Best food in Westeros

Maester Mando

</snip>I'd say Dorne, or wherever Tyrion's cook lives now.

Alas, poor Morrec...

"We lost three men in the first attack, and two more in the second, and Lannister’s serving man died of a fever when his wounds festered."(AGoT, Ch.34 Catelyn VI)

one of the three that died in the first attack was Tyrion's other servant, Jyck. But Morrec was his cook, last seen purloining a bow and manfully using it against the mountain clans.

Tyrion confirms, when he returns from the Eyrie to the Inn at the Crossroads, that "Morrec and Jyck were killed.”(GoT, Ch.56 Tyrion VII).

The chefs of Meereen impress me. In spite of the inhospitable climate and the massive trade embargo/lack of trade, they still manage to put together a feast fit for a queen, for the envoys from Yunkai and Dorne, and Daenarys seems to be very constantly supplied with the simple but tasty snacks that suit her tastes. Plus they have confectioners, that are also still in business. Whatever else the Meerenese culture consists of, they clearly take their food seriously.

Alas, poor Morrec...

"We lost three men in the first attack, and two more in the second, and Lannister’s serving man died of a fever when his wounds festered."(AGoT, Ch.34 Catelyn VI)

one of the three that died in the first attack was Tyrion's other servant, Jyck. But Morrec was his cook, last seen purloining a bow and manfully using it against the mountain clans.

Tyrion confirms, when he returns from the Eyrie to the Inn at the Crossroads, that "Morrec and Jyck were killed.”(GoT, Ch.56 Tyrion VII).

I meant the woman who cooked for him when he was hand.

I'd say Dorne. It's based on Moorish Spain and I have yet to encounter any type of mediterranean cooking I don't like. Lot's of tasty fish and think of all those juicy, sun-ripened fruit they'd have there:wub: 

The North

Ew, judging from real life cold countries in Europe it's probably overly greasy, meat/sausage and stew based, all with less taste than a boiled shoe. Unless it's winter, then it most likely is a boiled shoe.

Unless it's like irish cuisine. Irish cuisine rocks.

A formal meal at the table of any major lord would be a great thing to experience.  The ingredients, preparations and recipes used would be exquisite.  They all have well stocked vintages of fine wine and the knowledge to pair each course of the meal with the most complimentary wine they have.  It is no coincidence that some of the finest foods in Europe come from regions where fine wines are produced and this is likely the case in Westeros as well.  A meal hosted by Doran Martell in Sunpear or by Paxter Redwyne in the Arbor would be an amazing thing to experience. 

Westerosi food is so blah, the best food in Westeros is at Zyzzaz's Meereenese Restaurant in White Harbor, though it's not always the most authentic - they try to say that they removed the umbilical cords in the puppy stew to suit Westerosi tastes, but I know they are just covering for not using real fetal puppies.  It's still good, but they are pushing it when I find a puppy head with the eyes open in it.

Archived