Football: The Lame Duck

AncalagonTheBlack

Although I keep saying Leicester will drop off eventually, it would be something really special if they go on to win the title.  No better year for it.  Their timing is even better than when Liverpool peaked just as United slumped.  Probably the biggest risk to Leicester is if teams start to sit deep against them like any of the "big" clubs.

This is insane. Chelsea have lost 9 league games from 16. That's three times as many as they lost in the entire season last year, and we're not even halfway through. Only Sunderland and Villa have lost more. All three promoted teams have lost fewer league games than the reigning champions.

This is insane. Chelsea have lost 9 league games from 16. That's three times as many as they lost in the entire season last year, and we're not even halfway through. Only Sunderland and Villa have lost more. All three promoted teams have lost fewer league games than the reigning champions.

It feels good, doesn't it?

I'm predicting Chelsea put a stop to their decline tonight and beat Leicester.

Just a hunch.

Nope,they've dug themselves even deeper! :D

Great win by Leicester.Of course the real question is how long can they maintain this ? Also,can they keep Vardy and Mahrez ? Surely offers for them will be made in the Jan transfer window.

Just saw the Champions league draw: Arsenal vs Barcelona.My condolences to the Arse fans.:P

Not insane. Very very awesome.

Just saw the Chelsea result and was hoping to read abt Mourinho sacking. Seriously, how much longer will he be tolerated by Chelsea?

This year, the PL has been really very unpredictable and its been great fun to watch.

I think the 2 main obstacles to just canning him now are 1)Something like a £20 mil payout if they sack him before the mid season transfer window and 2) Not wanting to just throw a new coach in during the busiest part of the season.

They probably should have bitten the bullet on the payout and got rid of him a few weeks back but are now fell inclined to keep him on, in the hope he manages to eek out some points during Christmas. 

The question is if Leicester will keep those players during the January window.

They might. I think there's a case to be made that Vardy and Mahrez are performing as well as they are *because* they are on such a tight-knit team and might not be so exceptional if for instance United bought Vardy in January.

But of course we do not know this, he might be exceptional on other teams as well. But I think teams will still be a bit wary of this in offering huge sums for these two guys. And it would be great to see if Leicester can sustain it somewhat with the squad intact.

But another loss for Chelsea, it is staggering, we are approaching the half way point and they are in the relegation zone still. It's not like we're 7 games in and they just had a bad start. And you look at that line-up last night and with the exception of an injured Hazard, that was a full-strength Chelsea side. And they deserved to lose.

I see that Mourinho and Van Gaal are heading the Sack Race betting market, with odds of 5/6 and 13/8 respectively. Can't see United ditching Louis, but Jose's got to be close to getting the bullet now.

Totally fine with Leicester going back on top last night, just because it heaps more misery and pressure on Mourinho. You can probably trace everything, their league position, the woeful form, and the dressing room unrest, all the way back to his treatment of Eva Carneiro on the first day of the season. I'm amazed that he hasn't been sacked yet.

Archived