How do the user ranks work?

The Glad King

As you can probably tell by my amount of posts, I am a new user of the forum. So, I am not quite informed on the whole ranks. From my observations, it appears to be based on the amount of posts, as the people I saw with more posts were small council and kingslayer. Am I correct on that? Also, what are all the ranks, and how do you reach each one? And is there a purpose for the ranks other than simply showing your seniority?

I can't find the Board FAQ on the new forum, but I have been able to find it on the old one, which stated the following regarding post count and titles:

Q. How can I get a Custom Title?
A. Custom titles are currently being granted only to those people who have reached the posting level of Council Member. When you've reached that level, edit your profile and you will have the option of setting a title. You may only make three title changes per month.

Q. Just what are these posting levels?
A. As you post, the forum keeps a tally of your total. When you reach a certain number, your title will automatically change. Here is a listing of the levels:

Unregistered -- Wildling
Newly registered -- Commoner
25 posts -- Freerider
75 posts -- Sellsword
150 posts -- Squire
250 posts -- Hedge Knight
375 posts -- Landed Knight
525 posts -- Noble
700 posts -- Council Member

Once you reach Council Member, you will be able to change your title to something of your choosing via My Controls.

Q. What about if I do a lot of short posts? Do those count?
A. Yes and no. The board is dumb and it'll tally them. But Ran or the moderators will delete them, and maybe you'll be titled something humiliating if you do this chronically. They don't like a lot of short one-liners. If you feel a need to make a quip in a thread (especially in forums dedicated to series discussion), try to give the post some substance. And definently don't start any threads for the sole purpose of making a short joke or a series of the same.

Archived