Does Arya survives at the end and furthers the stark family line through gendry?

ser gerold

it is sure that she's unable to change as no one and besides the second stark most utilized her warg abilities besides bran which are not needed in the free cities.she hid needle which points the fact that she cant become no one and it is certain that she will make use of it by going to westeros and killing the people on her list.she thinks she is a lone wolf but her direwolf nymeria always has a pack, can it be possible that the hole in her heart can be filled by bumping into her family like meeting jon, sansa.

No and no. I don't think Arya will survive because we have foreshadowing of her death:

When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

And if she does live to have children by Gendry they would be Rivers or if he was legitimised Baratheons.

No and no. I don't think Arya will survive because we have foreshadowing of her death:

And if she does live to have children by Gendry they would be Rivers or if he was legitimised Baratheons.

Just regarding the foreshadowing of Arya's death uttere by Jon: you know that sentence about Jon? "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Well you got the first part right :lol: 

Edit: The Stark family line could not be continued through Gendry. He cannot birth children. The kids would all be black haired stags, not wolves. If Arya marries Gendry then Rickon would have to continue the line. 

I just hope she comes back and falls for Gendry :D! 

As for bringing back Stark power I think only Rickon or Bran can do that, although (and don't kill me) I feel like the Starks will lose power anymore, just like Baratheons and Lannisters; but even if they do the remaining Starks will try to live a better life after the wars and such. 

Remember this is just my opinion do not take it as fact!

Arya/Gendry is like the most boring pairing possible. Personal opinion here of course. Though I do not consider this as a likely end game pair.

Arya is very likely to survive almost till the end. It may be that she will not see the next spring as Jon said in AGOT, but this winter may be long enough for her children to have children of their own. And if Nymeria is truly her parallel than she will never permanently return to Winterfell, but she will find a new home and found a new pack of her own at the end of her long and hard journey.

Yes and no.  I think she will survive, but I think her chances of marrying Gendry are nil.  He is an unrecognized bastard.  If she marries, it will be to another noble, probably to the advantage of either House Stark or Westeros as a whole.  I've seen Edric Dayne mentioned, but there are others out there as well.

As for Gendry, he was never acknowledged, even unofficially.  If any of Robert's bastards gets anything it will likely be Edric Storm, and maaaaybe Mya Stone.

Gendry has embraced R'hllor and I can't see that sitting well with Arya if the opportunity for a pairing comes about. While she is tolerant of other gods and was brought up with the Seven and the old gods, I don't think that she'll want someone who worships the lord of light if she marries at all. (especially if she ever gets to see unCat)

I do not understand why people like this pairing, i never even liked Gendry. I liked the show version because the actor is a handsome bastard, but i just never liked Gendry. Honestly, i like Arya and Edric Dayne more then i like Arya and Gendry. 

I've got nothing against Gendry, but I agree.  What would Arya want with someone like that?  What would Arya want with a husband at all?

George already stated Arya and Gendry have different destinies when asked if they will meet again and get married.

Besides, this isnt the run of the mill movie/anime where they show people who are married/get together with so and so at the end. 

With GRRM's 1993 letter revealed, I would venture that Gendry, like Ygritte, was originally supposed to be a love interest who establishes a similarity to their final partner, but is not their actual partner. It's a common enough literary technique if you know that you're not going to have two characters hook up until later to establish that they have an interest in a character who reminds them of who they'll end up with later on. A kind of "place holder" love interest.

In which case I can see the argument for Ygritte being a stand-in for Arya for Jon, and Gendry being a stand-in for Jon for Arya, given the 1993 letter. When he knew he couldn't go the original plan given time not moving quickly enough and the world developing in a grander style beyond the world of Westeros itself, that Ygritte and Gendry became place holder love interests for the characters.

Or at least that's how they were supposed to be originally IMO. Given GRRM's gardener manner of writing, it could very well have gone off the rails at this point.

Personally I'm going to state this: I have no problem with Arya/Jon as outlined in the 1993 letter, as I've always considered that it makes the most sense--especially given the build up for it in AGOT.

George already stated Arya and Gendry have different destinies when asked if they will meet again and get married.

Besides, this isnt the run of the mill movie/anime where they show people who are married/get together with so and so at the end. 

Here is the thing,

Gendry is going to be important to the ending (at least the wrap up), he trained with Tobho Mott who knew how to re-forge Ice. The entire Baratheon line is going to be extinguished and Gendry seems to be 1: the oldest male bastard and 2: more involved with the plot than Edric has been (even if Edric is the higher born bastard).

Maybe Arya and Gendry do not end up together (I admit that is very Disney, but GRRM does love Arya), but I see Arya asking Jon to legitimize Gendry and give him Storm's End after he re-forges Ice.

I've got nothing against Gendry, but I agree.  What would Arya want with someone like that?  What would Arya want with a husband at all?

A husband gives her a castle and a family (we hope).  Two packs to rule.  And Arya is at her happiest when she has a pack to boss around.

I think Arya is too damaged to ever marry and have a peaceful life with anyone so I'd say no, she doesn't marry/have children with Gendry.

While she is clearly troubled and possibly a bit damaged, I see nothing to indicate that she is so far gone that she won't be able to ultimately lead a peaceful life with someone she loves and/or cares about.  She's tough, and a survivor, and I think she'll pull through.  Don't count her out just yet.

I think Arya is too damaged to ever marry and have a peaceful life with anyone so I'd say no, she doesn't marry/have children with Gendry.

How do you figure this? Arya has been craving a pack and a home for a while now. Why wouldn't she be able to lead a peaceful life? idgi

Archived