does the targaryen family line ends with daenyrs ?

ser gerold

They don't - it's about the dynastic name. There are a few families with Targaryen roots, but as it stands Daenerys is the last known definite Targaryen.

Guess your rigright about that.  But the Targ blood would still exist tru a Blackfyre , so if it dies out in name it will not die out in blood before the Blackfyres are gone.  

Guess your rigright about that.  But the Targ blood would still exist tru a Blackfyre , so if it dies out in name it will not die out in blood before the Blackfyres are gone.  

That goes for the Baratheons (Mya Stone, Edric Storm and Gendry are still about even if Stannis and Shireen perish), and families that descend from them. And the Martells. And others. The Baratheons were the closest kin to the throne during the reign of Aerys II, but if a great council had to be called there are probably a number of nobles with distant claims.

Aegon (Blackfyre or Rhaegar's son) and any descendants of Aerion are the closest to the royal house though, other than any surviving descendants of Maekar's daughters.

Ugh, I'd be so pissed if now she can magically have babies out of a sudden. Like, the eagles from the Lords of the Rings showed up unexpectedly, swoop into her uterus and replaced all the damaged tissue or whatever. It would feel so cheap, in my opinion, especially because her inability to have children was a HUGE part of her character development and her arc. Like, her "children" were the slaves who call her mother and the dragons, and she had to choose between them, between the olive trees and peace, or Fire and Blood and war. If she can have a baby now, you lose that dichotomy, because then the slaves wouldn't be her "children" nor the dragons. 

"Magically"? Daenerys believes she's barren as an angry woman who had been raped and abused told her so as revenge for what the Dothraki did, and for Daenerys's 'mercy'. It was never confirmed she was barren. Lots of folk just seem to assume every prophecy is true. Even if it was, Mirri may simply have had some vision of when Daenerys would next conceive, and said what she did to spite her.

Personally, I don't get why so many think Daenerys was ever barren. As far as Mirri knew, Daenerys had no khalasar and could have been taken to Vaes Dothrak - she would have no children. Or she just didn't care. Either way, it's a poetic "fuck you".

And nothing is lost by Daenerys having children. Believing herself to be barren has shaped her character; she won't suddenly stop feeling like she has a duty to her people as their 'mother,' nor will she view her dragons differently. (Though like any mother, she may have to watch her other two children fly the nest...)

"Magically"? Daenerys believes she's barren as an angry woman who had been raped and abused told her so as revenge for what the Dothraki did, and for Daenerys's 'mercy'. It was never confirmed she was barren. Lots of folk just seem to assume every prophecy is true. Even if it was, Mirri may simply have had some vision of when Daenerys would next conceive, and said what she did to spite her.

Personally, I don't get why so many think Daenerys was ever barren. As far as Mirri knew, Daenerys had no khalasar and could have been taken to Vaes Dothrak - she would have no children. Or she just didn't care. Either way, it's a poetic "fuck you".

And nothing is lost by Daenerys having children. Believing herself to be barren has shaped her character; she won't suddenly stop feeling like she has a duty to her people as their 'mother,' nor will she view her dragons differently. (Though like any mother, she may have to watch her other two children fly the nest...)

That'd be even worse, because it'd mean she was easily tricked by a stupid witch all this time. I could see Mirri cackling her trachea out all the way to hell. 

That'd be even worse, because it'd mean she was easily tricked by a stupid witch all this time. I could see Mirri cackling her trachea out all the way to hell. 

I disagree. I think 'every prophecy is true' is worse. Dany being barren was a self-fulfilling prophecy; she believed she was, and thus she was. That she seems to have miscarried in Dance after being in a sexual relationship suggests she never was, rather than Mirri's prophecy being literal.

And believing Mirri doesn't make Daenerys stupid. She was a young girl, still coming into her own. And trusting. There's nothing to suggest she has the street smarts to know she's being toyed with at that point. Especially when she's grieving over the loss of her son and husband, and believes Mirri know sorcery that would save Drogo.

If Dany becomes Queen of Westeros again then i agree with SeanF that she could name an heir with her blood line most likely someone with the Targaryen character traits. If she becomes barren and was a fanatic about her bloodline then she could arrange a marriage with say Aurane Waters or Monterys Velaryon and a female with a targ bloodline.

A good matchup would be Aurane and Allyria Dayne they would certainly have some Targaryen looking kids i have a feeling that one of Egg's sister's may have married into the House Dayne they certainly married someone and my choices are house Dayne or house Tarth. Mya Stone could be anoother suitor

They might have the blood but that does not make them Targaryens.

Are the Baratheons Targaryens?

They are as Targaryen as the Targaryens, Daemon's mother and father were both Targ and the same can be said of house Plumm. We have no idea if the future Blackfyre's inbred like the future Targ's did but it can't be ruled out and yes in a sense the Baratheon's are Targaryen's too they certainly have the bloodline looks aren't everything.

I know the feeling 

I guess we have to wait and see on that one 

No certainly not that happens only with jon fans who thinks he will be gettjng eveeything ...even annoying dany stannis fans dont go that far ....I like jon arya tyrion too but only dany needs more defending ....and why you see me post about dany more ...

I agreeagree with you that they parallel rhaegar and lyanna ....jon is basically the blue rose and dany is rhaegar reborn .. .you should read ser Creighton posts on this one in the general section ....I think it will be tragic as well as a bittersweet ...I think GR cany finish this in 7 an dmay be going for 8 ... I do agree on the last part not only this series but I hate ending a series ...I always want more to know about everyone and what they do ...hope we get the detailed informations on every character 

The hate used to be more stronger and radical  or irrational than these days. Or that some fans are playing the card of Dany being victimised, or Jon for that matter. Some of Jon fans are speaking about this more frequently and their voice is therefore known. You know Apple, Jedi, Mithras. Jon is getting these days a fair amount of hate even thanks to them and picking on him for Snowflake and other things by exactly these fans.

I just don't like these wars and the talks like when they'll get together for example...I'm gonna watch you all cry and other chidish comments. When some of Dany fans licking their hands at the prospect of Dany and Jon being together(some don't like this or even hate this idea)...then some of Jon fans absolutely enraged by this idea. Wars are here, but it's not what it usd to be. Val seem like a safe option and she's not that far away and when Dany and Jon will meet we don not know. Of coiurse personalities. People do doubt that. Then Dany fans are presenting foreshadowing of their own and Jon fans are presenting it their way. It's just endless war. 

Like the characters, but can't stand some of the fans of them. 

Regarding Rhegar and Lyanna. Since George likes when history is repeating itself...we have to consider they'll mirror each other to the very end. I guess bittersweet can be classified as both of them dying and their child surviving with uncle Tyrion. But we'll see on that.

On 1/16/2016 at 6:48 PM, Daemon Blackfyre IV said:

They are as Targaryen as the Targaryens, Daemon's mother and father were both Targ and the same can be said of house Plumm. We have no idea if the future Blackfyre's inbred like the future Targ's did but it can't be ruled out and yes in a sense the Baratheon's are Targaryen's too they certainly have the bloodline looks aren't everything.

It is not about blood, or looks. It is about belonging to a House. It is one of the most important things in Westeros society.

House Blackfyre and House Targaryen are not the same thing, they are two different houses, and if you asked a Blackfyre if they were a Targaryen or vice versa I am sure they would say no.

Archived