Winds update (not a blog)

TheLightning Lord

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/12/31/george-r-r-martin-may-make-a-winds-of-winter-announcement-very-soon/

Don't get excited. According to his blog it got lost. But there are a bunch of 01/01/16 posts.

Well, Damn

• Dec. 31st, 2015 at 4:36 PM
sadface

Sometimes I hate Live Journal.

I've been working all day on a new post, a long long long look back on the year that is ending, and all the things that happened in it, the good and the bad.

I know, I know. I should have broken it up. Made it three posts, or four.

But I didn't, and somehow I lost it.

[...]my other ongoing project is Dragonstone Studios, the former Desert Academy prep school that we've been converting to artist studios and offices. Work is still ongoing there (and way behind schedule, like everything else I am connected with, it seems) [...]

Doesn't sound promising

[...]my other ongoing project is Dragonstone Studios, the former Desert Academy prep school that we've been converting to artist studios and offices. Work is still ongoing there (and way behind schedule, like everything else I am connected with, it seems) [...]

Doesn't sound promising

It comes when it comes. These books are masterpieces. Rushing it is a bad idea. This book needs to line up or close so many storylines it's crazy. You don't want to jam pack the last one. 

It is kind of astounding how abusive this fandom is. I can't imagine J.K. Rowling's, Gaiman's or Tolkien's fans treating them like he is by so many fans. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than reddit.

We are GRRM's bitch. 

I think he's trying to show his fans some perspective. He's a busy guy. He's got all of this stuff going on (in one year), plus writing a giant of a novel, and trying to maintain his sanity... I don't blame him for taking his time on Winds. It has got to be overwhelming.

I feel like he can either release it before season 6 or wait until close to 2017. Releasing it while S6 is going on or 1-4 months after the season end would cause views to go down on the show. If he says that winds isn't going to be out until 1-4 months after S6, I'm just not going to watch S6 and wait for winds. And I'm sure there's a bit of book readers with that same mindset.

I feel like he can either release it before season 6 or wait until close to 2017. Releasing it while S6 is going on or 1-4 months after the season end would cause views to go down on the show. If he says that winds isn't going to be out until 1-4 months after S6, I'm just not going to watch S6 and wait for winds. And I'm sure there's a bit of book readers with that same mindset.

Agreed. I bet the show folks hope for a publication date before s6. It will have large impact on viewership.

Personally I won't watch s6 until after I read wow. But that's just me

I just read the last update.

Can someone who has an accoubt on LJ please go there and tell Mr Martin that while we are all waiting for Winds, many of us are happy he is enjoying himself and his travels? I mean, it's his life, he shouldn't kind-of- apologize for doing something that makes him happy...

I just read the last update.

Can someone who has an accoubt on LJ please go there and tell Mr Martin that while we are all waiting for Winds, many of us are happy he is enjoying himself and his travels? I mean, it's his life, he shouldn't kind-of- apologize for doing something that makes him happy...

Couldn't agree more. I know the feeling. Growing up poor you rarely get the pleasure of going out of your own neighborhood. Out of the country? Yeah, right. I'd love to travel as much as he does. I'm planning a Geneva trip for next fall, myself. It's healthy for a writer to travel as much as possible.

Archived