Speculation on Lyanna Stark casting

Rinba

She's 33 so I don't think she is right for the part. If they were going down the route of the older actress they might as well have cast Eva Green in the role. Ania looks more Dornish too. Not quite northern enough. In the more recent shots she doesn't look that young so I can't see her passing off as a 16-18/20 year old Lyanna.

She's 33 so I don't think she is right for the part. If they were going down the route of the older actress they might as well have cast Eva Green in the role. Ania looks more Dornish too. Not quite northern enough. In the more recent shots she doesn't look that young so I can't see her passing off as a 16-18/20 year old Lyanna.

Ashara maybe? She could nail that and looks a bit, but I guess they'll cut this stuff also. Probably some smaller role.

• 3 weeks later...

If you really want to be honest and true to the book, then we must all remember that Lyanna was very young and wasn't as beautiful as we all depict her. Arya supposedly reminds of and resembles Lyanna. Therefore I put forward Isabelle Fuhrman(The Hunger Games' Clove) for the role of Lyanna and she looks a lot like Maise Williams. But if you all insist on beauty as the deciding factor, then let's go with Barbara Palvin!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember, her character is a minor one. Her only importance is that she gets kidnapped, has a baby and then dies. And that's it, that's the extent of her role. This is not a character that needs a major actress with a great range of acting ability.

7 hours ago, Fiery Heart said:

British-Simpsons-Tea-Spit.jpg

How many important scenes does she have in the books? How much important dialogue? "Promise, me Ned" and what? She's Rosebud in Citizen Kane. My prediction is we'll only see her on her death bed. She'll give some info about Jon, beg for a promise, then die.

On 2 February 2016 at 2:30 PM, Curtis B. Curt said:

If you really want to be honest and true to the book, then we must all remember that Lyanna was very young and wasn't as beautiful as we all depict her. Arya supposedly reminds of and resembles Lyanna. Therefore I put forward Isabelle Fuhrman(The Hunger Games' Clove) for the role of Lyanna and she looks a lot like Maise Williams. But if you all insist on beauty as the deciding factor, then let's go with Barbara Palvin!

I think it's the other way around; I think both Lyanna and Arya are beautiful, it's just that Arya is still very young (books), and a tom boy. Eddard knows this, he talks about it. 

As to the OP, I don't think she has the right look, beautiful as she is. Then again, many other characters are played by actors who don't look like their book counterparts, and they're still brilliant playing the parts. Iain Glen as Jorah comes to mind. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2016 at 6:34 PM, kissdbyfire said:

I think it's the other way around; I think both Lyanna and Arya are beautiful, it's just that Arya is still very young (books), and a tom boy. Eddard knows this, he talks about it. 

As to the OP, I don't think she has the right look, beautiful as she is. Then again, many other characters are played by actors who don't look like their book counterparts, and they're still brilliant playing the parts. Iain Glen as Jorah comes to mind. 

Yeah, Lyanna was beautiful, and Arya was growing into her beauty.

As beautiful as the actor above is, I didn't picture Lyanna that way, either.

On 4/1/2016 at 7:48 PM, Mandzipop said:

Eva Green is Ashara Dayne;     http://fyeahmartells.tumblr.com/post/91367353253/alysannemanderly-even-after-all-these-years and 

I don't know if they will show Lyanna as a adult (they will probably age her), but I question if they will show a young Lyanna. In Dance, Bran have his visions and see a girl fighting with a younger boy (presumably Lyanna and Benjen). We don't know if they will cut it, but it is possible that we will see in some point a young Lyanna. 

On 06/03/2016 at 9:33 AM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Eva Green is God, she can play/be anyone. :)

Yes, she is. =) She have a physical appearance close of Ashara and and she is a pretty good actress. I like her in Kingdom of Heaven when she portrayed a character that live in a oriental background like Dorne. But, she is 33 years old now and that character need a younger actress. And talking about Ashara it is the kind of character that is impossible to cast a actress that fits 100% in the physical description, she was based in Elizabeth Taylor and I don't think we will see other actress with so many rare traits like her for the next few centuries.

5 hours ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

Yes, she is. =) She have a physical appearance close of Ashara and and she is a pretty good actress. I like her in Kingdom of Heaven when she portrayed a character that live in a oriental background like Dorne. But, she is 33 years old now and that character need a younger actress. And talking about Ashara it is the kind of character that is impossible to cast a actress that fits 100% in the physical description, she was based in Elizabeth Taylor and I don't think we will see other actress with so many rare traits like her for the next few centuries.

Oh, I didn't mean she should play anyone on GoT, just that she's great and  awesome. :)

7 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Eva Green is God, she can play/be anyone. :)

Agree.

6 hours ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

Seeing how they casted 57 yo StDillane, who is btw the most handsome actor in the show, for 36 yo Stannis, 56 yo Sean Bean for 35 yo Ned, 52 MFairley for 34 Cat I don't see why a 33 would be a problem. I believe that Eva Green is her generation's Taylor. She has something like old holywood glamour.

Archived