Will Tyrion and Cersei meet again?

dsug

I'd hate for Tyrion to be a secret Targ. It would make all that character development between he and Tywin virtually pointless. The whole point Tywin didn't kill Tyrion at birth was because he was his son. And Tyrion is Tywin's son, according to Genna, and it's true. He's the one who's got the Lannister mind, and is the most competent of his siblings, which makes Tywin's bias towards him all the more tragic.
To give him a 'get out of jail free' card by saying he's actually a Targ (and can thus ride dragons) would just feel too much like an act of fanservice to those who want to see Tyrion ride a dragon.

That's why I said I'm almost tempted to subscribe to A+J=T. I don't. That's why I called it a "get out of jail free" card. The only reason I could like that theory is because it makes Tyrion not a kinslayer, and kinslaying is a grave sin in the minds of Westerosi, right up there with breaking guest right (I'm looking at you, Walder Frey!). It seems to me that the smallfolk consider kinslaying and breaking guest right the worst sins. Not crimes, sins. Kingslaying is only a crime, in comparison.

As to Aunt Genna, it can be read in different ways. Tyrion is obviously Tywin's son with his intelligence and scheming and ruthlessness, he's learned from Tywin all his life. Doesn't have to mean he's a biological son. Jon Snow will always be Ned Stark's son, no matter what (and I subscribe to R+L=J). Jaime is offended by Aunt Genna's remark and tries to be a Tywin, and plays on his horrible reputation, and his father's horrible reputation, to make the threats feel real, and our lovely, hapless Edmure buys it hook, line and sinker. But poor Jaime isn't Tywin, he goes out of his way to find peaceful solutions, compromises, to the sieges of Riverrun and Raventree Hall. To the point of not making Lord Blackwood actually kneel, and accepting Lord Blackwood's choice of hostage. He's no Tywin, our kitten of Lannister, Aunt Genna was right. (And I do not, I emphasize, do not, subscribe to any theories that Cersei and Jaime are Mad Aerys's bastards. Though that would provide some irony, Jaime killing his father. But, no. No.)

A clash of lions sounds great, I'd like it to happen. I like to think Cersei will be clinging on til the very end. It's not that I root for her but she's a fantastic antagonist IMO and the story would have a big hole in it with her gone. I find her POV fascinating too. I think it might be advantageous but I like the idea that they'll have a meeting and we'll get both POVs. A bit like Sam and Jon only not an entire book apart. 

I would love to have them eventually meet again if of course Cersei doesn't die before Dany gets to Westeros. I think having both make their peace would be interesting, I don't think that would even happen but that would be so interesting. I know that the show is taboo here but Lena Headey portrayal of Cersei is spectacular, a bit more humane you could say. A redemption along the lines before her death would be a surprise. But I still want Kings Landing to burn and suffer. In the end, I can not wait to see what happens

I am of the opinion that Cersei never sees either of her brothers again. I think Cersei will die before either of them return to KL. I'm not even sure that Jaime and Tyrion will meet again,

Well, unless you are of the popular belief that Jaime will be the one to kill her.... ;)

I think Cersei is dead before Tyrion gets back to King's Landing (if King's Landing is even still standing after Cersei's death).

Cersei will meet the valonqar before Daenerys can take the Throne.

I'd agree with that.  There are plenty of reasons why Cersei could end up dead long before Tyrion could make it back to Westeros. 

Well, unless you are of the popular belief that Jaime will be the one to kill her.... ;)

I understand that Jaime killing Cersei is a popular belief, but the last we saw of him he was heading to Lady Stoneheart. I just can't imagine LS sending him back to KL. Since I can't see how either Jaime or Tyrion's trajectories are returning them to KL anytime soon, I have the feeling Cersei won't see either of them again. Of course, I am of the opinion that Cersei doesn't make it out of TWOW alive.

Archived