Tommen as Squire ? Other Potential Bride ?

redtree

“You do.” Lord Tywin rose as well. “A duty to House Lannister. You are the heir to
Casterly Rock. That is where you should be. Tommen should accompany you, as your
ward and squire. The Rock is where he’ll learn to be a Lannister, and I want him away
from his mother. I mean to find a new husband for Cersei. Oberyn Martell perhaps, once
I convince Lord Tyrell that the match does not threaten Highgarden. And it is past time
you were wed. The Tyrells are now insisting that Margaery be wed to Tommen, but if I
were to offer you instead—”

That was from Jaime's chapter in ASOS. Tommen is king yet Tywin planned to send him to be Jaime's squire and ward. He's a king of Westeros fgs, wouldn't it be a ill to know that the king serve as a squire ?
And why did he think that the Tyrell would agree for Margaery to just be Lady Lannister ? Did he think that there would be another suitable girl ?

I figured he would be a squire but not out on the battlefield. Keep him safe and teach him about being a knight and ruling a castle. Plus he may have been leary about Tommens safety in Kings Landing. Casterly Rock is supposedly impregnable. 

Knowing Tywin he probably wanted to keep his options open in case he needed to marry Tommen to someone else in the future. 

Plus that way Tywin could rule how he wanted until Tommen cane of age without Cersei trying to twist Tommen to do what she wants.

“You do.” Lord Tywin rose as well. “A duty to House Lannister. You are the heir to
Casterly Rock. That is where you should be. Tommen should accompany you, as your
ward and squire. The Rock is where he’ll learn to be a Lannister, and I want him away
from his mother. I mean to find a new husband for Cersei. Oberyn Martell perhaps, once
I convince Lord Tyrell that the match does not threaten Highgarden. And it is past time
you were wed. The Tyrells are now insisting that Margaery be wed to Tommen, but if I
were to offer you instead—”

That was from Jaime's chapter in ASOS. Tommen is king yet Tywin planned to send him to be Jaime's squire and ward. He's a king of Westeros fgs, wouldn't it be a ill to know that the king serve as a squire ?
And why did he think that the Tyrell would agree for Margaery to just be Lady Lannister ? Did he think that there would be another suitable girl ?

Being a squire is part of an expected, lordly education. It would be as Jaime's squire that he would be expected to learn military matters and courtly etiquette. He may be the king, but he's also just a little kid.  Nothing terribly distressing about the juvenile king being attached as a quire to his uncle, a celebrated warrior. 

Margaery is a poltical problem, don't forget - jher family has shopped her around to whoever they thought was on the Iron Throne: they tried to entice Robert into setting Cersei aside for her, they married her to Renly and then they threw her at Joffrey - Book Margaery iis probably not as cunning and venal as show Maragery, but even still, it is a little unseemly that this young woman, who may or may not be a virgin, as being thrown at Tommen in such a nakedly political and acquisitive  way. 

Sending Tommen to Casterly Rock would've made a certain amount of sense had Joffrey not died. But removing the King from the capital when his heritage is in doubt and there are still opposing claimants just undermines him.

Either way he would benefit from being squired to someone. Had Cersei not been desperate to undermine the Tyrells, Loras actually would've been a good fit.

Sending Tommen to Casterly Rock would've made a certain amount of sense had Joffrey not died. But removing the King from the capital when his heritage is in doubt and there are still opposing claimants just undermines him.

Either way he would benefit from being squired to someone. Had Cersei not been desperate to undermine the Tyrells, Loras actually would've been a good fit.

Exactly. That part was so, "Go home, Tywin, you're drunk"

The king belongs on the Iron Throne, that's like ruling 101. An empty throne invites rebellion, even if Tywin or (god forbid) Cersei acts as placeholder for Tommen. I'm surprised Tywin would even consider this, since he showed a keen understanding of the importance of displays of power and image through the series. 

Archived