does the targaryen family line ends with daenyrs ?

ser gerold

Assuming young griff a blackfyre pretender,and daenyrs most probably barren as said by the maegi, it is certain that the targaryen dynasty does end with her.Though jon is Reghar's son, he is still a bastard.Even if daenyrs legitimizes him, considering his storyline and importance i still doubt that he marries to further the targaryen family line.As for young griff, i suppose he would end up dead making house blackfyre completely extinguished.

Assuming young griff a blackfyre pretender,and daenyrs most probably barren as said by the maegi, it is certain that the targaryen dynasty does end with her.Though jon is Reghar's son, he is still a bastard.Even if daenyrs legitimizes him, considering his storyline and importance i still doubt that he marries to further the targaryen family line.As for young griff, i suppose he would end up dead making house blackfyre completely extinguished.

We don't know if Dany is barren, for certain.

But, even if she was, she could still adopt a relative as her heir, and they'd take the Targaryen surname.

Known relatives include the Martells, Tarths, Plumms, Velaryons, Baratheons, (although political animosity would rule them out), Blackwoods.

We don't know if Dany is barren, for certain.

But, even if she was, she could still adopt a relative as her heir, and they'd take the Targaryen surname.

Known relatives include the Martells, Tarths, Plumms, Velaryons, Baratheons, (although political animosity would rule them out), Blackwoods.

And longwaters. 

blackwoods is kind confusing. 

So bloodraven has two siblings. Did they adopt the blackwood name after legitimization? 

I see all the ice/fire themes as a call for balance.   By this reasoning if Westeros loses the Targ/Fire blood line and magic, wouldn't the Stark/Ice bloodline and magic also have to go away?   I'm hoping the Targs are repopulated as both elements seem to be crucial to the balance in universe.   This is part of why I hope Aegon is really Aegon and that Dany will have children.  Ice is fully and well represented in 4 Starks to only 1 Targ.  Dany sort of needs another real Targ to further the line.   I suppose Jon could fit that bill except I cringe at the thought of Dany and Jon together.   

I'm not entirely sure that Daenerys is barren.  I have posted previously that I believe much of Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy has already come to pass (with Quentyn as the 'sun' rising in the west and setting in the east) and that I believe she had a miscarriage rather than a period at the end of Dance.  She notes firstly that there is more blood than she can recall compared to previous periods and that she cannot recall when her last period was.  The miscarriage hypothesis would at the very least suggest that Daenerys is still able to get pregnant.  

I also agree about the balance of ice and fire.  Targaryens and Starks should both continue as major houses to provide that balance between the two elements. 

Well, I believe Targaryens will merge into Starks for eternity by the end of saga, making House Stark a magical house not only of "ice" but "fire" as well. In other words, all future Stark kings will have blood of Dragon Kings. Just like Kings of Winter have the blood of Barrow King, Marsh King, Warg King, etc. by marrying the last daughters of these lines into Stark family, new King of Winter Jon Stark will marry Dragon Queen and last Targaryen female to mix their blood for eternity and give Starks claim to the South and unite Westeros under Stark rule. I am not saying it will be a happy ending kind of scenario, I expect Jon and Dany to clash hard, mirroring Torrhen Stark and Aegon the Conqueror, but this time, the battle WILL happen and it will be Targaryen who will bend the knee by the end.

This fact will allow Starks to become new royal family and dynasty of Westeros with a new capital and seat on Harrenhal grounds (Jon, Sansa and Arya all have connections to Harrenhal). Isle of Faces will become the new home for Bran Stark, the new deity of Westeros. 

Well, I believe Targaryens will merge into Starks for eternity by the end of saga, making House Stark a magical house not only of "ice" but "fire" as well. In other words, all future Stark kings will have blood of Dragon Kings. Just like Kings of Winter have the blood of Barrow King, Marsh King, Warg King, etc. by marrying the last daughters of these lines into Stark family, new King of Winter Jon Stark will marry Dragon Queen and last Targaryen female to mix their blood for eternity and give Starks claim to the South and unite Westeros under Stark rule. I am not saying it will be a happy ending kind of scenario, I expect Jon and Dany to clash hard, mirroring Torrhen Stark and Aegon the Conqueror, but this time, the battle WILL happen and it will be Targaryen who will bend the knee by the end.

This fact will allow Starks to become new royal family and dynasty of Westeros with a new capital and seat on Harrenhal grounds (Jon, Sansa and Arya all have connections to Harrenhal). Isle of Faces will become the new home for Bran Stark, the new deity of Westeros. 

Do you like your fantasy world where everything good happens to the people we love?

GRRM says bitter sweet, but more sweet than bitter. Although, I think some of the most loved characters will die and the ones who live will never be fulfilled.

Depends if Dany is barren. If not House Targaryen will continue through her.

If Aegon survives long enough to reproduce. Even if he's not RhaeRhae's son or even a Targaryen. He still claims the Targaryen name. (like Cersei's kids).House Targaryen will continue through him.

If Jon  chooses to take the Targaryen name when he finds out about R+L=J. House Targaryen will continue through him.

If Dany is barren, Aegon dies and Jon dies or chooses to called himself a Stark or Snow. Yup, House Targaryen is done. 

Jon isn't technically a bastard, to the world he is haha but if Lyanna and Rhaegar married secretly he would be regardless of what the world thinks of him, a full fledged Targaryen, of course he is still is considered a bastard regardless but only time will tell if he ever finds out the truth and if he ultimately survives so he is up for graps. LikeBrandonStark's bastard stated, even if Aegon isn't really Aegon of Elia/Rhaegar, he still proclaims himself a Targaryen, (just like Cercei's kid who regardless of not being Baratheon in blood, in name they still are legally Baratheon) and even looks the part! So if the kid lives long enough to reproduce then sure, he could continue the line, if he doesn't die dun dun dun. Now Dany Dany, I really don't think she is barren but who knows. If she isn't then I do think she could and might reproduce some little Targaryens offspring to continue the house. If she does die giving birth, she should die giving birth to twins or something. That'll be interesting

Supposing Aegon is fake, which would seem more likely, House Targaryen will be extinct if Daenerys does not produce children. They would most likely get to carry her name, even if I'm not entirerly sure it's been done before.

There are many houses who are relativess of the Targaryen's female line. The Baratheons, Martells, Plums, Penroses, Velaryons, to name a few.

Edit; I now saw that SeanF had already named houses. 

Assuming (f)Aegon is legit then no, he can have kids and carry on the line. Plus, the Sun (Quentyn) had risen in the west (born) and set in the east (burned alive and suffered for three days), the (Dothraki) sea has dried up and (the) Mountain(s) blew in the wind when he was taken down by Oberyn's spear. She may have been carrying Dario's child 

If by "the targaryen dynasty" you mean the descendants of Aegon the Conquerer, then that probably ended with his own "son" by Rhaenys, who was more like the singers and poets she surrounded herself with than the king. And since Maegor died without issue, then the entire line from Aenys on down was probably compromised from the start. 

Ugh, I'd be so pissed if now she can magically have babies out of a sudden. Like, the eagles from the Lords of the Rings showed up unexpectedly, swoop into her uterus and replaced all the damaged tissue or whatever. It would feel so cheap, in my opinion, especially because her inability to have children was a HUGE part of her character development and her arc. Like, her "children" were the slaves who call her mother and the dragons, and she had to choose between them, between the olive trees and peace, or Fire and Blood and war. If she can have a baby now, you lose that dichotomy, because then the slaves wouldn't be her "children" nor the dragons. 

Ugh, I'd be so pissed if now she can magically have babies out of a sudden. Like, the eagles from the Lords of the Rings showed up unexpectedly, swoop into her uterus and replaced all the damaged tissue or whatever. It would feel so cheap, in my opinion, especially because her inability to have children was a HUGE part of her character development and her arc. Like, her "children" were the slaves who call her mother and the dragons, and she had to choose between them, between the olive trees and peace, or Fire and Blood and war. If she can have a baby now, you lose that dichotomy, because then the slaves wouldn't be her "children" nor the dragons. 

If you already have a child, do you throw away the old one when you have a second child?

Archived