Which minor character's death hit you the most?

As brutal as the Red Wedding was with Robb et al dying, it was the Smalljon's death that hit hard for some reason. Just the casual way in which his head is lopped off by a Bolton man caught me off guard. 

I remember getting choked up about Smalljon because his first reaction was to throw a table down to protect his King, and then start swinging with anything he could get his hands on. Such a bamf taken down by some loser Bolton flunkie.

I know we are all probably using our own filter regarding small and large roles in the books but I will go with Maester Aemon and Jeor Mormont.  And I know why I pick them - my bias is to Jon Snow and these two men acted as a paternal example for Jon.  With both of their deaths, Jon lost anew men who guided and helped him.  One of the many times I would think - can't the Starks/Snow get a break!

Mycah.

Seriously VIOLENTLY KILL a little boy for running away and smacking a prince? Though the punishment could have been something harsh RUNNING HIM DOWN? WTF?

Of course it even more bothersome for the fact that he actually didn't do anything but run out of fear. No wonder Arya has so much hate in her.

Dacey Mormont, Smalljon Umber, Lucas Blackwood. Lyman Darry and any Darry who dies aswell.

Jacelyn Bywater too, the guy was cool.

The little monkey of Mark Mullendore. :(

Oh and Merrett Frey. The guy didn´t really deserve that hellstorm Martin gave him for a life. :(

As brutal as the Red Wedding was with Robb et al dying, it was the Smalljon's death that hit hard for some reason. Just the casual way in which his head is lopped off by a Bolton man caught me off guard. 

:agree: 

Pretty much all the deaths at the Red Wedding were bad and a bit heartbreaking. But yes Smalljon and Jinglebell. Cat sawing until she hit bone? Wow.

Lady. For that, I wasn't ready. That was the moment for me when shit got real.

After that, I was kind of forewarned.

This. When Bran got pushed I didn't really have time to care about him (plus, didn't die), but lady was as you said "when shit got real". It was also my first "f**k the Lannisters" moment. Great scene (passage? I don't know the word for novels).

Archived