Winds update (not a blog)

TheLightning Lord

I honestly don't get why folks thinks he is trolling us. I have read over a dozen times people think he has written all the books and is holding onto them just to spite fans. That is crazy town.

I have lost tons of things I have written online and cursed all seven hells more times than I can count.

This is not the great Northern Conspiracy. 

He wants to get it out. He does not want to deal with entitled complaining fans complaining about his technology skills on his blog. Many of them asking him if he backs up his lifes work onto disk.

I don't think he is enjoying it. 

I'm totally stoked about his career and his fame. He deserves it. I defend his busy schedule to whiny fans all the time. 

With that said, is it so difficult to throw us desperate souls something?

At risk of sounding like a whiny, entitled fan I'll just stop there. I'm just really hoping for a TWoW update soon. 

It is 1:30am here. I am even whinier than you :)

It's the people who condemn him from leaving his office and going to get an achievement award at his Alma mater or travel when he grew up in the projects and lived the bulk of his adult life without fame, fortune and the ability to travel. He grew up in Bayonne never leaving more than three miles from home.

Eyes are closing... not sure I am gonna make it guys...

Right? It's not like he's running around with shallow celebrities and doing a bunch of blow or something. He's doing some pretty productive things. 

It is what it is. I'm not butthurt. I'm just ready for another book. The waiting is suspenseful. But I really shouldn't complain. This is only the first book I've ever waited for from him. I know there are fans out there that have waited for him to publish numerous books before this. 

Nobody's complaining about him doing all those things, he should be doing them, he should travel and enjoy his life.

What his fans want is that he wouldn't leave us in the dark about the next book, especially with all the speculations around the internet lately from different sources, from various editors and mainly because HE said he wanted the book out before season 6.

We deserve an update about what's going on, even if he says that the book will be out in 2026, we at least deserve that. That's all.

Right? It's not like he's running around with shallow celebrities and doing a bunch of blow or something. He's doing some pretty productive things. 

It is what it is. I'm not butthurt. I'm just ready for another book. The waiting is suspenseful. But I really shouldn't complain. This is only the first book I've ever waited for from him. I know there are fans out there that have waited for him to publish numerous books before this. 

Oh I'm with you. I just finished my fifth reread. He is simply a genius. Every read tells you more and increases with enjoyment.

while we wait, please make blood sacrifice to the Black Goat of Qohor for the health of Roy Dotrice the audiobook narrator.

He is like 94. 

Nobody's complaining about him doing all those things, he should be doing them, he should travel and enjoy his life.

What his fans want is that he wouldn't leave us in the dark about the next book, especially with all the speculations around the internet lately from different sources, from various editors and mainly because HE said he wanted the book out before season 6.

We deserve an update about what's going on, even if he says that the book will be out in 2026, we at least deserve that. That's all.

He did want it out then. 

He owes us nothing. Genius takes time. He is writing for immortality. Folks will read this for years and years. No one will care about the wait then. The book shouldn't feel rushed.

He did want it out then. 

He owes us nothing. Genius takes time. He is writing for immortality. Folks will read this for years and years. No one will care about the wait then. The book shouldn't feel rushed.

You missed my point here but whatever...

The point is that when he thinks it would be done changes. So he stops telling us when it will be done until he names, namely when it is done.

Announcements don't make anything come sooner.

All that said, if I stayed up until 2am for another post on Hugo awards or the Coteau I will cry.

A Dream of Sleep.

Archived