Awesome. Awesome to the max.

all swedes are racist

Keeping the job trend going - I got an email about mine a few days ago :) ( What is the protocol regarding emoticons? Does one put a period at the end of them and begin a new sentence? :). ( that just looks odd though) These are the questions that haunt me!) 

I've got a medical scheduled for Sunday. Bit nervous about that, but if that goes okay, I start on the 3rd of July! 

I also got a new, totally awesome job, and today I saw my first pay voucher and I'm smiling :).

I officially started the 1st of this month, and so far it has been pretty great. (this is the job I really wanted that I turned down the other job just so I could have a chance at this one -- from the career chat thread which is now closed. I have been working for this team for 11 months now, so it is not really just the "newlywed" effect that I am loving it)

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

for some reason replacing instances of "BEHOLD" in the bible with variations of "listen buddy" make me crack up

http://the-toast.net/2016/06/06/bible-verses-where-behold-has-been-replaced-with-look-buddy/

That is funny!  It would also work quite well with "Look here" which is basically a direct synonym or whatever for "Behold" (but that's not quite as humorous).  Also, "Hark" is another one that should be replaced with variations of "Listen, buddy":P

• 2 weeks later...

I made blackberry jam today.  I have 9 pint jars of beautiful, tasty jam.  I am so dang proud of myself...it's the first time I've ever made it.  Yay, me!!!

Full disclosure:  My mother walked me through it.  She was bossy but she knows her stuff, so I paid attention.  Yay, Mom!!! :D

On Wednesday, July 06, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Elder Sister said:

I made blackberry jam today.  I have 9 pint jars of beautiful, tasty jam.  I am so dang proud of myself...it's the first time I've ever made it.  Yay, me!!!

Full disclosure:  My mother walked me through it.  She was bossy but she knows her stuff, so I paid attention.  Yay, Mom!!! :D

I make black currant jam every summer. It is the highlight of my winter when the snow flies. Ginger marmalade is also on my list when I get some fresh and hot ginger. Gotta love home made jam.

12 hours ago, maarsen said:

I make black currant jam every summer. It is the highlight of my winter when the snow flies. Ginger marmalade is also on my list when I get some fresh and hot ginger. Gotta love home made jam.

I've got tons of blueberries...that's next on my list after my next batch of blackberry jam.  I'm so happy I learned how to make jam!

Archived