Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season 2

SpaceChampion

• 3 months later...

The first two were probably the weakest so far. All the stuff with the native americans I probably could have done without. Part of me thinks this show may only click for people who are roughly Kimmy's age. They are constantly mentioning things I haven't thought of in years. (Micro Machines!) It's hard not to smile at the references, even if the joke itself isn't that great. 

But some of the jokes are really great.

Also the show has a great sense of continuity. There are lots of callbacks to season one. Reminds me a lot of Arrested Development in that way. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:13 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

I watched the first two last night... Didn't like them that much, hopeful that it will improve like season one did at the end.

And I never went back to watch any more of it.  I don't think, maybe I watched half of episode three... Let me check.  Looks like I watched all of episode three before dropping it.

14 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

And I never went back to watch any more of it.  I don't think, maybe I watched half of episode three... Let me check.  Looks like I watched all of episode three before dropping it.

Same. I thought the first season was great, but just didn't care for the second at all.

• 5 weeks later...

Favourite bits of the first two episodes

Spoiler

Mimi covring her naked body in sushi.

"I went to college for a year till i ran out of money. Trump University. Go Pricks!" 

Titus lemonading.

Robert Moses College for Whites Everyone

Titus' facial expresions in everything

First two episodes felt a bit flat compared to S2 but I thought episode 3 and 4 were hilarious and a return to form. 

Spoiler

Laura Dern's guest appearance was great, Titus' backing tracks were hilarious and Lillian's cookiness was as weird and wonderful as ever.

Finished the season (shh, stop judging me Kimmy). Thought it was really good overall, with the latter half of the season much funnier than the rest. One thing I noticed was how the writing really reflects the situation in America at the time it's been written - lots of Trump/Hillary/election jokes, stuff about college campus life etc. I know this is the case with a lot of shows but it was particularly noticeable with Kimmy Schmidt S3. 

I don't mean that as a criticism, just a stray observation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived