Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leap

What are you listening to? Vol. XXI - Soothe Me

Last thread is at 20 pages, so what are you listening to in December?

Sam and Dave - Soothe Me

Colin Hay - Storm in my Heart

The Beatles - Octopus's Garden

Also looking for this Bowie song that I heard in the pub the other night, I know I recognise the tune but I can't for the life of me find the song. 

Remember any of the lyrics? Even a few words??? 

Remember any of the lyrics? Even a few words??? 

Nothing. My mind's a little fuzzy on the details for reasons unexplainable, but it was probably one of his better known songs if I recognised it. It's also not from any of the albums between The Man Who Sold the World and Young Americans, which I realise is still of very little help. If I find it I'll post though. I love this sort of challenge and an excuse (as if it was needed) to listen to his albums on youtube all day.

Been loving this jazzy Ipad advertisement so I had to see who was behind the music. http://youtu.be/PlSSMt1MZE0

^^^ Thats Alabamba Shakes the piece is called " Sound and Color". I thought for sure they had some xylophone (ala Roy Ayers) going on, but in this live set all I could make out was keyboards?

Okay just found this confirming that's the xylophone i'm hearing love it!

Alabama Shakes compose a masterpiece in “Sound & Color” — The ...

www.stmaryscollegian.com/alabama-shakes-compose-a-masterpiece-in-sou...

Apr 21, 2015 - The only thing I don't like about “Sound & Color” is that it has an ending. ... The opening track, titled “Sound & Color,” begins with a xylophone—yes, ... Shakes' mastery in person is incomparable, a spiritual experience that does not ... You may usethese HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr ...

Such an underused art imo.

Really digging Susanne Sunfor's Ten Love Songs...great album, very spooky and 80s and catchy. 

Also like the single from the new coldplay album, it's nice and pleasant. 

Lettuce just came out with a new album, always a good way to get the blood flowing:

Just got back from seeing acdc live. To call those guys legends doesnt seem quite enough, ears are still ringing what an awesome performance. The hives were also very good as the support act

Gazpacho - "Choir of Ancestors"

Really digging the new album, maybe even more than Demon. Might even make my top ten of the year at this rate.

Last week or so has been a mash up of various 70s/80s tunes and I regret none of that, but right now I'm listening to Iwan Rheon's Dinard, which is so far a good, relaxing album. 

Like Leap, I'm also listening to "Dinard" once more.

Iwan kills it with "Diaries" every time. Like this track so much. :wub: