Do People Buy Stannis's Word About Cersei's Bastards ?

redtree

Lannister has shit reputation anyway so people bias against them and might tend to believe the negative rumo

This pretty much sums it up. 

Whether or not someone believes this depends on whether they are for or against The Lannisters.

If you ask an enemy of The Lannisters (like A Stark, A Baratheon, A Tully, or A Martell), they'll tell you they believe it "because that sounds like something those scheming Lannister fucks would do!".

If you ask an ally of The Lannisters (like a Tully or a Crownlander), they'll tell you they take Cersei's word for it. 

Some do, some don't. North, Riverlands and Stannis supporters probably believed it more than others. Westernlands are probably too scared to believe it. 

Why would they be more scared of their overlord than the Starks would be? Harrys Swift was brave enough to call Jaime a fool in the presence of Tywin without any known consequences for Swyft.

Why would they be more scared of their overlord than the Starks would be? Harrys Swift was brave enough to call Jaime a fool in the presence of Tywin without any known consequences for Swyft.

Because Tywin is a lot harsher than Ned or Robb? Can you imagine lords saying that Tommen and Joff are bastards of Cersei and Jaime while in presence of Tywin? I can imagine someone in presence of Starks saying they are not.

Because Tywin is a lot harsher than Ned or Robb? Can you imagine lords saying that Tommen and Joff are bastards of Cersei and Jaime while in presence of Tywin? I can imagine someone in presence of Starks saying they are not.

Ned scared his own wife Catelyn into submission so she didn't investigate on Jon's parentage.

Tywin wasn't much harsher. Ned scared his wife when she spoke words that displeased him and Robb allowed his men to pillage and reave across the Westerlands and put a man like Roose Bolton in an important position, not to mention that when a bannermen defied Robb, Robb took his head off.

Of course people won't be allowed his grandchildren to be called bastards. Do you think that Robb would have accepted anyone to tell him in his face that his father was a treasonous scumbag who had his just reward when Joffrey took off his head? Of course not. No lord worth his salt will accept grevious insults or humiliations of his House unless there is literally no way to fight back. The Lannisters and Starks reacted with violence when one of theirs was captured to be held accountable for a crime, and likewise did the Freys and Karstarks react with wroth when their lord was either executed or greviously unsulted. That's how a society based on honor works. You can't accept attacks on your honor if you want to be respected or taken seriously.

Ned scared his own wife Catelyn into submission so she didn't investigate on Jon's parentage.

And? We all know how Ned acts about Jon. It's also besides point, dose anyone dare say Cersei and Jamie are having sex with each other around Tywin? While saying they are not ,around Ned or Robb wouldn't get you in trouble, or you would be verbally warned or something

It's not, you wanted to contrast a Stark's reaction with a Lannister's even though they are probably quite similiar.

I wanted to compare their reactions on this subject, as I already explained to LionoftheWest. It's obvious Tywin would be harsher if you mention Jaime + Cersei, neither Ned nor Rob would be as harsh if you say they are not together, really simple.

I wanted to compare their reactions on this subject, as I already explained to LionoftheWest. It's obvious Tywin would be harsher if you mention Jaime + Cersei, neither Ned nor Rob would be as harsh if you say they are not together, really simple.

Except that's not really any good at all since it has different meanings for them. If you want to see how they react in a similar situation, and thereby see the difference between them, you can look at how they reacted when Eddard and Tyrion were captured to be held accountable for crimes. Both reacted with summoning their armies.

Except that's not really any good at all since it has different meanings for them. If you want to see how they react in a similar situation, and thereby see the difference between them, you can look at how they reacted when Eddard and Tyrion were captured to be held accountable for crimes. Both reacted with summoning their armies.

But we are not talking about other situations, we are talking about this one. 

Archived