't really die in this setting). Plus the switcheroo from the other two newcomers turning on Daryl at the end was just cheap and didn't feel right, especially after he'd gone way the hell out of his way to help them. But it turned out OK since they conveniently happened to leave a fuel truck out there in the woods for him to find (a massive WTF from me on that one). Apart from introducing this new "threat" and hinting at a dubious romantic pairing between Abraham and Sasha, it felt like this hour accomplished nothing whatsoever.

My cable and dvr crapped out last night so i'm not sure what i did manage to catch later was even the whole episode.  I liked some parts of it, but I couldn't help but wonder if the writers forgot that 2-ish years have passed.  A lot of the dialogue seemed to act as though it was still in the first six months post apocalypse.  The group Daryl ran into sounded like they were talking about having burned the forest down in the first few days of the zombie outbreak.  Though, perhaps I missed a big chunk?

I did like most of the Sasha and Abe stuff, though I'm sort of worried there will be relationship drama as I thought Rosita and Abe were sort of an item.  Or maybe that ended already?  

I guess there's no need to repeat all the ways this episode was dumb. My son was sure the voice at the end was Glenn. Why would anyone who was not part of the Zombie herding crew have a radio? Perhaps if it is a long lost family from season 1 they might have somehow stumbled onto a badly injured yet somehow miraculously not bitten Glenn, and so they respond on Glenn's radio?

Though there is still a good chance that even if it's Glenn's radio the people talking on in picked it up off Glenn's well eaten corpse.

I don;t know whether the reveal that Maggie is pregnant makes it more or less likely that Glenn is alive. On the one hand we have a baby without a father juxtaposed with Judith being a baby without a mother...quite how she has survived with no breast milk and very little infant formula is hard to fathom. At least with Maggie being alive her baby actually has a clean and reliable food supply. On the other hand we are very short on 2-parent families.

The reason Darryl's bike needed to be stolen was because it's hard to get 3 people onto a motorbike. And even harder to then get Glenn onto the motobike, or whoever it is that is talking on the radio.

I am liking the addition of a grenade launcher to the arsenal.

Archived