Upcoming Cover Art VII

AncalagonTheBlack

6 hours ago, beniowa said:

This one looks like the artist was watching too many Mad Max movies. 

I admit that when they switched to that cover style I didn't like them, but as I was setting up my bookshelves at my new place on Sunday I wished that all of the Sandman Slim books were in that style.  I was quite shocked at how much it had grown on me.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:12 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

I admit that when they switched to that cover style I didn't like them, but as I was setting up my bookshelves at my new place on Sunday I wished that all of the Sandman Slim books were in that style.  I was quite shocked at how much it had grown on me.

Fair enough.  :) I do have the first book sitting around...somewhere.  I'll probably be giving a try at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jussi said:

The Bones of the Earth by Rachel Dunne.

The Ninth Rain by Jen Williams.

Dutch cover art for Assassin's Fate by Robin Hobb.

The Bones of the Earth cover looks like a Peter Pan actress in costume being allowed to show that she has breasts.

Assassin's Fate cover is horribly blah.

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

The Bones of the Earth cover looks like a Peter Pan actress in costume being allowed to show that she has breasts.

Anxiously awaiting the covers in the style I like (These ones)

although I don't find the US cover as awful as I usually do (actually I rather like this one):

http://i.imgur.com/u7kOL1p.jpg 

17 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

They are actually my favorite Hobb covers. Not as nice when John Howe designed the Dutch covers though, but they have maintained the same style since he stopped doing them.

I like the UK covers by Jackie Morris as well, and the US covers for this new series by Del Rey are good as well.

Archived