A Song of Ice and Fire Art

Octavia Moon

I've been wanting to do some portraits of the characters from the books for a long time, but only in the last few months have I felt confident enough to make some attempt :) These are simply my ideas of how these characters look - it's more or less how I see them when I read (and reread) the books.

So I'm sharing them here (hope this is the right place) - also, if anyone has a suggestion for a character that not many other people depict, I'm always happy to try - I'd like to add some to the Wiki, but I'm a bit befuddled as to how to do that - and also not sure they are good enough so any help on that score would be appreciated :) If the Wiki is short of particular characters that someone would like to see, let me know and I'll do my best (or worst!) :

MOTHER OF DRAGONS, SLAYER OF LIES

DAENERYS.jpg

SANSA STARK - Little Bird

SANSA.jpg

LYANNA STARK - The Knight of the Laughing Tree?

LYANNA.jpg

YOU KNOW NOTHING - Jon Snow & Ygritte

JON-YGRITTE.jpg

Arya Stark - Cat of the Canals

ARYA.jpg

Thank you both...I will certainly keep sharing any I do....

I confess there are some characters, from the TV series, that I still hear or see when reading - Tyrion and Jon are probably the closest to how I 'cast' them in my mind. But on my list I have put Tyrion and Ramsey :)

Thank you both...I will certainly keep sharing any I do....

I confess there are some characters, from the TV series, that I still hear or see when reading - Tyrion and Jon are probably the closest to how I 'cast' them in my mind. But on my list I have put Tyrion and Ramsey :)

Yay! So much for *my* favorite bastard. :cheers: And my favorite character.

Looking really forward to this - if you put Iwan's face on him or *your* vision. I quite like Iwan's interpretation and acting (and his music!), but I'd like to see what *you* visualize.

I am glad :) I had almost finished it when my computer crashed and I lost a couple hours works - nearly didn't bother redoing it, but then I knuckled down and got it done :)

I admit it. I'm not so much of a KITten (supposedly, some Jon Snow fans call themselves that) but rather a Bastard's (fan)boy. Of course, he does terrible things to Theon and others that are past redemption - but I don't judge - I'm more of an observer. I see Ramsay in terms of a psychological case study.

Thank you so much for drawing him.

I admit it. I'm not so much of a KITten (supposedly, some Jon Snow fans call themselves that) but rather a Bastard's (fan)boy. Of course, he does terrible things to Theon and others that are past redemption - but I don't judge - I'm more of an observer. I see Ramsay in terms of a psychological case study.

Thank you so much for drawing him.

I think it's easy to 'dismiss' the 'villains' as just horrible and hateful, but they are some of the most interesting characters. I have a degree in psychology so I admit I spend far too much time thinking about how their personalities fit into conventional wisdom about personality development. My own take on Ramsey is that his mother was unable to protect him and probably didn't want him (due to the rape). My view is that Reek abused him, and then taught him sexual sadism. But that is based as much on case studies as it is on what GRRM says :)

I think it's easy to 'dismiss' the 'villains' as just horrible and hateful, but they are some of the most interesting characters. I have a degree in psychology so I admit I spend far too much time thinking about how their personalities fit into conventional wisdom about personality development. My own take on Ramsey is that his mother was unable to protect him and probably didn't want him (due to the rape). My view is that Reek abused him, and then taught him sexual sadism. But that is based as much on case studies as it is on what GRRM says :)

We could talk about this endlessly, I guess.

And I'd very much like to do that.

I'm going to take up med school - I have some medical knowledge. Not only about psychology but also cardio- and neurology.

And I'm into roleplaying games. That's also why I can - in a way - relate to many actors who prepare for their roles. The sun's not always shining, but there's also shadows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived