Awesome. Awesome to the max.

all swedes are racist

13 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

I finally got one of these newfangled contraptions called smartphones.

Did you make this post on the smartphone? You are not using a smartphone properly until you are using it to post to this board, it is known.

*says the person who only got one of these contraptions about two months ago and was not sure she wanted to keep it at first*

Performance review in work; outstanding performance hell yeah! I mean it's retail and something I don't want to be doing forever but I have a good wrk ethic and when I'm in work I try to do my absolute best and I'm super helpful and friendly and it's just nice that this is being totally noticed and appreciated :D:D my boss even told me if I was doing more hours I would be the type of person he would want to promote but I'm okay thanks lmao I'm good being a sales assistant for the time being whilst I study and volunteer on the side :D:D 

• 7 months later...

As a teen and young adult, one thing that used to frustrate and depress me was the idea that there was a something like 99.99999999999% chance I'd live my life never knowing if humanity was alone in the universe or not. It wasn't a major issue, just something that festered in my mind in a small way.

Then some time in the last ten years I've had an epiphany: Humanity is so far from being alone in the universe it's ridiculous.

I woke up this morning feeling crap. Physically exhausted, emotionally drained and unmotivated, non-specifically angry and just thoroughly in no mood to deal with the world.

Now I'm sitting at home and just feeling good. I got assigned to a really cool new project at work. I'm looking forward to a fun weekend away and right now I'm merrily getting fat on camembert, cornish blue cheese and wine. Sometimes things just do a random 180.

I think things are going OK.  I made a family meal on Friday,  had two good days in work over the weekend and my driving lesson went well last week and I'm about to go into the museum I volunteer (and sometimes work at) and the weather is nice 

i have absolutely no money and am going to completely run out before the month is through but what can you do lol it is what it is

I just discovered there is a little train station i never knew about right next to where i work, where i can get a direct train home from after night shift. Previously i had to cycle like a lunatic in the freezing cold just to make the later train, which then stopped halfway for a change of 15 minutes, and the waiting room is never open even in winter.

10 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

New Orleans just elected their first female mayor out of two WoC who were both over-qualified for the job.  The campaign was so nasty I actually switched my vote several times.

Interesting times.  

Yes, I'm crying.

That is super fucking exciting!

Just finished a draft to propose a paper on detective stories and family mysteries in A Song of Ice and Fire for a symposium next year. I haven't felt this excited about research in years! And the best part is, if my proposal does get accepted, writing the paper will be a piece of cake thanks to this forum. This would be so much fun. Wish me luck guys, and thanks to everyone here ( @Ran first and foremost) for making this kind of thing possible!

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I recorded the first episode of a podcast lol in case anyone wants to hear it!! About Celtic myths and legends

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-257315061/episode-1-introductions-cornish-pixie

That was so lovely and awesome!!!  

I've never studied Celtic myth although I've always found it interesting as it seems to be so unlike other myths and legends.  Things like pixies (piskies!!) seem entirely unique, though that might just be my general ignorance about things speaking.  

Looking forward to hearing more.  Please do share when you have the next episode up.

Archived