Awesome. Awesome to the max.

all swedes are racist

:D Just got to NOT go in again two hours late, no makeup and unpolished doc martens LMAO. I was so not prepared. I don't know why she liked me so much LOL. I was like super excited and nerdy about the museum and the exhibits and I think that endeared her. 

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

:D Just got to NOT go in again two hours late, no makeup and unpolished doc martens LMAO. I was so not prepared. I don't know why she liked me so much LOL. I was like super excited and nerdy about the museum and the exhibits and I think that endeared her. 

I'm sure it did :) They do t want someone who is only in it for the money (though I guess as a volunteer that is less of an issue) and being genuinely enthusiastic for a job (as opposed to "I would love to work in retail because I take great pleasure in helping others and delivering a satisfying customer experience :ack: ) is always going to help.

Is it a big museum? Because I'm currently imagining you touring school kids around the Natural History museum, or the V&A :P 

First day volunteering at the museum. SO happy with how it went. Lovely people, lovely museum. So excited about this oppurtunity. Not only is it super fun and educational but also is gonna give me some great contacts and potential references for when I go back to University to do my MA in Museum studies. 

First day volunteering at the museum. SO happy with how it went. Lovely people, lovely museum. So excited about this oppurtunity. Not only is it super fun and educational but also is gonna give me some great contacts and potential references for when I go back to University to do my MA in Museum studies. 

• 2 weeks later...

Proud Dad moment. 

My daughter who is Kindergarten, read Guess How Much I Love You to me all by herself. It took her a few, but she sounded out every word and did it all by herself. She has read small books before, but this one is tougher with bigger, harder words. Proudest moment yet as a father. :)

21 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

I've never had a proper telephone interview before, let alone one in German, but they offered me the job I was applying for so it can't have been that bad. Either that or they're desperate. :P

Gratuliere! :-D Where (I mean the area) will you be working?

7 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Danke schön! :) Not far from Munich with this job, but I need to consider all my options before I accept.

I live near Regensburg, one hour north of Munich, and can say it's a great area to live in...if that helps.  Munich is expensive for rent, but a great city for just about everything else, and the suburbs are the same: high rent, but very little crime (I don't have to lock my car at night, even though it is parked directly on the street). Income is generally a bit higher than the rest of the country to counteract the prices.  Good eating (avoid the tourist traps like Hofbräuhaus!), even an English movie theater with the newest films ( http://www.cinema-muenchen.com/ ), and lots of Americans, Brits and Aussies.  If you have questions I'd be glad to help.

2 hours ago, CBeck113 said:

I live near Regensburg, one hour north of Munich, and can say it's a great area to live in...if that helps.  Munich is expensive for rent, but a great city for just about everything else, and the suburbs are the same: high rent, but very little crime (I don't have to lock my car at night, even though it is parked directly on the street). Income is generally a bit higher than the rest of the country to counteract the prices.  Good eating (avoid the tourist traps like Hofbräuhaus!), even an English movie theater with the newest films ( http://www.cinema-muenchen.com/ ), and lots of Americans, Brits and Aussies.  If you have questions I'd be glad to help.

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to ask if I have any questions. :)

• 4 weeks later...

i'm way more mentally healthy than i have been in a long time and I think i'm genuinely learning to just be chill and like myself and I'm definitely maturing and mellowing out in a lot of the ways I think about things. This is pretty awesome...I haven't had a depressive episode in ages...like...a month or two...great stuff. even my best friend says she's noticed i'm differently lately. i realised all my major depressive episodes were partly by CHOICE. i made a choice to drink, i made a choice to spend my time wallowing about my appearence and insulting myself. well - no more! whenever a voice says ''ur ugly lol'' a stronger voice is now saying ''yo man, relax. im 22 im not looking for a mate to reproduce with, i dont need to impress anyone so chill out mate'' ''no one likes you'' ''ummm....how could they NOT ? im p cool thanks'' 

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

i'm way more mentally healthy than i have been in a long time and I think i'm genuinely learning to just be chill and like myself and I'm definitely maturing and mellowing out in a lot of the ways I think about things. This is pretty awesome...I haven't had a depressive episode in ages...like...a month or two...great stuff. even my best friend says she's noticed i'm differently lately. i realised all my major depressive episodes were partly by CHOICE. i made a choice to drink, i made a choice to spend my time wallowing about my appearence and insulting myself. well - no more! whenever a voice says ''ur ugly lol'' a stronger voice is now saying ''yo man, relax. im 22 im not looking for a mate to reproduce with, i dont need to impress anyone so chill out mate'' ''no one likes you'' ''ummm....how could they NOT ? im p cool thanks'' 

This post makes me very happy :):grouphug: 

17 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I was so close to asking you how are doing because I've noticed a change recently.  I feel like we're seeing the unshadowed Theda, the 'real' Theda.  (not that your depression isn't 'real').  You're such a jokester!  I love it!  So glad you are doing well.  

Archived