TTTNE 461 - A New Year, A New Moot

First of My Name

Since our current Spampress requested I make this poetic, I shall take this opportunity to make this all sound very dramatic and official.

On this day, January the second, we spammers gather from all nooks and corners of Spamland, to hold that most ancient and protected ritual. Ladies and gentleman, once again, it is time for the Spamsmoot.

The last race was somewhat odd, since by one method of counting posts I won, and by another Buck had won, but she graciously allowed me to start this thread. I kind of meant to say this on NYE but it was too late in the evening for coherent toughts, so I'll say it now.
Spammers, you are one of the best groups of people I've had the pleasure of meeting, and I've enjoyed getting to know you and spending time here. TTTNE remains a unique place on the internet, always welcoming people who need to kill their time or share their burdens, and I'm grateful for that :grouphug:  I'm looking forward to procastrinating here in 2016 as well, and I hope all of you will be there to waste time time along with me.

There is one other event that we spammers anxiously await - namely - the prophesied arrival of the Spampire's collective stepchild, the long-awaited and often-rumored KOBABABY (let's try to put that in capital letters from now on). Koba, we hope you and the baby (which I'm sure you named after me, as agreed upon) are both doing great, and we hope to hear from you soon.

But first - The Spamsmoot. were all eager to hear who will run, be it alone or together, and what kind of kingdom will rise from the ashes of our current Spampire. Good luck to all the contestants, whomever they may turn out to be, And be warned - HelenaExMachina's favorite method of participating in elections is well known to be assassinations. The hiring of bodyguards shall be allowed in this moot

Also, I would like an applause for our current rulers, who have maintained the Spampire with skill and grace. If the reign of your successors will go as smoothly as yours did, we have nothing to worry about. A thank you to Buck and Nogg :bowdown:

But anyway - may the best spammer win! :cheers:

That turned out longer than expected. A summary: it's Spamsmoot time, thanks to all, good luck Koba, applause for Buck and Nogg, watch out for Helena. Also apologies for the clichéd title.

ETA: By royal decree this moot will only last 10 days, because the spam has been so slow (ordered by Buck on the last page of the previous thread). Just so you all know. Don't wait too long to start your campaigns.

Lovely post. And yes, we all eagerly await the oft-rumoured KOBABABY. He is our very own Prince that was Promised :) 

I can't believe I lost after all the effort I put into my gifts and videos. If the rest of you weren't smart enough to plan ahead the doom on you! :P 

Happy Spamsmoot all!

Thanks :)  And the KOBABABY is indeed to us what Jesus is to Christianity.

If the winner was selected on the quality of spam it would've been you, no doubt about it :P

Happy New Year spammers! May it be prosperours for all of us!

FOMN, congratulations on the win and on the eloquent OP - athough I wouldn't have expected anything less from the court's Wordsmith. 

What does one have to do to win titles around here ?

Make a deal with the she-devil - or Helena, as we call her here. ;)

I know we don't really discuss ASOIAF here but I thought you would all like to see the latest update from GRRM http://grrm.livejournal.com (warning before you click - no it is not a release date). 

And I'm no she-devil. Pretty sure that title belongs to Koba :P 

Really? I'm pretty sure I clearly read ETA 2020. :P

We seem to have entirely opposite responses to deadlines though. Deadlines always made me write much faster... the night before after doing nothing for three months. :lol:

Really? I'm pretty sure I clearly read ETA 2020. :P

We seem to have entirely opposite responses to deadlines though. Deadlines always made me write much faster... the night before after doing nothing for three months. :lol:

Ha! I'm the one everyone throws disgusted looks at when they ask "have you started this essay question?" "Oh yeah, finished it and emailed it in already." *if-looks-could-kill*

Ha! I'm the one everyone throws disgusted looks at when they ask "have you started this essay question?" "Oh yeah, finished it and emailed it in already." *if-looks-could-kill*

My version of that was for exams. I've never needed to revise, with perhaps a handful of exceptions in my entire life where I've read a few notes just before the exam. The looks and the comments. :lol:

I am one of those too. I love having the time to revise, and revise again, pester my professor, revise again...

A little Hermione Granger

My version of that was for exams. I've never needed to revise, with perhaps a handful of exceptions in my entire life where I've read a few notes just before the exam. The looks and the comments. :lol:

oh. You're one of those people then. :mellow:

so, no new book...ah well, guess i will have to keep trolling north of the wall to get my jollies til he finishes it up...such is life

now to serious business...i am looking forward to my first 'Moot....i have laid in plenty of supplies and eagerly await the candidates attempts to sway my vote....bring on the treasure....

excellent OP, First...

:smoking:

Very nice OP, FoMN! :cheers:

Okay, this may not be totally unanticipated, but I hereby proudly announce that our BlackBear and I will be running together in this Spamsm00t. And we'll publish our intentions and ideas later.

Titles? Those you shall have - in case you vote for us.

I served as Spam King in the Court of Rock'n'Roll with the maid of woodlynne as my Spam Queen in 2014 and as Hand of the Spamperial Couple last year. If this is a recommendation, it's a very modest one. 

I have experience in modding. And I - for myself - can say that I would like to do it again.

I'm nobody else but myself. Always.

And I like to preserve this place with all my heart. Where I found friends. Abroad and in my country. Real friends. :cheers:

FoMN: if there's anything you might need - advice or a shoulder to cry on - I'll be there for you. I pull for my friends. You're not that far away from the place I live. Thank you for being a friend, too.

Now. This turned into an advertisement. <chuckles>

Anyway, it's all up to you. You who read this.

Thank you for your attention.

It is snowing! :wub:

Yepp, how did you know?

I have proof. :pirate:

That turned out longer than expected. A summary: it's Spamsmoot time, thanks to all, good luck Koba, applause for Buck and Nogg, watch out for Helena. Also apologies for the clichéd title.

That was very eloquent. I would not expect anything less from our most chrished wordsmith. :grouphug: I enjoy having you here too.

I hope Koba appears soon to tell us the exciting news. ;) She is busy right now, understandable.

Thank you for your trust in me in Crannog. I appreciate it a lot.

If the winner was selected on the quality of spam it would've been you, no doubt about it :P

Hmmmm ... the instalments of Sister Moves to Dorm would surely give it some competition at least? ;) Or Lany's magnificent projects? Or the KOBABABY rumours, started by whoever? Or, to give a shoutout to our very own master of tuna, whatever in seven hells GMM is talking about?

I could probably pass most of my exams that way. Only I am too much of a perfectionist and feel like I know nothing if I do not revise and need to pass with the highest grade not to be disappointed in myself, so I revised and stressed anyway. :lol: I did not need to study as much as some of my schoolmates and colleagues to get higher grades than them.

now to serious business...i am looking forward to my first 'Moot....i have laid in plenty of supplies and eagerly await the candidates attempts to sway my vote....bring on the treasure....

:o Wait, your first moot? It feels like you have been here since ... a long time! I cannot belive you have been around for less than a year.

Now, on to business. I would just want to set some rules for the moot around here before getting ceremonial. So, let me present, without further ado:

Spamsmoot rules and guidelines

First and foremost: Spamsmoot is supposed to be a fun thing. Keep it that way and do not take it too seriously. Keep it calm, civil, and inoffensive.

Participation requirements:

To participate in the spamsmoot either as a voter or as a candidate for a new ruler, one must have posted in any of the TTTNE editions before.

Nominations:

Any spammer or a pair or a group of three can declare themselves candidate(s) for the new ruler(s).

Anybody can nominate any other spammer to be a candidate, but before the candidacy is considered official, the nominated person must confirm they are running.

Voting:

All votes must be posted publicly in this thread.

Changing votes is allowed at any time till the end of the moot.

If a candidate withdraws from running, their voters are free to vote again for another candidate.

If candidates change their candidacies (two previously separate candidates join and run as a pair or a previous pair or trio separates into separate candidates), their voters need to vote again to confirm their vote for the new party (or they can vote for another party).

Length:

The spamsmoot traditionally took a whole thread and was declared finished before the race. However, in the light of the exceptionally slow spam flow in the past few months, it is necessary that we limit this spamsmoot in order to avoid the moot and the titles ceremony taking too long and everybody losing patience with it. Therefore, this spamsmoot is limited to 10 days, regardless of the number of posts made in this time.

This means the spamsmoot will end on the 12th January at 1.30 AM (CET).

The rest of the thread can be devoted to the assigning of titles.

In the unlikely event that this thread ends in less than 10 days, the spamsmoot ends with post 900.

Miscellaneous:

Bribery is encouraged.

Joke entries are encouraged, but it should be made clear it is a joke entry and the candidate may want to pull out before the end of the moot.

It bears repeating: keep it civil, polite, and fun for everyone. Rudeness or any other action that makes others uncomfortable is to be avoided. Joking is fine, but do not cross the line between joking and attacking somebody.

In accordance with and partly taken from Pebble’s guidelines from 2015.

Signed,

Buck titles titles

Have fun, dear people.

I'm not planning on running for king atm, but if anyone wants to team up with me I'd definitely consider it.

I nominate TR-8R. TTTNE needs a King who cares.

I would like to second this motion. No one is more loyal and honorable than TR-8R.

Okay, this may not be totally unanticipated, but I hereby proudly announce that our BlackBear and I will be running together in this Spamsm00t. And we'll publish our intentions and ideas later.

FoMN: if there's anything you might need - advice or a shoulder to cry on - I'll be there for you. I pull for my friends. You're not that far away from the place I live. Thank you for being a friend, too.

It is snowing! :wub:

That was very eloquent. I would not expect anything less from our most chrished wordsmith. :grouphug: I enjoy having you here too.

I hope Koba appears soon to tell us the exciting news. ;) She is busy right now, understandable.

Thank you for your trust in me in Crannog. I appreciate it a lot.

Hmmmm ... the instalments of Sister Moves to Dorm would surely give it some competition at least? ;) Or Lany's magnificent projects? Or the KOBABABY rumours, started by whoever? Or, to give a shoutout to our very own master of tuna, whatever in seven hells GMM is talking about?

I'm jealous. Though it's supposed to snow next week here.

I meant the spam in the race itself. Helena's links were more amusing than my song lyrics :P

I know we don't really discuss ASOIAF here but I thought you would all like to see the latest update from GRRM http://grrm.livejournal.com (warning before you click - no it is not a release date). 

And I'm no she-devil. Pretty sure that title belongs to Koba :P 

THAT was very interesting. I don't know how to do spoilers on this new Westeros, but let's just say my speculation on the bumping for TWOW thread now looks quite doable.

Titles? Those you shall have - in case you vote for us.

I served as Spam King in the Court of Rock'n'Roll with the maid of woodlynne as my Spam Queen in 2014 and as Hand of the Spamperial Couple last year. If this is a recommendation, it's a very modest one. 

I have experience in modding. And I - for myself - can say that I would like to do it again.

I'm nobody else but myself. Always.

And I like to preserve this place with all my heart. Where I found friends. Abroad and in my country. Real friends. :cheers:

Now. This turned into an advertisement. <chuckles>

Anyway, it's all up to you. You who read this.

Thank you for your attention.

I won't commit my vote before I see who else is running, but I am very happy to see you & Bear put your names in. You're both very worthy.

Near the end of TTTNE there was some discussion about how I knew a spammer's birthday and I admit that I've put some of your birthdates into my birthday spreadsheet (most are family and non westeros friends). If anyone is uncomfortable with this, let me know via private message and I'll delete the dates and not mention them again. I'm sorry if I've creeped anybody out.

Archived