Would you prefer if Rhaegar won?

Sunandspear

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 1:24 PM, King of the Narrow Sea said:

You can't call Robert a shit king for having known about problems in the realm and not taking care of them, when Rhaegar let his mad and ineffective father rule for years because he just never got around to making the changes that he knew needed to be done and that "oh well let's not talk about that, I'll finally do it when I get back" (and he'd known since Duskendale that he had Tywin's support to be king over Aerys so things go back way further than Harrenhal)

Rhaegar was just as lazy and ineffective as Aerys and Robert.

Rhaegar was far worse . Aerys may have been insane , while Robert was aware of his short comings allowed others to rule in his stead unchecked . Rhaegar was aware of the problems and did nothing until his own actions brought forth a rebellion .

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 1:32 PM, Sunandspear said:

Rhaegar's victory would probably be better for the realm, as I believe he'd be a more capable king than Robert and he'd keep Littlefinger and Varys and maybe even Tywin away from (too much) power. So if I lived in Westeros, I'd want Rhaegar to win. But the story we'd have wouldn't be as exciting as it is now. There probably wouldn't be a a war of the 5 kings, Jon wouldn't go to the Wall, Dany wouldn't be an important character and there wouldn't be any dragons. So as a reader I like it the way it is.

What about you?

Rhaegar was dumb as a box of rocks .

Archived