Does Robert Strong deserve to die

Beautiful Balon

So It seems that the general opinion that Robert Strong is an evil abomination that must be killed but i don't think that's the case. Compared to Gregor(or many other characters) Robert is practically a saint. Gregor raped, murdered, tortured and looted with abandon making no distinction between man woman child or kin. Robert Strong on the other hand doesn't even poop! And there are many other characters that have done worse than Robert and are admired (Jaime, Janos, Tywin, Bobby B, the hound) So why the hate for Robert Strong? 

Well if he is used as an instrument by Cersei/Qyburn to commit acts of evil, then he should be put down.

If Cersei continues to wear her crazy pants, I really don't want her to have control of an undead killing machine. 

But Cersie and Quyburn are the evil ones, kill them and Robert Strong shouldn't be dangerous(Probably?)

From what little we know, he's essentially just a machine with no drive or desire.  Machines don't deserve anything, they just are.  

It's entirely plausible that he should be destroyed for the good of the realm, however.  

If he retained Gregor's memories and has free will, then he deserves to die for his crimes.

If he retained Gregor's memories but does not have free will, then he deserves to be freed via death because not even the worst monster deserves such restrictive enslavement.

If he has free will but none of Gregor's memories, then he is not the same man who murdered Elia and therefore does not deserve to die.

If he has neither free will nor Gregor's memories, then he deserves to be freed and given a chance to live his life.

If he retained Gregor's memories and has free will, then he deserves to die for his crimes.

If he retained Gregor's memories but does not have free will, then he deserves to be freed via death because not even the worst monster deserves such restrictive enslavement.

If he has free will but none of Gregor's memories, then he is not the same man who murdered Elia and therefore does not deserve to die.

If he has neither free will nor Gregor's memories, then he deserves to be freed and given a chance to live his life.

I like this answer cause it gets to the heart of the issue, is Robert Strong the same being as Gregor Clegane?Aand I generally agree with the idea that him being Gegor Clegane is much worse than him being an undead abomination and that if he is to be punished it should because he is Gregor Clegane and not because he is an undead abomination.

I will nitpick though I don't think that him being Gregor is as clear cut as him having Gregor memories. What if he had Gregor's memories but had the heart of a lamb or on the other hand what if he was a blank slate but had Gregor's bestial drive or anything in between.

I like this answer cause it gets to the heart of the issue, is Robert Strong the same being as Gregor Clegane?Aand I generally agree with the idea that him being Gegor Clegane is much worse than him being an undead abomination and that if he is to be punished it should because he is Gregor Clegane and not because he is an undead abomination.

I will nitpick though I don't think that him being Gregor is as clear cut as him having Gregor memories. What if he had Gregor's memories but had the heart of a lamb or on the other hand what if he was a blank slate but had Gregor's bestial drive or anything in between.

Exactly. Beric Dondarrion was fundimentally as much an "abomination" as Robert Strong, and he was a hero who somehow came across modern ideas on his own. 

It would be at once heart-wrenching and great-writing if we get a chapter with Robert Strong and learn that he has memories of being Gregor but is internally horrified by his past

Archived