Which Minor characters would be the most interesting subjects of D&E style stories?

Kenton Stark

Interested in hearing others thoughts and rationales.

If you could pick a few  ASOIAF minor characters to be the main subject of a D&E type story, who would you choose?

I think the guidelines on "minor" should include, they cannot be from a Lord Paramount House or Targs and they can not have a POV in the books so far.

You may also want to do a few from differents region to get a different POV for the same events. For example

Strongboar o Adam M. in the Westerlands

Ashara Dayne or a Wyl or Uller in Dorne

A hightower  or Dickon Tarly in the reach

A marcher lord house member from the Stormlands

Malister from the RLs

Bronze Yohn's oldest son in the Vale

The Great Jon, Manderly or a Mormont girl in the North

etc.

You could do some from past history as well such as Fireball, jenny of Oldstones,  a soldier in the Golden Company with Bittersteel, A member of the Night's watch when the Night King ruled.

Shitmouth-only if he wind up being the waiter for Hot Pie's food(He does have an talent for the job). He could even find religion and work for the gravedigger( it could work because he would  now working for the other Clegane brother).

Patchface-I would read stories about him saying things that would confused and freak out  Mel.He may be in Stannis' household but he not  an family member.

Strongboar-He and Adam are one of the moral Bannerman of House Lannister.

Brus Buckler-He seem to be one of the nicer Queen's men.

Lord Beric and his plight.

From being a good looking high lord with castle, engaged to a beautiful woman.

to being sent by Ned to hunt the Mountain including his leadership of BwB.

to his 7 deaths and how his mind, body, and soul change after each resurrection.

we could find out if the resurrections had to do with him, or Thoros.

if he eventually started to resent Ned, if his treatment of Arya in the cave had anything to do with said resentment, or just his changed mental state.

He is, IMO, by far the most interesting non POV character, or his story is just relatable. 

to his 7 deaths and how his mind, body, and soul change after each resurrection.

if he eventually started to resent Ned, if his treatment of Arya in the cave had anything to do with said resentment, or just his changed mental state.

He is, IMO, by far the most interesting non POV character, or his story is just relatable. 

I like this. "A Brief History of Seven Killings", only with Beric instead of Bob Marley

I'd like to read about Tormund's fling with that bear. You could call the story "The Hung Revenant" and adapt it into a movie featuring Leonardo DiCaprio

I think Bronn's would be awesome but the mystery behind him is kind of what makes me love his character so much.

Also love the idea of one of Bittersteel's soldiers.

I think I would have to go with an iron island captain during the Greyjoy rebellion or maybe just the adventures of Euron while in exile. I would love to see what he  was actually up to all those years. 

Sand Snakes adventures! They could be fleshed-out. And Sarella!

Shiera Seastar's biography stories

If we get to write about the Sand Snakes and Shiera, Then I would like to see a Ramsay Snow story.  If nothing more than to hate the guy more, just as I hated Cercei worse after reading her point of view chapters in Feast.

That or a Bloodraven story, detailing his greenseer education.

I like this. "A Brief History of Seven Killings", only with Beric instead of Bob Marley

I'd like to read about Tormund's fling with that bear. You could call the story "The Hung Revenant" and adapt it into a movie featuring Leonardo DiCaprio

A Tormund story before GOT or after DOS would be great!

If we get to write about the Sand Snakes and Shiera, Then I would like to see a Ramsay Snow story.  If nothing more than to hate the guy more, just as I hated Cercei worse after reading her point of view chapters in Feast.

That or a Bloodraven story, detailing his greenseer education.

I agree about Bloodraven or Shiera. I can't think of anyone who has had more contact with the important players in Westeros than Bloodraven. I've had more than enough of Ramsey though.

Mance Rayder, bit the catch is that he goes on thrilling and hilarious adventures with any famous or infamous wilding per story, but it has no effect on asoiaf. 100 percent non canon.

I wouldn't mind 30 pages of Daemon Targaryen spewing mad trash at that bravosi at droftmark or high tide during the dance of dragons. Not exactly d&e style, bit I would enjoy it. 

For me, Beric's storyline would seem to be the one with the most promise for the kind of adventures that Dunk and Egg have.

that would be the most depressing adventures: look how lord Beric goes to save an innocent beekeeper and his wife and everyone ends up hanged.

I think Edric and Anguy on their way back home to marches/Starfall would be better. Or the other Edric and his guards in the Free cities.

D&E and ASoIaF both take place about 1 1/2 decades after a major rebellion against the crown.  I would really enjoy a similar story after some other major political change, such as after Aegon's Conquest, after Maegor's "succession" to the throne (and/or Jaehaerys and Alysanne ascension to the throne), or after The Dance of the Dragons.

They are nowhere minor but Griff and Young Griff before they are introduced. 

Or "Duck and Egg" told from the POV of Rolly Duckfield.  :D

Oooh!  I like this idea too.

Archived