Football: The Lame Duck

AncalagonTheBlack

Continue chaps!

Jesus wept.

Who was predicting six wins on the trot for us?

I was.:(

Sturridge has suffered a hamstring injury and is expected to miss several weeks. Blimey.

Dany has spent 1069 days with LFC and been injured for more than half of that time.

For FFS,not again :angry:.This is just too much.We need to sell him and get someone reliable!

Given the situation and the injuries, one of the better matches I've seen us play this year.

Totally agree. Beforehand, I gave us no real chance of getting the job done, but we were great tonight. One of our best ever European performances.

And yeah, Campbell was awesome. He gets better with every game, and is perhaps finally showing the fans why Wenger never gave up on him. Seems like a good lad and I'm delighted for him.

And fuck yeah! 3-0 to the Arsenal! Hopefully the squad will be in better shape come February and we can have a little crack at European glory. COYG!

ETA: Someone just posted this in the comments on the Guardian match report:

"Zeus,Poseidon,Leonidas,Athena,Demeter,Hades, Ulysses,your boys took a hell of a beating."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

United's squad is pretty strong for the PL, if the manager would get out of his own way.  Carrick + Scheini is too old/slow and Rooney's a passenger (I can enjoy it because Liverpool carried Gerrard for so long).

But Martial, Depay, Herrera and Mata is quality front four if you have Schneiderlin plus another holding the midfield.  Then Young, Valencia, Lingard, Wilson all provide reasonable depth.  The defense is pretty solid and the keeper is great.  The players are there if LVG would let them play.  You could certainly stand to add a Suarez-type to galvanize the whole thing and raise the overall quality of the attack, but Bale is much more likely.

Well, he's never playing Herrera-Mata-Depay-Martial as the front 4 though.

And there's questions about that as a front 4 as well, not so sure that works.

And then "well past his prime" Rooney is coming back. It's all very muddled still, what is the best line-up, is there even a good line-up or is it simply too sub-par? Is it the system LvG has them playing?

Some guys have been good, Darmian, Blind, Smalling, De Gea. Sweinsteiger has been a disappointment as I thought he would be, he's been injured for years and looked sluggish at Bayern already, Herrera simply doesn't seem to play even if he has good flashes when he does play. Schneiderlin's been solid. But the whole frontline has been disappointing. Even Mata has not been able to show why he should be a consistent starter. Martial is only playing because we don't actually have a good striker. Depay has obviously struggled badly.

Totally agree. Beforehand, I gave us no real chance of getting the job done, but we were great tonight. One of our best ever European performances.

And yeah, Campbell was awesome. He gets better with every game, and is perhaps finally showing the fans why Wenger never gave up on him. Seems like a good lad and I'm delighted for him.

And fuck yeah! 3-0 to the Arsenal! Hopefully the squad will be in better shape come February and we can have a little crack at European glory. COYG!

ETA: Someone just posted this in the comments on the Guardian match report:

"Zeus,Poseidon,Leonidas,Athena,Demeter,Hades, Ulysses,your boys took a hell of a beating."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A few things over the next few months I'll be interested in.

• Is Giroud and Walcott going to start more games together or will they rotate going forward?
  • Will Ramsey re-claim his CM role? I thought his positioning was better yesterday than it has been recently and I'd love to see him regain his form now that he's given another run there
  • Will Campbell continue to grow as a player and play over Chamberlain who seems to be relegated to the bench even with so many injuries?
  • WILL WE BUY A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER IN JANUARY?

A few things over the next few months I'll be interested in.

• Is Giroud and Walcott going to start more games together or will they rotate going forward?
  • Will Ramsey re-claim his CM role? I thought his positioning was better yesterday than it has been recently and I'd love to see him regain his form now that he's given another run there
  • Will Campbell continue to grow as a player and play over Chamberlain who seems to be relegated to the bench even with so many injuries?
  • WILL WE BUY A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER IN JANUARY?
  • Difficult to say. I mean, Theo gets enough goals from wide right, so playing him alongside Giroud as often as possible would appear to make sense. Then again, Giroud needs resting more than the average player. Judging by our teamsheets before everyone got crockled, Wenger appeared to favour an 'either or' approach.
  • If Ramsey can get his form back to anything like it was two seasons ago, he'll certainly give Wenger a bit of a dilemma when Santi returns from injury. Until then, he's got  that midfield slot locked down. Let's hope he makes the best of the opportunity.
  • If Campbell keeps playing, there's no reason why he won't get better and better. He looked top class last night. That little drag back for Giroud's second goal was absolutely sublime. Poor Ox.
  • I think we all know the answer to that question.

Roberto was talking about this period (before New Year) would define our season. Well, the last three games we've pissed away six points. So there we have it: "Everton: snatching draws from the jaws of victory".

Congratulations, Roberto. Hope you're happy.

Archived