Will Tyrion and Cersei meet again?

dsug

Disclaimer: this is not a "whose the valonqar" topic so please don't turn it into one. 

Ok, so out of all the odd couples who's parted ways in the series, I feel like the one most in need of a resolution is Tyrion and his beloved sister Cersei. Things ended very messy. Cersei had won, Tyrion was sentenced to die, but Tyrion escaped and killed their father, before leaving the country. Lots of stuff still needs to be worked out. 

They definitely won't meet again as friends. I think perhaps once Aegon/Daenerys/whoever Tyrion ends up backing, they will send our favorite half man as some type of envoy to treat with our Lioness of the Rock. It won't end pretty. 

Everyone goes on and on about Cersei and Jaime, but I think her relationship with her other brother is the more impactful one. They've had more impact on their respective psyches than any one else, in my opinion. 

Tyrion has pondered raping and killing Cersei with his bare hands. Cersei has fantasized about taking a literal shit on Tyrion's dead body. They need to meet again.

so that's my ramble. Do you think it will happen? 

Pretty hard to have this conversation without discussing the possibility of Tyrion being the Volanqar, or "little brother" who Maggy the Frog predicted will kill Cersei.  I hope that he isn't.  I do hope that they meet again, whether is has anything to do with that prophecy or not.  I would like to read about them meeting again because the dialogue promises to be great.  But which POV would we see this from?  Cersei?  Tyrion?  Or maybe Jaime?  I would love to see all three of them brought back together.

Pretty hard to have this conversation without discussing the possibility of Tyrion being the Volanqar, or "little brother" who Maggy the Frog predicted will kill Cersei.  I hope that he isn't.  I do hope that they meet again, whether is has anything to do with that prophecy or not.  I would like to read about them meeting again because the dialogue promises to be great.  But which POV would we see this from?  Cersei?  Tyrion?  Or maybe Jaime?  I would love to see all three of them brought back together.

This!

Wouldn't it be just so delicious!

Would Jaime try to be the peace broker? Or just strangle Cersei, with a helping hand from Tyrion? The valonqars killing her together...

On a more serious note, I think both Jaime and Tyrion have unfinished business with their sweet sister, albeit in different ways. Which is (narratively) more important? A lifetime of hate or a lifetime of love (turned sour)?

I think Tyrion killing her would be the very worst punishment left to Cersei at this point, since that's what she is most terrified of. So I'm all for that. Maybe he does it in between the wildfyre kegs exploding everywhere in King's Landing amidst Daenerys' dragons burning men alive from the air.

The city forged in Fire and Blood would then be consumed in Fire and Blood. A fitting end to the Targaryen dynasty (assuming they really do die out this time).

I think Tyrion killing her would be the very worst punishment left to Cersei at this point, since that's what she is most terrified of. So I'm all for that. Maybe he does it in between the wildfyre kegs exploding everywhere in King's Landing amidst Daenerys' dragons burning men alive from the air.

The city forged in Fire and Blood would then be consumed in Fire and Blood. A fitting end to the Targaryen dynasty (assuming they really do die out this time).

The problem I have is that I don't want either Tyrion or Jaime to be kinslayers. Kinslaying is one of the absolute worst sins and crimes in Westeros. I'm tempted to subscribe to the A+J=T theory just because that would give Tyrion a "get out of jail free" card as regards to Tywin.

And I don't want Jaime killing Cersei because that would make him a kinslayer, and doomed... Well, he's doomed, anyway. It all comes back to Aerys. Whoever is the Targ contender to the throne, Jaime will have killed their father or grandfather. He won't get out of this series alive. Snif. :(

The problem I have is that I don't want either Tyrion or Jaime to be kinslayers. Kinslaying is one of the absolute worst sins and crimes in Westeros. I'm tempted to subscribe to the A+J=T theory just because that would give Tyrion a "get out of jail free" card as regards to Tywin.

And I don't want Jaime killing Cersei because that would make him a kinslayer, and doomed... Well, he's doomed, anyway. It all comes back to Aerys. Whoever is the Targ contender to the throne, Jaime will have killed their father or grandfather. He won't get out of this series alive. Snif. :(

I'd hate for Tyrion to be a secret Targ. It would make all that character development between he and Tywin virtually pointless. The whole point Tywin didn't kill Tyrion at birth was because he was his son. And Tyrion is Tywin's son, according to Genna, and it's true. He's the one who's got the Lannister mind, and is the most competent of his siblings, which makes Tywin's bias towards him all the more tragic.

To give him a 'get out of jail free' card by saying he's actually a Targ (and can thus ride dragons) would just feel too much like an act of fanservice to those who want to see Tyrion ride a dragon.

I'd hate for Tyrion to be a secret Targ. It would make all that character development between he and Tywin virtually pointless. The whole point Tywin didn't kill Tyrion at birth was because he was his son. And Tyrion is Tywin's son, according to Genna, and it's true. He's the one who's got the Lannister mind, and is the most competent of his siblings, which makes Tywin's bias towards him all the more tragic.
To give him a 'get out of jail free' card by saying he's actually a Targ (and can thus ride dragons) would just feel too much like an act of fanservice to those who want to see Tyrion ride a dragon.

I don't recall anyone absolutely validating the "must be a Targ" to ride a dragon idea.  With that in mind, I love the idea of Tyrion being a secret Targ.   It satisfies Tywin's murder in my mind.  However, Tyrion, the brightest mind in the entire story, would never see it that way and will always consider himself Tywin's son.   His guilt would fold seven times over on itself if he were absolved of kinslaying by virtue of not being Tywin's true born.   But I still love the idea for nothing else but Cersei.    Oh she would rage and bubble and throw a hissy like no other fit she's ever thrown.   Still with all the secret IDs and possible secret IDs, how could anyone even learn this truth?   It's not as though Joanna left a letter or Tywin told someone he suspected.   Really, how could it possibly come to light?   I'm hoping that if the dragon rider must be a Targ theory remains unproven, Cersei will just think it.   

I hope they'll meet up in Casterly Rock so Tyrion can take the last vestige of greatness Cersei holds.    She will at that point have lost all her children and power, prestige and influence that comes with a crown.    All she will have is Casterly Rock and won't it be delicious to watch him outmaneuver her for that last thing.  Then her head can explode.       

I think Cersei is dead before Tyrion gets back to King's Landing (if King's Landing is even still standing after Cersei's death).

Cersei will meet the valonqar before Daenerys can take the Throne.

This what I lean toward. 

Honestly, a Tyrion/Cersei reunion isn't high on my things-I-want-to-happen-before-the-end-of-ASoIaF list. Cersei and Tyrion are both pretty firmly set in their opinions of one another, and I don't see anything changing that. 

The reunion I want to see is Jaime and Tyrion. I always liked their brotherly bond and hated seeing it torn apart at the end of ASoS. They're both haunted by that final conversation, and they need to talk out their anger if they have any hope of healing the deep emotional scars it left. I think it would mean so much to both of them to have their brother see and be proud of how much they've changed/what they've accomplished since they parted. 

I think that Tyrion will meet her again at Casterly Rock, with either Tommen or Myrcella still alive (heck might even be both), fled from KL, trying to amass bannermen again to retake the IT. Tyrion shows up with Dothraki and swords (but in Lannister colors); Tommen allows the gates to open, and Tyrion does to CR what Tywin did to KL.

I do not think they will meet again, however, the more successful and closer Tyrion comes to Westeros with Dany in hand, the more paranoid and crazier Cersei becomes. She will think the prophecy of "valonghar" and "more beautiful queen" is manifested in Tyrion and Dany.

However, as we know, this is George RR Martin, and the prophecies do not come the way we expect them to, therefore I believe Jaime and Sansa will be involved in Cersei's demise as part of the prophecy. And it makes sense, since she will never expect her beloved twin to be her murderer and the "weak" and "abused" Stark girl to be her downfall.

Archived