Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purple-eyes

where is maiden isle?

I saw somewhere this name. And there is a mother house on it. 

Where is this maiden isle?

Anybody knows? I can not find it in the map or wiki. 

Not sure. The only two motherhouses I know of are in Oldtown and Bechester both of are in the Reach. Maiden Island seems likely for Oldtown considering its an island.

that would make the name rather counter-intuitive. Most prostitutes are not "maidens" (I.e. Virgins)

It's ironic, they're hipster prostitutes. 

that would make the name rather counter-intuitive. Most prostitutes are not "maidens" (I.e. Virgins)

We drive on parkways and park on driveways. Names don't always make sense. :P

Someone else with a time machine has read ASoIaF XIV - Voyage to Whore Island by R. A. Salvatore.  It IS probably the best book since ASoIaF IX - Unicorn Riders of Skagos.

The Maiden Isle? Is that the place where all the old virgins live and dwell and dream of peace? A rather boring place.

Nay, perchance it is the Misty Islands seat of House Fisher somewhere in the Riverlands whose location has not yet been published.

I feel a song coming on, some where out there...

So, seriously, where is Maiden Isle?

It is used in the latest gift chapter released, Arianne II from TWoW.

Wiki has nothing. This thread is the only mention on the forum, to date. I'm assuming that Maiden Isle is a place those in and around Cape Wrath would be familiar, so not too far afield. But still, it's intriguing that we have both a septry burned and a motherhouse raided for slaves. The Seven are being attacked and I'm interested. 

Weeping Town info:

http://direct.westeros.org/index.php/Weeping_Town

Quote from Arianne II:

In the Broken Shield, Daemon Sand was told that the great septry on the Holf of Men had been burned and looted by raiders from the sea, and a hundred young novices from the motherhouse on Maiden Isle carried off into slavery.

With a single line on an advance chapter of an unpublished book, I'd say it's too early to point  it out on the maps. I'm sure Winds will bring a lot of new locations into play. Just hold your horses. :P

Judging by the chapter its likely somewhere at coast of stormlands.

7 hours ago, Mantichore said:

Am I the only one perplexed by the mention of "the Holf of Men"? What's a holf? :huh:

I'm confused by that as well.

14 hours ago, CJ McLannister said:

The Euron chapter also includes an unmapped island.  Maybe the maps will be updated when the book is released.

That would be nice.