Does Arya survives at the end and furthers the stark family line through gendry?

ser gerold

How do you figure this? Arya has been craving a pack and a home for a while now. Why wouldn't she be able to lead a peaceful life? idgi

Okay well...I'm not saying she doesn't want to go back home and be with her family again because she does. I'm saying she's a preteen that has stolen, manipulated, lied and killed. I don't hold any of that against her because she did what she had to do. Because of everything she's been through I don't think she'll ever be Arya Stark of Winterfell (the person she once was) again because she is fundamentally another person now.

Okay well...I'm not saying she doesn't want to go back home and be with her family again because she does. I'm saying she's a preteen that has stolen, manipulated, lied and killed. I don't hold any of that against her because she did what she had to do. Because of everything she's been through I don't think she'll ever be Arya Stark of Winterfell (the person she once was) again because she is fundamentally another person now.

I get that she's never be the way she was when she was 9 ever again if that's what you mean. And of course she's changed, she's been through a lot since Ned's death. But that doesn't mean that she can't be Arya Stark anymore. It will just make her a more mature and hardened Arya Stark.  And she's damaged, sure, but that doesn't mean she can't have a peaceful life or settle down if she wants to. 

I get that she's never be the way she was when she was 9 ever again if that's what you mean. And of course she's changed, she's been through a lot since Ned's death. But that doesn't mean that she can't be Arya Stark anymore. It will just make her a more mature and hardened Arya Stark.  And she's damaged, sure, but that doesn't mean she can't have a peaceful life or settle down if she wants to. 

I'm thinking about what you said and I think you've made a valid point.

Not if her brother the King legitimizes him and make him Lord of Storm's End.

Oh gods no, not this wish-fullfillment bullshit. Even if he was legitimized, hed probably run Storm's End into the ground without some capable advisors. Gendry doesnt know the first thing about being a lord, he knows how to make weapons but not how to use them, he is a knight bit he was knighted by a dead man under a false god, he follows that god and most importantly, he is a bastard, the storm lords would never follow him. 

I do not understand why people like this pairing, i never even liked Gendry. I liked the show version because the actor is a handsome bastard, but i just never liked Gendry. Honestly, i like Arya and Edric Dayne more then i like Arya and Gendry. 

Why would a gallant nobleman and a courteous young man like Edric Dayne want to have anything to do with a 10-year-old murderess?  I understand this is Westeros but even in a such a primitive time, 10-year-old girls who recite a Hit List, the kind that has nothing to do with music, is sick in the head. 

Why would a gallant nobleman and a courteous young man like Edric Dayne want to have anything to do with a 10-year-old murderess?  I understand this is Westeros but even in a such a primitive time, 10-year-old girls who recite a Hit List, the kind that has nothing to do with music, is sick in the head. 

She is pretty unstable, but Edric seemed like a nice guy to me. Who knows, maybe Arya never gets married and just lives out her days as a Faceless man.

seriously people?

Arya is a very high born lady, do you think she will be willing to marry a commoner bastard as husband?

Have you seen even one case in the history like this?

Yes read the books it was a whole issue with one of the Targs and Arya doesn't give a shit about rank.  But she's unlikely to find any mental giants among the smallfolk in young men.

Well, the way I see the story unfolding for Gendry, I see him as the last Baratheon standing in the end, and personality-wise he will be an amalgamation of three Baratheon brothers: he has physical talents and probably battle skills which are passed to him by his dad's genetics, he will have a talent for military strategy and iron will of his uncle Stannis, and he will have charisma and love of the people he commands like his uncle Renly.

If you combine these traits into Gendry, he will be a worthy candidate to continue the line of Storm Kings and manifestation of the Warrior. I think his infatuation with Red God and involvement with Brotherhood without Banners set him up for a brilliant future storyline. He is already a knight of Hollow Hill and has interesting possibilities with Jaime/Brienne/Lady Stoneheart.

I think Ser Gendry will take over the leadership of Brotherhood without Banners and protect the innocent smallfolk of Riverlands from the forces of Freys and Lannisters who go and pillage towns and villages especially after Red Wedding 2.0 in Riverrun.

When Dany and Tyrion arrive in Westeros with Dothraki horde, he might ally himself with Mother of Dragons since he is follower of the Red God and she is believed to be Azor Ahai. Maybe at that point he will know the truth about his father, but he will not care as that fact never made his lofe easier and he needed to earn everything in his life the hard way and I think Dany would love it. Plus Dany will see the love and devotion he has of the people he leads, so she will likely decide to join forces.

I think Gendry will be one of the commanders of Dany first in second Dance of the Dragons, then in the Battle of Dawn against White Walkers.

I think he will have great accomplishments in both campaigns, and in the end when the dust settles, he will be one of the Seven on the small council of King Jon/Father: the Warrior, or Master of Law/Minister of Defence/Grand Commander of Royal Army.

He will enforce king's peace and laws across the realm and become the main military commander of royal armies. However, he will not take Baratheon as his name and ask king to give him a new surname which will associate him with a bull, however Baratheon/Storm Kings bloodline will live through him and be represented on Jon's council, just like Lannisters will be represented through Tyrion who is Smith or Master of Coin/ Minister of Economy and Finance and will help rebuild the kingdom's economy (maybe Tyrion will give Jon an idea of opening a Westerosi bank and help finance the project).

Regarding Arya and Gendry, the bastard is in the Riverlands and approximately close to Nymeria and her pack. I think whether Arya and Gendry will end up together depends on if Nymeria warms up to Gendry. If she does, then it is settled. Maybe Arya will have a wolf dream while Nymeria meets Gendry? That would be awesome as hell.

How can you say this about Arya, and yet your username is "Jaime for Brienne?"

Jaime is Arya's parents' age, and people believe that he can be redeemed. This was a man in his 30s who pushed a little boy out of a window.

Arya's a child trying to survive. How come Jaime can recover and be "for Brienne," but little Arya can't grow up to have a pack family of her own? I don't get it...

Gendry is, at best, a tertiary character. He's also a total bore, IMO, but that's a matter of taste, I acknowledge. However, why the themes, character developement and overall arc of the main character should be ignored-sidelined-demolished just so said tertiary character is served a fairy tale prince ending is beyond me.

seriously people?

Arya is a very high born lady, do you think she will be willing to marry a commoner bastard as husband?

Have you seen even one case in the history like this?

Okay, let's turn this around...

Lyanna Stark was a "very" highborn lady, a proud and spirited Northern woman.

Do you think she would be willing to forsake a respectable marriage to a Lord Paramount to run off with a prince?

Have you ever seen one case in history like this?

Arya is a people person, and collects friends the way other girls collect dolls, but she especially likes hanging around commoners and bastards. Her long list of friends, acquaintances, and companions include a butcher's son, a baker, a dyer, a blacksmith, a trained assassin, and a scarred killer. In Braavos, on the verge of flowering, she's busily befriending sailors, fisherfolk, mummers, and prostitutes. None of these are fit company for the daughter of a high lord, and yet Arya meets no strangers. 

My question is this. Who's going to make Arya marry? The three people with the power and will to do so -- Ned, Cat, and Robb -- are dead. Jon won't, and after he learns about R+L=J, he really won't. Bran and Rickon are her younger brothers... think she's going to meekly bow her head and listen to them?

If anything, I could see Arya having a string of lovers in adulthood before she conforms to her "duty," if she ever does. (Didn't the Kindly Man imply she'd be a good courtesan?) I've written other posts about the fact that the Stark girls, unlike most Westerosi women, are going to be able to choose their lovers. It's wartime, it's an apocalyptic war. If Arya chooses Gendry or Edric Dayne or Edric Storm or a sellsword or a pirate captain or her own brother Jon, I'll bet dollars to donuts that it will be her own choice... a choice that her aunt, and most other girls, didn't get to have. Because I think that's one of the points that GRRM gets to make with this story. 

To his credit, above and beyond all shipping, I give George kudos that neither Stark girl has been assaulted in five books. They've both been threatened with it, but it hasn't happened in canon (no, the show is NOT canon). It's actually miraculous to watch these little girls survive on their own, with at least that left to them. That's what I'm most concerned with, not the ID of the boys that they might have a romance with, but that because they're on the run, they get to break free from the strictures of their society and have even a modicum of choice and consent where this is concerned.

Do you think she would be willing to forsake a respectable marriage to a Lord Paramount to run off with a prince?

Arya is a people person, and collects friends the way other girls collect dolls, but she especially likes hanging around commoners and bastards. Her long list of friends, acquaintances, and companions include a butcher's son, a baker, a dyer, a blacksmith, a trained assassin, and a scarred killer. In Braavos, on the verge of flowering, she's busily befriending sailors, fisherfolk, mummers, and prostitutes. None of these are fit company for the daughter of a high lord, and yet Arya meets no strangers. 

My question is this. Who's going to make Arya marry? The three people with the power and will to do so -- Ned, Cat, and Robb -- are dead. Jon won't, and after he learns about R+L=J, he really won't. Bran and Rickon are her younger brothers... think she's going to meekly bow her head and listen to them?

If anything, I could see Arya having a string of lovers in adulthood before she conforms to her "duty," if she ever does. (Didn't the Kindly Man imply she'd be a good courtesan?) I've written other posts about the fact that the Stark girls, unlike most Westerosi women, are going to be able to choose their lovers. It's wartime, it's an apocalyptic war. If Arya chooses Gendry or Edric Dayne or Edric Storm or a sellsword or a pirate captain or her own brother Jon, I'll bet dollars to donuts that it will be her own choice... a choice that her aunt, and most other girls, didn't get to have. Because I think that's one of the points that GRRM gets to make with this story. 

To his credit, above and beyond all shipping, I give George kudos that neither Stark girl has been assaulted in five books. They've both been threatened with it, but it hasn't happened in canon (no, the show is NOT canon). It's actually miraculous to watch these little girls survive on their own, with at least that left to them. That's what I'm most concerned with, not the ID of the boys that they might have a romance with, but that because they're on the run, they get to break free from the strictures of their society and have even a modicum of choice and consent where this is concerned.

you must be kidding me. 

Lyanna did not elope with a commoner bastard, she ran off with the future king. 

We have numerous noble women who are willing to have affairs with  king or prince no matter if they have wives or not. 

I can give you a long long list. 

From Arys Harroway, to all the mistresses of Aegon IV, plus princess Daena and Elaena who are even higher born than Lyanna. 

They are all willing to be King or prince's another women. 

What is the difference between them and Lyanna?

It would be extremely unlikely that Lyanna ran off with a sable boy, or a poor servant, but with a prince and future king? Lyanna was not that special on this.

you must be kidding me. 

Lyanna did not elope with a commoner bastard, she ran off with the future king. 

We have numerous noble women who are willing to have affairs with  king or prince no matter if they have wives or not. 

I can give you a long long list. 

From Arys Harroway, to all the mistresses of Aegon IV, plus princess Daena and Elaena who are even higher born than Lyanna. 

They are all willing to be King or prince's another women. 

What is the difference between them and Lyanna?

It would be extremely unlikely that Lyanna ran off with a sable boy, or a poor servant, but with a prince and future king? Lyanna was not that special on this.

We don't know the circumstances. But you must admit that your spec's as good as mine.

We don't know the circumstances. But you must admit that your spec's as good as mine.

I agree with you on arya. She was like  Egg, lived a common life for long time so I can see her change. 

This is completely different situation from lyanna, who just did what most women would do: have affair with the future king (it is indeed a glory to do, look at Missy's statue in Godwoods)

This is completely different situation from lyanna, who just did what most women would do: have affair with the future king (it is indeed a glory to do, look at Missy's statue in Godwoods)

No, it is not. Missy's special treatment is most likely connected to her, ehm, contribution to her family's interests and should really be examined in the context of Blackwood-Bracken feud, Barba, and some "teats" changing hands.

I think it's quite clear that nobody is going to make Arya marry -  or do anything else, for that matter.  Even were her father still alive, he would probably be unable to make her marry someone she disliked or didn't respect.   However, could Jon, for example, or Sansa, persuade her that marriage was her duty - that it was necessary for the well-being of the 7 Kingdoms or House Stark?  Sure.  Remember her mother's words:  Family, Duty, Honor.  Even so, she would likely exert some control, refusing to marry someone she disliked or didn't respect.

I think, at the end of the series, Westeros will be in a devastated condition.  For the remaining nobility, especially those from prominent families such as the Starks, it will likely be "all hands on deck."  Everyone will need to take a leadership role, and marry and produce children to keep things going.  As for Gendry, I think her marrying him is essentially a fantasy.  There are too many differences, particularly including class and education for it to work out in the long run, imo.  But if she makes it to the end, I do believe she will end up married.  As for waiting to adulthood, I think the story will end before that happens, unfortunately.  RIP, 5 year gap.

Archived