Football: The Lame Duck

AncalagonTheBlack

All the more ridiculous because you have some very good actual defenders.

I'm resigned to the fact that his inability to organize defenders, and his inability to recognize this fact, means he'll never be more than a mediocre manager.

Is the problem organising the defense, or getting the attack/defense balance right though?

It is, I think, a question of balance. But more importantly to me, when I've calmed down a bit, is our continued inability to attack and defend set pieces. It is entirely too easy to score when we defend a corner.

Also, there remains a problem of holding the ball too long in defence. We want to play our way out, with our backs standing high. And then Barry/McCarthy/Stones/Funes Mori just loses it, or receives a bad pass, leading to a short counter. Happens just about every game. 

I missed all the games today and only just saw the results. Our week has gone from bad to worse. I expect there will be a backlash from the fans as the style of play that LVG has implemented has not gone down well but was grudgingly accepted as long as we were grinding out results. Given the events of this week, the pressure will be mounting on LVG and I'm sure he will face quite a bit of criticism as well. All of our injuries are not going to help his cause either.

Well done to Bournemouth. Back-to-back wins over Chelsea and United - their fans must be in dreamland.

I still remember Vidic doing the same thing against Germany in World Cup in South Africa.

Or Dudic doing it TWICE against Ivory Coast in World Cup in Germany.

It never makes sense, there is never a reason for it, and you always get so annoyed when you see it.

Archived