Vikings VIII: 20 episodes under the sea [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

The title is good, quite good.

And though I am excited about the extension, I'm also cautious, because I do agree with you about the quality of overlong drama series. Only episodic series get away with 20 episode seasons.

Me thinks that they looked at Outlander, which had 16 episodes, they split in two, and thought, hey we could do that, but lets go even more.

ETA: Veltigar; fair enough, I was asking a genuine question about what you weren't keen on. I'll hold off on judgment of the prolonged season for the time being. 

Oh, as per the usual, I hope to be proven wrong. I'm just not getting my hopes up right now ;)

I did enjoy season 3, although it wasn't without its flaws. I agree with you on some of them, like Odo, and most things Wessex. But they weren't so bad as to sour me on the show. I Hugh the latter half of the season (mostly Paris) was very good, especially Rollo.

Last season, imo only had one really good episode and that was the actual attack on Paris (the big one). The others had some occassionally great scenes (Bjorn giving that handwave and the charge afterwards), but the writing was for the most part atrocious. I actually can't stand Michael Hirst's writing, I really disliked the Tudors, so when this series started and it turned out to be actually good, I was greatly surprised. Season three on the other hand, that was the Hirst I know and loathe. I really hope that the man has been able to pull his head out of his arse, because otherwise I don't see much hope for this season.

The title is good, quite good.

:cheers: Corvinus, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship :D

And though I am excited about the extension, I'm also cautious, because I do agree with you about the quality of overlong drama series. Only episodic series get away with 20 episode seasons.

Yeah, I agree. This decision feels very counterintuitive to me. If there is one thing British TV has learned us, that is that less is pretty much always more :)

Me thinks that they looked at Outlander, which had 16 episodes, they split in two, and thought, hey we could do that, but lets go even more.

I'll keep a lookout for cows :P 

I would have gone with "Keep on Rollo-ing".

Hey, if we're going with Rollo related puns, there is only one candidate: #ROLLO :P 

And I like the new title. And the puns.

I feel like we should make titles with popculture references a must for every Vikings thread :) 

Season three did give us this scene

Well, I did say I liked one episode :P and it was that one ;) 

Archived