Boskone - Boston - Feb. 19-21, 2016

I can't make it this year so you should be extreme weather free

I'll be there, so, the weather might still try to pull a fast one. You thinking of going Lady N.? That would be cool :)

You thinking of going Lady N.? That would be cool :)

I am thinking of going!  February is always such an iffy month with the possibility of snow here or there but I might just purchase tickets, cross my fingers, and hope the weather gods are benevolent. 

I'll be in Boston for the first time this February, this sounds like something I should get tickets for - it's a pity they don't have the schedule on the website though. 

Do you mean the program? That usually doesn't get finalized and posted until a week or so before the con.

I am thinking of going!  February is always such an iffy month with the possibility of snow here or there but I might just purchase tickets, cross my fingers, and hope the weather gods are benevolent. 

Excellent! Last year was a weather disaster, but that was part of the charm for me.

Do you mean the program? That usually doesn't get finalized and posted until a week or so before the con.

Thanks! I might as well get the Saturday/ Sunday pass if it isn't going to get finalized until then. It will be my first con, so to speak, so I'm pretty excited. 

The Boskone programming, I've found, is pretty consistent from year to year (with obvious variations due to GOHs). Here's a link to last year's, so you can get an idea if any of that is up your alley. http://www.nesfa.org/boskone-history/schedule.html

I've found myself gravitating to the art panels (which are generally pretty good) over the years, and I don't see that changing this year!

Perhaps a field trip to Trillium?

yes!

very possible I will be working, at the very least that Saturday, but my store no more than a 20 minute walk from the convention, and pretty much across the street from the legal seafood spot. And as usual, if anyone has any question about the area or wants to venture out into our fine-ish little city, just let me know

No room yet, but still mostly planning on making it.

Anyone maybe need a roomie?

I don't *need* a roomie. I'm so bad-ass I don't need anyone or anything. However, I'm happy to save dollars. I snore, though, so, that's going to be an issue.

I don't *need* a roomie. I'm so bad-ass I don't need anyone or anything. However, I'm happy to save dollars. I snore, though, so, that's going to be an issue.

I never travel without earplugs.  And I've roomed with Pod enough to know how to behave around Irish bad-asses.  I'll avert my eyes at all times, and I won't try and steal your pot of gold.

I'll let you know if/when I go from "maybe" to "attending" and see if you still have an open bed.

I never travel without earplugs.  And I've roomed with Pod enough to know how to behave around Irish bad-asses.  I'll avert my eyes at all times, and I won't try and steal your pot of gold.

I'll let you know if/when I go from "maybe" to "attending" and see if you still have an open bed.

Cool! If you've survived Pod, I'll be a breeze. 

No bother, either way...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived