Something about Lysa Tully

purple-eyes

I never thought about Lysa in a positive light, but she is a very tragic character. Still the tragedies in her life maybe explain her craziness, but don't justify her actions. She killed her husband, starting a war, didn't help out her sister and wanted to kill Sansa. 

I am talking about when she was young as a maid. Brave for love without considering social status. 

I am not talking about her later life. 

Like Aerys, if he died before 20 years old, he would certainly be judged as a nice man and capable prince. 

I have never thought of that but I see Lysa as a tragic character which had to suffer because of her father and that is why I like her much more than I like Lyanna.

Lysa is not like Lyanna nor was the mad idiot brave she was stupid, selfish, disgusting, pathetic, weak and just horrible but not brave

Just like Lyanna. At least Lysa didn't eloped with a married man.

I don't think Lyanna would ever betray her family in the way Lysa did. 

Only she did. She did betrayed her family by eloping.

I am talking about when she was young as a maid. Brave for love without considering social status. 

I am not talking about her later life. 

Like Aerys, if he died before 20 years old, he would certainly be judged as a nice man and capable prince. 

Yeah, when she was young, I think she wasn't that crazy and if her life didn't go the way it went, she might have turned out just right. Though suppose she married Littlefinger instead of Jon Arryn, LF would still be the cruel schemer he is and might have still manipulated her into doing something that would end up causing chaos. But as it didn't happen that way, I think it's safe to say that Lysa has't always been the way she is now.

Only she did. She did betrayed her family by eloping.

Did she actively mislead them to start the war? Did she held back forces which could have helped them? Did she tried to kill their valuable political hostage?  Did she try to kill any of her nieces or nephews with her own hand? I don't think so. Aside of Lyanna conspiring to get Brandon to KL with intend to led him be killed it is not even comparable.

When we met lysa, she appeared to be an almost evil woman. 

She betrayed and murdered her husband, threatened sansa's life, and super jealous and also kind of weird. 

But when she was young, she was actually a brave and pretty girl. 

She loved LF deeply, followed her heart, and was willing to sleep with him although he is a much lower born boy. 

She is almost like a lyanna of riverrun. Brave for love and devoted to love. 

If she died during her childbirth or abortion, she would become a tragic and beautiful maid in people's memory just like Lyanna. 

But she survived and paid price using her rest of life. 

I hope LF would end very very badly because he took advantage of Lysa's true love and killed her in the end. 

By the way, lysa is a combination of lyanna and sansa. (Name)

She is as romantic and beautiful as sansa, also as brave and willful as lyanna. 

First and foremost I would like to know if you get paid for your posts. From what I read in ASOIAF she was in love with LF from a (?) young age. Yes, it appears that she conspired with LF to kill her husband. Yes,Lysa tried to push Sansa out the moon door. What may I ask is the question.

Is the question, that women in love sometimes do stupid shite? Yep.

If you would be so kind please provide me with a quote that she was a brave and pretty girl.

I don't think Lyanna would ever betray her family in the way Lysa did.

I really don't like Lysa Tully, but can't bring myself to hate her either.

She definitely received the short end of the stick, and in a way you could say her family betrayed her long before she did anything to them.  Hoster Tully forced her to abort the baby that she had conceived with someone she loved.  Losing a child in that manner can be horribly sad for some women; it certainly seems to be the case for Lysa.  Being denied a marriage to someone she cared for coupled with loss of the child, then being married off to an old man which she had trouble conceiving?  She was clearly very alone and felt that she couldn't trust anyone.  After all, if her own family wouldn't care about her, why would anyone else?  That sort of isolation would probably send most over the edge.   

Lyanna did indeed betray her family by running away.  She was needed for an incredibly important alliance and yet she abandoned that and her family.  Certainly there are more factors than her absence which prompted Robert's Rebellion, but  she was certainly one of the major catalysts of the events which transpired. 

I really don't like Lysa Tully, but can't bring myself to hate her either.

She definitely received the short end of the stick, and in a way you could say her family betrayed her long before she did anything to them.  Hoster Tully forced her to abort the baby that she had conceived with someone she loved.  Losing a child in that manner can be horribly sad for some women; it certainly seems to be the case for Lysa.  Being denied a marriage to someone she cared for coupled with loss of the child, then being married off to an old man which she had trouble conceiving?  She was clearly very alone and felt that she couldn't trust anyone.  After all, if her own family wouldn't care about her, why would anyone else?  That sort of isolation would probably send most over the edge.   

Lyanna did indeed betray her family by running away.  She was needed for an incredibly important alliance and yet she abandoned that and her family.  Certainly there are more factors than her absence which prompted Robert's Rebellion, but  she was certainly one of the major catalysts of the events which transpired. 

If you claim that Tully's betrayed Lysa first by the same logic Starks betrayed Lyanna too by arranging a marriage to an unworthy man she did not desire. 

Still, I never blamed Lysa for hating Hoster, though I can understand his angle too, but Edmure and Cat had nothing to do with what Hoster had done and they were her own siblings.

For all we know Lyanna did not run away with intent to hurt her family, Lysa actively plotted and participated in their demise, that is a world difference for me.

First and foremost I would like to know if you get paid for your posts. From what I read in ASOIAF she was in love with LF from a (?) young age. Yes, it appears that she conspired with LF to kill her husband. Yes,Lysa tried to push Sansa out the moon door. What may I ask is the question.

Is the question, that women in love sometimes do stupid shite? Yep.

If you would be so kind please provide me with a quote that she was a brave and pretty girl.

Can't provide the exact quote, but when Catelin goes to Eyrie and sees her, she thinks something along the lines that only her long hair has remained from her sister's previous beauty. I'm not so sure about her being brave. I think the OP bases their assumption on the fact that she slept with Petyr despite what the society and her father would think and wanted to marry him.

Did she actively mislead them to start the war? Did she held back forces which could have helped them? Did she tried to kill their valuable political hostage?  Did she try to kill any of her nieces or nephews with her own hand? I don't think so. Aside of Lyanna conspiring to get Brandon to KL with intend to led him be killed it is not even comparable.

She and Rhaegar created a chain of reactions which ended to a war.

Also there is absolutely no reason why Lysa should endanger her only child for someone who happens to have DNA similar to her own DNA. 

It's easy to judge Lysa for all she did in her about 20 years longer than Lyanna's life. 20 years full of disappointments, miscarriages, life with an old man who was big on his honour (unless it included some very earthly gains for him) and probably didn't stop judging her for her mistake.

I wonder what Lyanna woud have been like in 20 years if she lived to face the music for her romantic escapade. She wouldn't have been allowed to forget either. Instead, Lysa is judged for everything she did after she became unhinged in her later life while Lyanna is held as the shining beacon of all that is good, the same way Robert held her.

This said, I find nothing good and romantic in Lysa sleeping with Petyr as he thought she was Cat.

She and Rhaegar created a chain of reactions which ended to a war.

Also there is absolutely no reason why Lysa should endanger her only child for someone who happens to have DNA similar to her own DNA. 

So did the first of the first men when he decided to have children, Egg, when he forced Aerys and Rhaella to marry and so on.... Rhaegar and Lyannna 99% did not plan to hurt their families (well maybe aside of Aerys) and could not have predicted most of what happened. Which is a big difference to Lysa being Littlefinger's willing accomplice.

?  I did not write anything about Lysa joining Robb, I do not understand what this part of the post is supposed to react to.  Though using the same argument I can say that:

Also there is absolutely no reason why Lyanna should have sex with a man she is not attracted to for someone who happens to have DNA similar to her own DNA. 

Lysa is a victim of Westeros's patriarchy. She wouldn't be as fondly remembered as Lyanna given few people knew the circumstances surrounding her death while everyone would have known Lysa had the bastard of a lowly lord compared to the quite popular crown prince. 

Not sure if serious....

As it pertains to the story, I think Lysa was reluctant to let her child be fostered because of the abortion/miscarriage due to Hoster's insistence she drink the moon tea. Her child by LF died. She was overly protective of JA's child. A number of sources say the kid was to be fostered at Dragonstone. It would appear to me that Lysa was influenced by LF, because she loooooooooved him. But that has nothing what so ever to do with whether she was brave and beautiful girl.

If you claim that Tully's betrayed Lysa first by the same logic Starks betrayed Lyanna too by arranging a marriage to an unworthy man she did not desire.

Still, I never blamed Lysa for hating Hoster, though I can understand his angle too, but Edmure and Cat had nothing to do with what Hoster had done and they were her own siblings.

For all we know Lyanna did not run away with intent to hurt her family, Lysa actively plotted and participated in their demise, that is a world difference for me.

1) Robert? Unworthy? He was one of the greatest Lords in the realm.

2) Lysa isn't responsible for what happened to the Starks and the Tullys.

1) Robert? Unworthy? He was one of the greatest Lords in the realm.

2) Lysa isn't responsible for what happened to the Starks and the Tullys.

1) So was Jon Arryn!

2) Not solely, no. But she absolutely had the power to prevent it, both by calling the banners in defense of her family as she was technically obligated to do by custom, and by simply not telling Catelyn that the Lannisters had murdered Jon Arryn.

Rhaegar and Lyannna 99% did not plan to hurt their families (well maybe aside of Aerys) and could not have predicted most of what happened. 

Crazy Paranoid Powerful Daddy + Rash Thoughtless Brother = Success ???
If they couldn't predict this then i suppose their iq is the same as their shoe size

Neither Lysa nor Lyanna betrayed their families. Their fathers didn't give a damn about their daughters and married them to totally unsuitable husbands. A lifetime of getting raped is a horrible fate. Too bad, no one raped Rickard and Hoster.

Hoster Tully could have found some guy in Lysa's age range, if he cared about her, but he was fine with his daughter getting raped by a disgusting old man.

Tywin Lannister might not have known Robert B before he married Cersei to him (although he likely would arrange that marriage anyway), but Rickard didn't have that excuse. Ned grew up together with Robert and knew very well, that he would make a horrible husband, so I assume that Rickard knew it, too.

The one who betrayed his family by not marrying, whom he should, was Robb. Walder Frey has so many daughters and granddaughters and Robb could choose one, so he would neither have to marry a grandma nor an alcoholic slut with violent anger outbursts.

Archived