I'm In Love With A Moron

Jace, Extat

I don't know about America or what kind of chinese food you have, but Chinese food in the UK is great. We brits fucking love it over here ! :P 

Meh. I hate to say this, because i know how it sounds, but unless we're talking about a Sunday roast you guys wouldn't know good food if it hit you in the face with an axe. I had some Chinese in London in June, and it was properly gross, and at 10 Lb a meal, 50% more expensive than it is in the states. the only good Chinese food in the western world is found in China Towns, imho. 

Meh. I hate to say this, because i know how it sounds, but unless we're talking about a Sunday roast you guys wouldn't know good food if it hit you in the face with an axe. I had some Chinese in London in June, and it was properly gross, and at 10 Lb a meal, 50% more expensive than it is in the states. the only good Chinese food in the western world is found in China Towns, imho. 

If you ever find yourself in Jamaica on your travels, try the Chinese food. Might just change your mind. It's changed the minds of a few people I know anyway. 

ETA: Not before you try the local cuisine of course. 

I don't really agree at all, to be honest lol. Brits eat a lot of everything and I think that's pretty cool. We're just not fussy at all. 

I also think local british ingredients are pretty good quality food. Veg is great over here and I don't eat meat but if I did I would take something from a british farm over an american factory monstrosity any day...

I don't like big meat and gravy dishes, naturally - but love how we eat a bit of everything, indian and chinese and italian and greek...

I dunno....I don't really wanna get into an argument about food, food is quite important to countries and cultures, one of the most important and it's a bit rude to just insult a whole countries/cultures food...

dunno....I don't really wanna get into an argument about food, food is quite important to countries and cultures, one of the most important and it's a bit rude to just insult a whole countries/cultures food...

Yeah, or we can stop being so serious and offended all the time and trade light barbs. 

No offense intended re: the brits and their food. (but it's true) 

If you ever find yourself in Jamaica on your travels, try the Chinese food. Might just change your mind. It's changed the minds of a few people I know anyway. 

ETA: Not before you try the local cuisine of course. 

I shall, if i can bring myself to suffer the agony of (potentially) bad Chinese food ever again in my life =P 

you hate children and post useless relationship rants. maybe he should do the reconsidering

Why is her dislike of children an automatic reason for him to consider breaking the relationship off? You don't even know this guy. He might not want kids either.

This thread really did bring out some grossness in certain people. 

I dunno, my parents and I were pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of the food when we visited London in 2009. According  to them, it was a huge improvement from the 80s and even 90s when  they had visited before. However, I did eat at a Chinese restaurant in London, and that was definitely NOT among the good food we had while there, lol. 

One of the best meals I've ever had in my life was an Indian restaurant near Covent Garden. Actually, all of the food I had in England was pretty damn good. 

The food in Ireland on the other hand...most of that was not. And everyone got food poisoning from a pub we ate at. 

Why is her dislike of children an automatic reason for him to consider breaking the relationship off? You don't even know this guy. He might not want kids either.

How dare a womb-carrier refuses to use the God-given womb for its intended purpose of incubating human meat?!!

There are so, so many things that I love about the UK.  Among other things -  beautiful countryside, a great healthcare system, great public transport, and nobody in the world does a pub better than the Brits.  I lived in Scotland for a year that went by too fast and would live there again (or the UK in general) without a whole lot of hesitation if the right opportunity arose.  I even kind of don't mind the weather

With that said, the United States of America kicks y'alls asses in food.  :P  Not even close.  That doesn't mean there isn't good food in the UK, or even that most food there is objectively bad.  For example, te best Indian dish I've ever had, and perhaps one of my favorite meals of all time, was found in Glasgow.  

But, in general... no.  Just no.  I'm 100% confident that I could host a Brit (particularly a non-Londoner) who has never been to America and knock their god damn socks off with the food found in Austin, Texas, let alone in a place like San Francisco or New York.

I believe the word she used was hate, so, while I kind of assume this is false, (its the trendy thing to claim you hate kids these days) I, someone who loves kids, took offense.

I believe the word she used was hate, so, while I kind of assume this is false, (its the trendy thing to claim you hate kids these days) I, someone who loves kids, took offense.

I love kids too, but I didn't feel the need to take Jace's hatred of kids personally or consider her a poor relationship choice for her boyfriend. So this explanation for your strange assholishness rings a little false.

to be fair...I have never been to america and I like  food so would totally not be against an american hosting me and giving me food to prove a point about it being better than british food...because maybe they'd be right?? and then i'd have had a good meal so :P 

How dare a womb-carrier refuses to use the God-given womb for its intended purpose of incubating human meat?!!

this is what I meant with my earlier comment about certain people not acting the same way if genders were reversed...

maybe she misused the word, but I dont think anyone who "hates" kids is an ideal choice for another human being. like I said, its the trendy thing to say you hate kids so  most likely she will have around 6.

It's trendy to say you hate kids? Why do I get the feeling you have no fucking idea what is "trendy" and what is not?

Also, pro tip --  it's a stupid and dickish thing to say someone should be dumped by her boyfriend because she said she hated kids. Just stop digging this hole. Because it's making me think you have a whole lot of issues that you're kind of projecting on someone else's fairly innocuous post.

Archived