Patchface Prediction of Battle of Ice

Kevoncox

Unfortunately i also think Stannis the Mannis will die but it will be in the latter part of WOW or ASOIAF.

They really have no other option but to go their own way as they have ran out of material, but isn't there a "twist" for a major character coming maybe he will continue to live...

You say that but the show runners have access to the draft material from Winds and they have sat down with George and know the arcs of all major characters. While I expect the divergence to increase I do firmly believe next season of the show will by and large be the same arcs as Winds of Winter but with the finer detail differing.

In my eyes where the show ended Season 5 for Stannis still has enough wiggle room to be on the same track as the books, i.e. the pink letter maybe was true in that Stannis is defeated. Afterall the show cannot really do it the same way as in the books.  

I guess we will find out next year but it's my opinion at least.

You say that but the show runners have access to the draft material from Winds and they have sat down with George and know the arcs of all major characters. While I expect the divergence to increase I do firmly believe next season of the show will by and large be the same arcs as Winds of Winter but with the finer detail differing.

In my eyes where the show ended Season 5 for Stannis still has enough wiggle room to be on the same track as the books, i.e. the pink letter maybe was true in that Stannis is defeated. Afterall the show cannot really do it the same way as in the books.  

Wrong section to be discussing the show, but I'll just say that GRRM said the show had taken a different path from the books, that stuff in the show won't appear in the books and vice-versa; so we can say that the show is almost a 'fanfic' kind of story by now.

Agree let's not turn this into a show v books debate, I was only trying to offer a slant on the earlier statement which was clearly inaccurate.

For what it's worth I don't believe Stannis is making it out of Winds alive and I didn't before the last season of the show either.

I think we are all flogging a dead horse where the Show and Novels are concerned and i also agree this inst the place for this discussion, i was merely trying to point out they have a lack of Solid workable Material. You are perfectly correct they have drafts but they seem to be rather flexible at the moment. Knowing what will happen or may happen is good but it's the finer little things leading up to character decisions is what they lack. 

Really feel for Stannis, there was no real way he could have won this fight, i think most fans think he will be dying in Winds..

Archived